Dec 30, 2019
Yeah, I know that Montreal is the only team with quality prospects :facepalm:

Pronman's 2020-21 NHL organizational rankings (under 22): Habs 9th, Minn 15th
Scott Wheeler’s 2020 NHL prospect pool rankings: Habs 2nd, Minn 14th

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Pronman's 2020-21 NHL organizational rankings (under 22): Habs 9th, Minn 15th
Scott Wheeler’s 2020 NHL prospect pool rankings: Habs 2nd, Minn 14th
You should be very proud. Two guys that wouldn't even know what a hockey puck was, think you're squad is awesome.

Still don't know how that makes a Danault+Romanov for Dumba+Beckman trade laughable?

DC Comics

Dec 30, 2019
You should be very proud. Two guys that wouldn't even know what a hockey puck was, think you're squad is awesome.

Still don't know how that makes a Danault+Romanov for Dumba+Beckman trade laughable?

Beckman LW: as Pronman: Tier: Very good NHL player
Romanov: LD: as Pronman: High-end NHL player

Nobody is trading a good LW prospect for a really good NHL LD prospect. In term of positional value, C > RD > LD > RW > LW

Danault is close to Dumba. Romanov >>>> Beckman

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Beckman LW: as Pronman: Tier: Very good NHL player
Romanov: LD: as Pronman: High-end NHL player

Nobody is trading a good LW prospect for a really good NHL LD prospect. In term of positional value, C > RD > LD > RW > LW

Danault is close to Dumba. Romanov >>>> Beckman
You're still using someone that knows f*** all about the sport of hockey as a source?

DC Comics

Dec 30, 2019
That;s because everything that you know about the NHL, you learned from this website.
Agreed. Learning is all about collecting infos and facts from trusted sources so the opinion is based on most facts than possible.
Having opinion without facts is baseless

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Don’t forget he is coming off a bad season due to injuries. Any team giving a top 6 Centre for 6 million cap hit is overpaying.
That's a concern of mine. Brodin had a very good year and needs a new contract; in my mind he'd be the guy to really explore trade options on. With Dumba, if it's a choice between selling relatively low or betting on him rebounding in Minnesota next year, I take the latter 8 days a week.

I still get the feeling it's Dumba that's more likely to move, and I don't like it.

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Agreed. Learning is all about collecting infos and facts from trusted sources so the opinion is based on most facts than possible.
Information is great. Knowing where to get that information is even better. There are quite a few posters on this website that are excellent sources of information. There are ten times more that are completely full of shit. Fairly similar to taking the opinion of a journalism student that doesn't know anything about hockey, as fact.

Thinking that Romanov is a better prospect than Beckman is a perfectly fine opinion. I actually agree with that opinion.

Thinking that Romanov and Danault for Beckman and Dumba is laughable? That's either an uneducated opinion, or you're just a homer. Using Pronman and Wheeler as "sources" makes me lean towards the former, but it's most likely a combination of both.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018

It's also ok to have your own opinions after watching the games even if isn't popular on these sites

Reactions: 2Pair

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Simple math?
Recheck your math.

Top 8
The 3 players mentioned are rated higher than the 9th.

• Alexis Lafreniere, LW, Rimouski (QMJHL)
  • Tim Stuetzle, LW, Mannheim (GER)
  • Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury (OHL)
  • Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa (OHL)
  • Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie (OHL)
  • Lucas Raymond, LW, Frolunda (SWE)
  • Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgarden (SWE)
  • Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Actually, I said one of Rossi, Perfetti, or an even better player would be there at 9. Simple reading is a struggle for some as well I guess.

Now give me a better player sitting at #9

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
What does Brodin have to do with that conversation? You're trying so hard, yet failing at every turn.
Your the guy that brought up the age and who is also UFA next summer as a reason for low value.
Now do the same for Brodin who's the same age and is also a ufa at the same time.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Recheck your math.

Top 8
The 3 players mentioned are rated higher than the 9th.

Your top 8 here leaves Lundell to Minnesota at #9. I would personally take Lundell over both of Rossi and Perfetti. I'm sure plenty would disagree with that, but I find it hard to believe that too many would rather have Rossi and C. White over Lundell and Dumba.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Your the guy that brought up the age and who is also UFA next summer as a reason for low value.
Now do the same for Brodin who's the same age and is also a ufa at the same time.
Nope. Don't think I have mentioned age or contract status once in this conversation.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can see Guerin holding onto Dumba( and Brodin), hoping that he rebounds, making him more valuable for a TDL deal. In such a deal, he would bring in more value than Brodin because of his contract status. If he is on pace, for, say, 35-40 pts. Which isn't at all unrealistic, then he would bring more back in return than Zucker, who got a really nice D prospect and a 1st. Dumba is younger than Zucker, and most would consider him more valuable if he even gets close to his 50 pt. output of 2018.

Guerin might also just hold onto Dumba, rather than make a trade for a C that he isn't enthused about. At his point, going 4+4 at the ED would only have him losing one of Greenway or Kunin. Unless they take a big step forward next year, they aren't irreplaceable, or a heavy loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->