Ducks or Hawks: Who matches up better against the Palat-Johnson-Kucherov line?

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Most TB fans believe we'll be the underdog. I think we take exception to the idea that it's completely implausible that we might win.

Don't be one of those fan bases that get trolled to the max. TB has a solid shot to win the Final. Anybody saying TB will be lucky to win a game or 2 are just trying to rustle your jimmies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I really think it's more ignorance to be honest. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Having been demolished by you guys during the season gave most Habs fans a very healthy respect for Tampa early on. The offence was obvious, but it was the defence that impressed me. Big, tough, structured, and very fast. That's the part that will (hopefully) surprise western fans in the SCF. Everybody expects Tampa to score, but not to have their forwards shut down by them.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Having been demolished by you guys during the season gave most Habs fans a very healthy respect for Tampa early on. The offence was obvious, but it was the defence that impressed me. Big, tough, structured, and very fast. That's the part that will (hopefully) surprise western fans in the SCF. Everybody expects Tampa to score, but not to have their forwards shut down by them.

Stop giving away our secrets

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Hawks have certainly earned their status as favourites. They've got the playoff formula down pat and have elite players.

But even they can't match Tampa's top two forward lines. No team in the league can. Plus you'll find the Bolts' defence as imposing and much faster than Anaheim's.

Honestly, I see where you're coming from. The Chicago/Anaheim series is tougher and more bitterly fought than the Tampa/NY series. More intense games, more exciting moments and, frankly, better-played hockey overall.

But a better matchup doesn't make the participants better teams.

I don't buy in to the dominating Tampa Bay mentality. I'd expect a good series, from either team.

But I'm not sure how Tampa Bay's blue line is much faster. That seems a stretch, with a blue line that consists of Fowler, Lindholm, and Vatanen. Not to mention Despres, who is no slouch himself. Neither Stoner or Beauchemin are all that speedy, by any stretch of the imagination, but they still have four skaters with excellent mobility, and one skater in Fowler who deserves to be discussed as one of the top skaters in the league.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
TB shouldn't even show up. They should just be happy with their eastern conference championship and give the cup to the winner of tonights game. It will be a easy sweep for either team.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I don't buy in to the dominating Tampa Bay mentality. I'd expect a good series, from either team.

But I'm not sure how Tampa Bay's blue line is much faster. That seems a stretch, with a blue line that consists of Fowler, Lindholm, and Vatanen. Not to mention Despres, who is no slouch himself. Neither Stoner or Beauchemin are all that speedy, by any stretch of the imagination, but they still have four skaters with excellent mobility, and one skater in Fowler who deserves to be discussed as one of the top skaters in the league.

You're not sure because it's not true :laugh:
Anaheim's blue line is faster (doesn't mean that it's better... I actually think they're quite even).

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You're not sure because it's not true :laugh:
Anaheim's blue line is faster (doesn't mean that it's better... I actually think they're quite even).

Yeah, like I said, I don't buy into the whole West >> East talk. Tampa has a damn good team. These last four teams were the four best, I think, and I think any of them is capable of winning it all. Obviously one team is gone, and after tonight we'll be down another... but it's close. I just don't see how it isn't.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
I think Tampa actually has a fighting chance here. And I do think the west is superior. It all depends on which bishop shows up

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
As far as the thread topic goes...

Yes, I believe a Saad-Toews-Hossa or Desjardin-Kruger-Shaw line will shut down whatever Tampa has to offer.

These "respect us!" posts need to go away. I think the Hawks and Ducks are better than the Bolts and the winner of tonight will win the cup. It won't be as easy as last year with LA/NYR where everyone except Rangers fans knew the Kings would destroy them, but the two Western teams are better. It's ok to have that opinion, you don't need to throw tantrums when someone thinks your team isn't the best and you don't need validation from the Internet and Hockey Writers/Broadcasters.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
As far as the thread topic goes...

Yes, I believe a Saad-Toews-Hossa or Desjardin-Kruger-Shaw line will shut down whatever Tampa has to offer.

These "respect us!" posts need to go away. I think the Hawks and Ducks are better than the Bolts and the winner of tonight will win the cup. It won't be as easy as last year with LA/NYR where everyone except Rangers fans knew the Kings would destroy them, but the two Western teams are better. It's ok to have that opinion, you don't need to throw tantrums when someone thinks your team isn't the best and you don't need validation from the Internet and Hockey Writers/Broadcasters.

I am neutral and i disagree with your post but that doesnt mean it wont happen either. I dont think its very logical if you have watched the teams closely, but like you said we are all entitled to our own opinions. I mean Nashville managed to score a decent amount on Chicago but you dont think Tampa will?.... Think about that for a second.

I dont see any tantrums in this thread, i see Tampa as being disrespected by a bunch of fans of western teams and normal human reactions to illogical arrogance.

Hawkyfan99

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, like I said, I don't buy into the whole West >> East talk. Tampa has a damn good team. These last four teams were the four best, I think, and I think any of them is capable of winning it all. Obviously one team is gone, and after tonight we'll be down another... but it's close. I just don't see how it isn't.

I think that the west is typically stronger than the east, but I think that it's WAY overblown. And I'd agree that any of the final four should believe that they can win the cup.

I'm hopeful that Chicago pulls it out, obviously, but I also know that Tampa has played Chicago hard for years, and in games where they're slow to start, speed can give them fits. For examples, look at games against Edmonton.

As a fan of the Blackhawks, I'm obviously hoping for them to raise the cup again. As a fan of hockey, I'm glad that it'll be a great series regardless.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Jeez, I really hope the Lightning come out and win the cup. The amount of people in here who are closed minded to the idea that we could have a competitive final is astounding.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I can guarantee you'll be respecting Tampa by the end of the Finals. That is, if you watch them -- you clearly didn't watch them last year.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
I am surprised at how people are taking Tampa so lightly....this is a team that is no fluke...and they are only going to get better....and I am no Tampa fan....

They will give either the Hawks or Ducks great trouble....if not win it all.....

As you can clearly see almost all of them are fans of team in the "west". Tampa went 2-0 vs the Ducks this year scoring 9 goals and won both games. They also went 1-1 vs the Hawks scoring 6 goals compared to the Hawks 3.

My guess is the vegas odds will be much closer then the "experts" on this forum expect but then again how many of these HF "experts" will put money where their mouth is.

When your team is knocked out I guess you need to grasp on to something.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I can guarantee you'll be respecting Tampa by the end of the Finals. That is, if you watch them -- you clearly didn't watch them last year.

So it's black and white then? Either pick Tampa to win or you're being arrogant and disrespectful. Eloquent discussion so far boys.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
This line has been upstoppable all year and if they win the cup this year, its because this line carried them. But there is still a chance that either the Hawks or Ducks can shut them down and end their fate. Who do you think has the better chance?

I would think there would be a 5 man unit up against this line.

Players who we would most likely see matched up vs them.

Hawks: Keith, Seabrook, Hammer, Kruger, Toews, Hossa, Sharp. Id say, almost gaurenteed we would see Toews and Hossa on the ice everytime the T.J line is on. Maybe even move up Sharp to the top line and have Saad with Vermette and Teravainen.

Ducks: Lindholm, Beauchemin, Kesler, Perry, Getzlaf, Silvferberg, Cogliano

Toews vs T.J would be a real treat to watch.

Kesler vs T.J would be awesome to watch as well.

The Ducks will just beat them physically......

The Hawks -- They wont care and the elite Toews line will just shut them down, whilte the bottom 6 tears Tampa apart, and even then the Hawks top 6 will school a bunch of rookies...

The final 4 was great but the Hawks will win in 4-5 games and the Ducks could do it if they have the energy to do the same....

Either way the Hawks or Ducks will seriously destroy Tampa.... I'm not even attempting to troll this is just honesty.

I don't believe Tampa really understands what they're getting into.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
No one has been to completely shut down the TKO line all year, what makes you the Ducks or Hawks will be able to with inferior goalies compared to Price or Lundy and the Hawks moreso relying on their top 4 defense like crazy?

Ewan McGregor*

No one has been to completely shut down the TKO line all year, what makes you the Ducks or Hawks will be able to with inferior goalies compared to Price or Lundy and the Hawks moreso relying on their top 4 defense like crazy?

Hawks will tear Tampa's defense apart. Can't wait!

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL

Because the Ducks will beat them into snott bubbles and the Hawks will welcome the run and gun style, oh and the Hawks know how to defend against a fun fast scoring line because they defend against guys like Kane, Toews, Hossa, Saad, Sharp TT etc... Not to mention the Hawks have 2 lines that can run and gun, then another two that can score and retain control...

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL

It won't be "easy" but it certainly wont be as difficult as the WCF.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
One team can beat the snott bubbles out of Tampa will still having a scoring line and the other can just out score Tampa by running 2 elite scoring lines and 2 ginder lines that will in turn shut you down.... Tampa doesn't have the coaching strategy or the players in the roles they need to shut the other down.

Sure, Tampa has a chance but I don't even think it's possible - but highly unlikely.

The Ducks and Hawks just have dimensions that Tampa cant handle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Lol no you are a blind homer and dont have an ounce of realism.

I liked it more when I thought it was a troll.

Please show me what Tampa can put up against a Toews or Kesler line?

I'm not talking about scoring I'm talking about Toews or Kesler shutting down your top line which they will easily do.

Now that your big line is gone what does Tampa have?

The SCF will be fun.

When the Hawks played Boston and Philly they could match up against the Hawks, Tampa cant, and I don't think the Ducks would have a problem either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad