Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
We went over and over why

- Domi didn't train much before the playoff due to his diabetes and thus why Julien was mad and decided to make him learn a lesson by playing bottom lines
well in my eyes if Domi is a top 6 center like you all claim he is then I don't see a coach essentially benching said top 6 C player while your team is fighting for your playoff lives. Julien must believe that Domi is better on the wing and not at center which hurts his value in any trade that might be coming.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
well in my eyes if Domi is a top 6 center like you all claim he is then I don't see a coach essentially benching said top 6 C player while your team is fighting for your playoff lives. Julien must believe that Domi is better on the wing and not at center which hurts his value in any trade that might be coming.

After his comments about Rask and Johansson, I can easily see Guerin doing Dumba for Domi and I would throw up if we acquire either of Montreal's centers for Dumba.

Reactions: KaprizovEntitlelist

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He would be a nice add for us here in Ottawa,but we really cant afford the likely price

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Sorry if this has been answered, but why is Minnesota looking to move him?
It's just acknowledging the obvious:

1.) We have 4 great defensemen and 3 of them now have NMCs
2.) We badly need a top-6 center or two
3.) While we can protect everyone we have right now in the Seattle expansion draft, adding a center that's worth a damn will require us to go 7-3 and leave a defenseman exposed

Ergo, two options: stand pat with a ****-show at center or acquire a center and trade Dumba.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Well hopefully that'll stop the rumors for players like Danault, Domi. I would imagine Dylan Strome is out. Brock Boeser might be in but I can promise you that's going to look like a steal for Vancouver when we sign Boeser long term at 7M and he puts up 45 points next to Johansson or Bjugstad because he's more a product of his situation than Vancouver fans care to admit.

I know he's not a center, but if he can somehow get Laine without giving up too much in addition to Dumba that would be his best move. I can't see why WPG would move Laine for Dumba though.

Boeser’s best year to date came without either Pettersson or Horvat so I’m not sure where this product idea is coming from. When he’s healthy and his head is in the game (his dad’s health weighed heavy on his mind this year) he’s absolutely a top line player.

no, it would just make the fans who dislike the Leafs love Dubas. It would be an incredibly stupid trade

Just so we’re clear, fans who dislike the leafs already do love Dubas. The first round exits are absolutely charming for us

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Boeser’s best year to date came without either Pettersson or Horvat so I’m not sure where this product idea is coming from. When he’s healthy and his head is in the game (his dad’s health weighed heavy on his mind this year) he’s absolutely a top line player.

Just so we’re clear, fans who dislike the leafs already do love Dubas. The first round exits are absolutely charming for us
Fine, love him more than you already do

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
I’m going to keep advocating copp+roslovic for dumba. Fair value and exactly what wild need

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Boeser's best year to date being his rookie year when he scored a disproportionately high (compared to his other years) number of points playing on the PP with the Sedins and Horvat while still playing ES with Horvat?

I'm not denying he's a capable top line player, but playing with Johansson, Bjugstad or Eriksson Ek, he's not going to be the 60-70 point player he's paced at in his three seasons with Vancouver. Add his injury concerns and likely contract demands in and I would not like to be the team that acquired him to lead a scoring line.

The value is certainly there for Dumba and Boeser would help improve our offense, but in my opinion this is not a move we should be considering at this time given the current makeup of the team.

JP Flow

May 1, 2019
Out East
I don't trust anything Russo speculates at this point. Russo saying there's no fit with Vancouver is meaningless to me.

That's like when Wild fans said, "yeah, there's no way he trades Staal, our only top 6 center. But especially there's no way he trades Staal for a bottom 6 LW."

Agreed. I get the sense that none of his go-to sources know what Guerin is going to do next, and his speculation is the same connecting of dots that has been done ad nauseam on Wild boards.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Domi is definitely better at Center, he just needs a forechecker like Shaw with him. Put Kunin with him and im sure your line will do well.
domi is all about speed and Ozone possession entry, he's amazing at this when there's a fore checker who can take the pcuk once he is in the zone. His Strength is his zone entry and speed.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Agreed. I get the sense that none of his go-to sources know what Guerin is going to do next, and his speculation is the same connecting of dots that has been done ad nauseam on Wild boards.

Exactly. Friedman and Pagnotta seem to have a better pulse on Wild trade talks than Russo at this point. Possibly because Russo can only get his information from Guerin, and the other two have sources all over the league.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Boeser for Dumba would be like the Kadri for Barrie trade but worse since Boeser is better than Kadri.

Reactions: krutovsdonut

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
cause your need is Center, not winger

Then Montreal adds to make up for the gap in Domi and Boeser. Minnesota isn't fronting value on Montreal's behalf.

Dumba is more than fair payment for Domi. Minnesota doesn't add further.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
It is neither of those things.
How is it not? Both are young, both are middle 6 players, both will provide more points than dumba. Are you guys expecting a top 3 player for dumba? Because that’s not going to happen unless wild are adding.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Then Montreal adds to make up for the gap in Domi and Boeser. Minnesota isn't fronting value on Montreal's behalf.

Dumba is more than fair payment for Domi. Minnesota doesn't add further.
Dumba for Domi (providing Minny is allowed to get a Domi extension in place before the trade) if fair. Minny gets a top two centre. But I don’t figure where Dumba fits on the Hab’s blueline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad