Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
"All but gone" is probably strong, but Russo's last podcast did say that Guerin seems to be shopping him. That shouldn't be surprising considering Minnesota's strengths, needs and situation heading into the expansion draft, but it's more than just speculation.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would also be open to accepting players like Morgan Frost (as an example) as part of the return

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Bad plan to move Dumba after a down year... if it's not a legit center coming back, I have my doubts on whether it's worth trading him instead of Brodin.

Reactions: BHD and Bazeek

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Bad plan to move Dumba after a down year... if it's not a legit center coming back, I have my doubts on whether it's worth trading him instead of Brodin.

I think whichever one gets us the better return by the time we need to move one is the one that'll be moved.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think whichever one gets us the better return by the time we need to move one is the one that'll be moved.
I think that goes without saying, but like i said, I have my doubts in the potential return after a down year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If you are confident about extending Brodin (though I fully get not wanting to do it until after the ED but the closer he gets to actually going to ufa he may very well decide to see what is out there). Cause Minny got burned by the last ED losing tuch.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If you are confident about extending Brodin (though I fully get not wanting to do it until after the ED but the closer he gets to actually going to ufa he may very well decide to see what is out there). Cause Minny got burned by the last ED losing tuch.

At this point I don't care enough about keeping the top 4 intact. Even if we make it through the ED unscathed, we're still going to need to deal from our defense to address the lack of a center.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Dumba just won the king clancy memorial trophy which is all but the kiss of death for Wild players. On a serious note, Minnesota is in desperate need of a top 6C. Personally I'd be fine with a prospect, but I know many wild fans would like an established player in the NHL.

If it was a prospect i would hope some insurance would be coming with though like a pick or stop gap center.

Reactions: Legegendsofthenorth

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
At this point I don't care enough about keeping the top 4 intact. Even if we make it through the ED unscathed, we're still going to need to deal from our defense to address the lack of a center.
I'd hope we can do that before the ED myself.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not really

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Dumba just won the king clancy memorial trophy which is all but the kiss of death for Wild players. On a serious note, Minnesota is in desperate need of a top 6C. Personally I'd be fine with a prospect, but I know many wild fans would like an established player in the NHL.

If it was a prospect i would hope some insurance would be coming with though like a pick or stop gap center.
Aaah crap.... welp, nice knowin' ya, Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad