Ducks or Hawks: Who matches up better against the Palat-Johnson-Kucherov line?

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
TB fans seem to be far more arrogant and/or cocky than Chicago fans in this thread.

Sure, TB beat the 2 best goalies in the game in the playoffs. But they also went to 7 games against a fairly weak team in Detroit, MTL has **** defense and not much offense, and NY has crap offense.

Chicago will be a different animal than any team they have faced if CHI makes, as will ANA. It will be a great series, and i certainly can see TB winning. But give it up with the sarcasm and cockiness already.

It's not "cocky" if you're replying to the overwhelming belief that the Bolts will be absolutely trashed by the remaining Western teams. I'm sure that neither the Hawks nor the Ducks will underrate or disrespect the Lightning like the hockey world already has.

No Bolts fan has said anything remotely cocky. They've tried to rein in the rampant "herpa-derp West is Best" bull that happens every year.

If the Bolts do not win, so what. If they do, the West fans will just say it's because the West is so much harder and they beat each other up too much before the final. Bolts can't win in the eyes of the hockey world. They've already lost regardless of the series to come.

"Spit Champagne in the face of disrespect"

Last edited:

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
TB fans seem to be far more arrogant and/or cocky than Chicago fans in this thread.

Sure, TB beat the 2 best goalies in the game in the playoffs. But they also went to 7 games against a fairly weak team in Detroit, MTL has **** defense and not much offense, and NY has crap offense.

Chicago will be a different animal than any team they have faced if CHI makes, as will ANA. It will be a great series, and i certainly can see TB winning. But give it up with the sarcasm and cockiness already.

The only thing you seemed to get right is that Chicago/Anaheim will be a different test.

Pretty much all NHL statistical data shows you dont know what you are talking about. You are spinning in circles trying to avoid an obvious truth, TB is a really good team.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Lightning fans haven't said anything to the tune of "We will beat you in 4 or 5" the way Hawks/Ducks/West-biased fans have. It's not cocky to defend your team against that sort of thing. I'm a Lightning fan, so I obviously think we have a chance and yes I'm obviously biased about that. Fine with being the underdog, anyway. If we lose it'll be no big deal I guess.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think the Lightning are underdogs in this and they have to worry about whomever is coming out of the west more than the west has to worry about their lines.

The Ducks seem more phyiscally difficult to beat, I'd prefer Chicago in a finals match up.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Lightning fans haven't said anything to the tune of "We will beat you in 4 or 5" the way Hawks/Ducks/West-biased fans have. It's not cocky to defend your team against that sort of thing. I'm a Lightning fan, so I obviously think we have a chance and yes I'm obviously biased about that. Fine with being the underdog, anyway. If we lose it'll be no big deal I guess.

Pretty much this. I can't see where this "Lightning fans are cocky" thing is coming from. When you compare Lightning fans and Hawks/Ducks/West fans I don't know how someone can single us out as being cocky.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
If we earn to face the Bolts, you're not going to hear me (or most Ducks fans) disrespecting them. They have a tremendous team, and they are going to be another challenge. Different, but a heck of a challenge. I hope the team gets us into the situation to witness that.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
You know what? You're all right. The Lightning have absolutely no chance to win even a period in the Finals. Heck, I doubt they even score a goal. They're going to get steamrolled by the Hawks or the Ducks. They should just forfeit now and save some face.

Happy now? Is this better?

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Don't know why TB fans can't handle being told they are the underdog. It's not like it's an opinion, its a fact.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Doesn't matter.

However I think Anaheim will beat them in 5.

If Hawks were to play Tampa I think Q would be a lot more ready to give Cumiskey and Rundblad more time. Either way I think he'd have no choice. Can't play 4 d in the finals, even if the 4 are great.

You think he will be able to give them more time against the best offensive team in the league?...

Ok.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Don't know why TB fans can't handle being told they are the underdog. It's not like it's an opinion, its a fact.

I am a neutral fan but if I was a tampa fan I would be a little ticked off with how arrogant you all are.

Its ridiculous to think this will be a cake walk for any team to beat them. Have you not seen the teams they just beat all in a row? They are rolling and look how good that team is on paper and how obviously explosive they are.

If i had to bet on it id take the Ducks in 7 if they win but if the Hawks win I think Tampa takes it to them. That bottom pair and Oduya against that offense will get exposed much worse than the Ducks have. This tampa team is full of confidence is young, fresh and hungry. Whoever wins this Chicago Anaheim series has gone through a war it takes a toll.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

So explain to me why TB would be an underdog against Chicago who had a worse record, won't have home ice advantage, and is playing 4 DMen almost exclusively. While TB easily matches if not trumps the forward lines.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

Oh I know we're the underdogs in the Finals. It's just pretty annoying that the team is belittled and disrespected by so many. They can compete against any team and they've proved it throughout the whole season.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Pretty much this. I can't see where this "Lightning fans are cocky" thing is coming from. When you compare Lightning fans and Hawks/Ducks/West fans I don't know how someone can single us out as being cocky.

Lightning fans are cocky because they think they have a chance to win. That's essentially what it boils down to.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

How do you lead with that first sentence then proceed to type out the rest.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Huge difference between Tampa being called an underdog and hearing they have 'no chance', 'steamrolled', 'either west team in 4 or 5'.

The former is reasonable analysis; the latter is total dismissal. I can't blame Tampa fans one iota for striking back at that level of arrogance.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Huge difference between Tampa being called an underdog and hearing they have 'no chance', 'steamrolled', 'either west team in 4 or 5'.

The former is reasonable analysis; the latter is total dismissal. I can't blame Tampa fans one iota for striking back at that level of arrogance.

I really think it's more ignorance to be honest. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Ask the oddsmakers in Vegas.

Hawks have certainly earned their status as favourites. They've got the playoff formula down pat and have elite players.

But even they can't match Tampa's top two forward lines. No team in the league can. Plus you'll find the Bolts' defence as imposing and much faster than Anaheim's.

Honestly, I see where you're coming from. The Chicago/Anaheim series is tougher and more bitterly fought than the Tampa/NY series. More intense games, more exciting moments and, frankly, better-played hockey overall.

But a better matchup doesn't make the participants better teams.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Most TB fans believe we'll be the underdog. I think we take exception to the idea that it's completely implausible that we might win.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Here we go again with the "Vegas wants 50/50 money on each side speech," "Chicago is a fan favorite," "public perception is that Chicago is better" yada yada yada.

So two posts now and you have yet to give me so much as "because their water boy is better" as to a reason why Chicago is the clear favorite over TB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad