Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Nylander for Dumba is (imo) the most fair trade proposal, that helps both teams.

Dumba doesn’t help the Leafs though, it would be another Kadri for Barrie, except in this case Nylander is much better than Kadri and Av’s Barrie had more value than a Dumba. Kadri for Dumba, for example, would have been fair.

If Nylander was actually offered this deal would already be done, and a steal by Minnesota.

Reactions: Mr Positive

GM Armchair

Dec 16, 2019
If Toronto could swap nylander for dumba they should do it. They need to shake something up there and this would make their fans love Dubas again

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I think Russo's right to nip the Dumba/Gaudette talk in the bud, but you're spot on about his speculation overall :laugh:

I think what he's nipping & putting a stop to is a large contegient of Canucks fans here on Hf, & Twitter along with Canucks/ leafs media keeps saying wild are willing to trade dumba but offer would start out with like virtanen, or demko from Canucks for dumba & from leafs media Andreas johnsson; I am just speculating; but I think this is what Russo is putting a stop to.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think what he's nipping & putting a stop to is a large contegient of Canucks fans here on Hf, & Twitter along with Canucks/ leafs media keeps saying wild are willing to trade dumba but offer would start out with like virtanen, or demko from Canucks for dumba & from leafs media Andreas johnsson; I am just speculating; but I think this is what Russo is putting a stop to.
I doubt he cares one way or the other about fan speculation, but some of the stuff that's been floated by Canadian media is pretty bad.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
No way flames trade Monahan for a second pair d man. Better routes to take. If the flames GM was overly concerned about the right side, why did he trade Brodie , a right d, for a centerman (Kadri). Now he wants to go the other way? I don’t think so. Resign Brodie , promote Anderson, and the top 4 is solidified. Valimaki slowly takes Gio’s spot.

Dumba is a 2nd pair D in the same way Malkin is a 2C (not comparing him to Malkin). Spurgeon is better, and Suter-Spurgeon as a pair have been one of the best 2-3 tandems in the league over the past 5 years, by basically any statistical measure.

Dumba would play top pair on many teams in this league, and is easily one of the top 60 defenders in the league.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site

leafs don’t exactly have a centre to offer either.. unless nylander is being converted?

I can see habs (danualt/domi/poehling); flames (monahan/backlund/Bennett); lightning (gourde/Johnson)....monahan would be a reach as he’s a prime #1 centre.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Dumba is a 2nd pair D in the same way Malkin is a 2C (not comparing him to Malkin). Spurgeon is better, and Suter-Spurgeon as a pair have been one of the best 2-3 tandems in the league over the past 5 years, by basically any statistical measure.

Dumba would play top pair on many teams in this league, and is easily one of the top 60 defenders in the league.
So you believe dumba is a top pair d then ?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So you believe dumba is a top pair d then ?
He would play on the top pair on probably 15ish teams in the league. Yes. There are a number of right D better than him that would play above him on other teams (like Spurgeon on the Wild).

Bond

May 10, 2012
Love the joke, Try more like Matt Dumba+ for Sean Monahan.
Yeah, don't see the Flames trading Monahan for Dumba unless Gaudreau is going for a top line RW or center. If the Flames trade Monahan for Dumba then they are basically taking on the Wild's issue.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

leafs don’t exactly have a centre to offer either.. unless nylander is being converted?

I can see habs (danualt/domi/poehling); flames (monahan/backlund/Bennett); lightning (gourde/Johnson)....monahan would be a reach as he’s a prime #1 centre.

Dumba on the Habs fixes a glaring hole as soon as next season. None of the RD prospects have really wowed developmentally as pro's and with Petry UFA and both him and Weber ageing, a high end RD will be a big team need going forward. Short term, Dumba may not love his usage in Montreal, but he'd likely rocket up the depth chart as soon as next season and likely be tied at the hip to Romonov. Would be a good look for Montreal if they could get that deal done.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Dumba on the Habs fixes a glaring hole as soon as next season. None of the RD prospects have really wowed developmentally as pro's and with Petry UFA and both him and Weber ageing, a high end RD will be a big team need going forward. Short term, Dumba may not love his usage in Montreal, but he'd likely rocket up the depth chart as soon as next season and likely be tied at the hip to Romonov. Would be a good look for Montreal if they could get that deal done.
OR

OR

HEAR ME OUT

Dumba/Weber ? would be amazing if he could play LD, I mean he does play LD on the PP ?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Are they going to let Petry walk then? Seems odd after what he just did for them in the playoffs and given he's arguably a top ten D in the league especially analytically.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that Dumba is what the Habs need. I like Dumba a lot, but Winnipeg seems to be the perfect place for him aside from the fact Winni has trash centers beyond Schief. But given Guerin's moves so far I guess Roslovic would kind of match up with what they want in a wing that can play center. Maybe a package around Roslo and 10th overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad