Ducks or Hawks: Who matches up better against the Palat-Johnson-Kucherov line?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Guess it will be a high scoring series then, I don't see Crawford b wing able to handle the lightning.

I'm getting the strangest sense of deja vu

But you're right it will be a high scoring series, which is why I think Crawford's ability to put bad goals behind him and the hawks ability to rattle a goalie will be pivotal.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Bishop pitched two shutouts on the road after bad games.

It's pretty obvious now that the West is weak and Chicago has had an easy road to the Final.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hah well we can stop talking about Anaheim now. Talk smack about the Rangers the other day then proceed to fall behind 4-0

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Like the Bolts against any team in an offensive battle. We have a lot of guys who can score with the best of them. Montreal and Rangers pride themselves on good defense and the best goalies and we were able to break them down.

JohnnyStCouver

Jun 14, 2014
Is there any stats that clearly defined the reason for your thought, or is it the simpleton thought that tampa doesn't get cold, there for they can not have a good hockey team.

My thought is simpleton? Let me simplify it for you. 2 Cups in Five years. Relatively same core. Did I mention the fact that your also likely to be biased?

Nothingman*

Bolts are paper tigers. Hawks in 5. Nothing there for the Hawks to fear that the have not conquered before.

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
So you're saying that three separate players aren't going to be capable of 0.33 points per game each or do you mean that that entire line won't average 3ppg or 1ppg/player?

I mean guys like Johnson and Kucherov will not continue their personal PPG paces in this series. Unless they somehow get matched up against Cumiskey-Timonen for about 10 minutes.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I mean guys like Johnson and Kucherov will not continue their personal PPG paces in this series. Unless they somehow get matched up against Cumiskey-Timonen for about 10 minutes.

OK. So you're not really saying anything too outrageous. I would be amused if the Hawks didn't focus on shutting them down. Hawks are going to be the toughest test for sure.

We'll see how it turns out.

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
Detroit, Montreal, and Rangers fans said exactly the same thing.....

I don't think any of those teams can boast a shutdown-line like the one I posted. Even better, if Sharp can start playing well defensively as he has in the past Coach Q could go with:

Sharp - Toews - Hossa

Keith - Hjalmarsson

Just excellent defensive players at every position.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I don't think any of those teams can boast a shutdown-line like the one I posted. Even better, if Sharp can start playing well defensively as he has in the past Coach Q could go with:

Sharp - Toews - Hossa

Keith - Hjalmarsson

3 guys who've been Selke finalists/won the Selke and then 2 Norris trophies :laugh:. God this team is hilariously stacked and I never get sick of it.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

Sharp - Toews - Hossa

Keith - Hjalmarsson

That's cool. So are they gonna shut down the Stamkos line or the Triplets?

I just want to know which TB line I can expect to score a crap ton of goals.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
Coach Q will probably go back to the same lines he had in game 4 vs. Anaheim to start the series. I'd imagine he'll probably want to match Toews against the Johnson line, but I'm not sure how much of a focus he'll make it while on the road in the first game. If the Johnson line sees some early success, you might see the fire-line changes he was making in game 7. Frankly, I think the onus is on Tampa to prove that they can shut down Chicago's top two. I think Q will like either match-up to start.

I don't think either of the top two Tampa lines offers enough defensively to worry about Kane's production, and that seems to be one of the primary factors which will make Q change things up. They can't check nearly as tightly as Anaheim did, and that is going to be an issue.

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
That's cool. So are they gonna shut down the Stamkos line or the Triplets?

I just want to know which TB line I can expect to score a crap ton of goals.

I'd wager they go against TKO. Kruger's line has actually done a really good job at shutting down the opposition the last couple years, so I don't expect the Stamkos line to explode. Probably gonna be Kruger line + Seabrook and Oduya against Stamkos. I honestly can't remember the last time a line that got centered by Jonathan Toews failed to do its job (at worst, Toews' might cancel his own offense out shutting down the opposition's line) in a playoff series or international tournament.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->