Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
OR

OR

HEAR ME OUT

Dumba/Weber ? would be amazing if he could play LD, I mean he does play LD on the PP ?

I wouldn't be shocked if the Habs were to try him out on the left side and play him there until either Petry or Weber were gone if it worked out. I feel like he'd compliment Petry a bit better than Weber?

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I would have loved for a big trade with Minny.

Dumba+Eric Staal for Bjugstad@50%, Hornqvist, McCann, 2nd round pick.

Minnesota gets a legit middle 6 center, a reclamation project center, and a top 6 right winger. Penguins basically one-stop shop and fix their roster issues in one fell swoop.

(Then Murray and JJ to some team for a career backup goaltender and you're set)

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
RNH is the better player and hence why EK is need to balance it.
I don't particularly buy that he's a better player, but even allowing that he is it's not enough to justify an Ek/AA swap. At this point we need to add a center or two to Ek, not just upgrade on him.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
RNH is the better player and hence why EK is need to balance it.
I’m not sure how this solves our top 6 center issue though. Yes, Minnesota gets a better center, but they are still sending a center away? They need to add centers without subtracting them. Especially after the Staal trade.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Are they going to let Petry walk then? Seems odd after what he just did for them in the playoffs and given he's arguably a top ten D in the league especially analytically.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that Dumba is what the Habs need. I like Dumba a lot, but Winnipeg seems to be the perfect place for him aside from the fact Winni has trash centers beyond Schief.

I think short term Winnipeg and Toronto have a much greater need. Problem is with Petry is guessing when age will catch up with him. As it stands there is no way the Habs let Petry walk. Trade for Dumba and shore up the RD for potentially the next 10 years? Maybe Petry is traded now. Maybe at the Deadline ala St Louis and Stastny.

Bottom line. Dumba fixes what looks like it will be a long term need for the Habs. Albeit, a need they can afford to wait on.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I wouldn't be shocked if the Habs were to try him out on the left side and play him there until either Petry or Weber were gone if it worked out. I feel like he'd compliment Petry a bit better than Weber?

Dumba is a good 2 way guy, stats wise he seems to start 50/50 in O and D, has nice speed and make a great first pass, don't hit that much but has a great physicality.
I could see him better with Weber due to his speed and offensive instinct, but could work well with Petry also if he makes a great first pass and Petry brings it in the Ozone

If he can fit well at LD then trade for him, I would be okay with this.

Dumba/Weber
Chiarot/Petry
Romanov/Edm

Reactions: angry pirate

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
top 4 RHD are extremely hard to come by so I don't buy the fact that Boeser > Dumba and Domi for sure is not better than Dumba so the add should not and would not be coming from the Wild.
offensive minded Top 6 C are harder to come by than top 4 RD

Bond

May 10, 2012
I think Domi for Dumba is pretty fair if the Wild management think they are getting a center in Domi

Reactions: angry pirate

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
Don’t think Tampa has the cap space for that kind of deal... pretty sure they will be trying to clear a little more vs taking it on.
I could see this being a pretty good starting base to work from. Maybe the Wild take on a cap dump and send back a 2nd or 3rd to Tampa but I think this would be a good return for both clubs.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
In the play-in tourney Domi played bottom 6 so how should we then evaluate Domi's value so is that still better than Dumba playing top 4 RHD minutes, PP, etc?
We went over and over why

- Domi didn't train much before the playoff due to his diabetes and thus why Julien was mad and decided to make him learn a lesson by playing bottom lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad