Ducks or Hawks: Who matches up better against the Palat-Johnson-Kucherov line?

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Please show me what Tampa can put up against a Toews or Kesler line?

I'm not talking about scoring I'm talking about Toews or Kesler shutting down your top line which they will easily do.

Now that your big line is gone what does Tampa have?

The SCF will be fun.

When the Hawks played Boston and Philly they could match up against the Hawks, Tampa cant, and I don't think the Ducks would have a problem either.

Stamkos (a top scorer in the league) and Killorn make for a very fine 2nd line.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Chicago vs Tampa would be a such a fun series. I think it would eaily go 6 or 7 games, with either team being capable of winning. I think the style of game that Anaheim plays would ruin the Bolts.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Stamkos (a top scorer in the league) and Killorn make for a very fine 2nd line.

Yeah but they have never had their ***** compltetely handed to them by a team that knows (and knows how to win cups) by elite lines of 2-way players.

Sorry I'm not being biased here - this is seriously the reality.... What got Tampa here in the first place will crush them....

This may seem like smak talk but it's not.....

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You think those guys could light Toews or Kesler up?

Yeah because the Toews or Kesler lines will do nothing and Palat and Johnson or Stamkos will just make these guys look stupid right?

I suppose we have the new Kurri/Gretzky line here???

Unless my post was written in secret code, I saw no mention of Gretzky or Kurri, nor any mention of Toews and Kesler 'doing nothing'.

I simply answered your question. The reality -- whether you choose to accept it or not -- is that Tampa's offence has very effective responses to Chicago or Anaheim's top lines.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Yeah but they have never had their ***** compltetely handed to them by a team that knows (and knows how to win cups) by elite lines of 2-way players.

Sorry I'm not being biased here - this is seriously the reality.... What got Tampa here in the first place will crush them....

This may seem like smak talk but it's not.....

Ok, you've made your point then. You have also made it clear that there can be no discussion. What exactly are you attempting to accomplish with further posts.

For those who wish to /ignore Hawksfan2828's further posts, a summary:

1) Hawks are better at every position.
2) Hawks have more experience at every position.
3) Ducks are better at every position and bigger/stronger.
4) Ducks have more experience at every position.
5) The Eastern Conference is a minor league conference in comparison to the Western.
6) Hawksfan2828 is not running a promo/talking smack. If he weren't posting his pearls of wisdom on this forum, he'd be running a Stanley Cup caliber team of his own in the NHL. This is made clear to all because of his speaking of pure fact and the Lord's Gospel as it relates to hockey analysis.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Ok, you've made your point then. You have also made it clear that there can be no discussion. What exactly are you attempting to accomplish with further posts.

For those who wish to /ignore Hawksfan2828's further posts, a summary:

1) Hawks are better at every position.
2) Hawks have more experience at every position.
3) Ducks are better at every position and bigger/stronger.
4) Ducks have more experience at every position.
5) The Eastern Conference is a minor league conference in comparison to the Western.
6) Hawksfan2828 is not running a promo/talking smack. If he weren't posting his pearls of wisdom on this forum, he'd be running a Stanley Cup caliber team of his own in the NHL. This is made clear to all because of his speaking of pure fact and the Lord's Gospel as it relates to hockey analysis.

I'm going to repost this in 2 weeks.

I suppose I can be subtle... The Lightnings game does not matchup well against the Ducks or Hawks.

I suppose I could have said that but people would ask why?

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I'm going to repost this in 2 weeks.

I suppose I can be subtle... The Lightnings game does not matchup well against the Ducks or Hawks.

I suppose I could have said that but people would ask why?

What will you say if it goes 6 or 7 games and the Bolts lose?
What will you say if it goes 7 games and the Bolts win?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think Hawksfan is trying to convince himself more than anyone else. I sense a lot of doubt behind his posts full of false bravado.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I wonder who Scotty Bowman will support if it is Bolts-Hawks. He is a regular at Bolts games and watches with SFY, but his son of GM of the Hawks.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
If you cover the Triplets Line with your shutdown forecheckers that leaves the Stamkos line to pick up the slack for Tampa. Tough cover for any team.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Let me correct you by saying you beat two teams carried by goalies in the regular season. That doesn't happen very often in the playoffs. Flaws in lineups get exposed in playoffs, Tampa did an excellent job of that. I could say the Hawks turned on "the switch" come playoff time and swept the hottest TEAM in the NHL in the second half of season, but I won't cause it doesn't matter. Nobody should feel overly confident heading into the finals this year. Last year was a different story.

Let me correct you by reiterating the fact that the Rangers were the 3rd highest scoring team in the league, oh wait, I forgot Lundqvist scores goals too.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Let me ask fans this -- What can Tampa roll against Toews or Kesler?

Pretty sure it didn't matter when Tampa went 3-0-1 against both these teams in the regular season outscoring them 15-6. Oh Regular season record doesn't indicate anything? Ask Detroit, MTL and NY.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If you cover the Triplets Line with your shutdown forecheckers that leaves the Stamkos line to pick up the slack for Tampa. Tough cover for any team.

I think the Toews + Kruger lines, as well as the Kesler + Getz lines are going to be just fine at covering the Bolts top 6.

Is it ok that I say that? I'd hate to offend anyone with my arrogance.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
TB is getting way overlooked IMO...I had them coming out of the east and they are the deepest time in every position from the east and they are full of youthful carefree attitude...which can help and/or hinder depends on how the SCF's go...

The best line in the league all season long, Stammer on the second line, the D gets overlooked IMO and Bishop can steal games...They also have one of the best (top 6 teams anyway) bottom 6 in the NHL IMO.....

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
I think Hawksfan is trying to convince himself more than anyone else. I sense a lot of doubt behind his posts full of false bravado.

Eh he says it every series. Try to ignore it, obviously Tampa is very good and I think Ducks, Hawks, or Lightning fans would be crazy to think any series involved would be under 6 games.

All the teams left are a tough cover for any team. Want to check Toews, well now you have to deal with Kane with secondary defenders. Want to check Getlzaf, now you have to deal with Kesler and Silf with secondary defenders. There's a reason all these teams have made it so far.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
At first i would say whatever comes out of the West would dispatch the Lightning easily, but both the Ducks and Blackhawks look like the tank is getting dangerously close to empty. Especially Chicago.

It all depends on how Bishop plays. Chicago has the guys to turn one nightmare game for Bishop into an entire series. As does Anaheim.

I'll say West winner in 6. Tampa's just too young yet.

To answer the question; Chicago

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Eh he says it every series. Try to ignore it, obviously Tampa is very good and I think Ducks, Hawks, or Lightning fans would be crazy to think any series involved would be under 6 games.

**** happens so it could be fewer games (and maybe like last year, painfully close all the same with OTs), but to predict it so vociferously and repeatedly is irksome.

All the teams left are a tough cover for any team. Want to check Toews, well now you have to deal with Kane with secondary defenders. Want to check Getlzaf, now you have to deal with Kesler and Silf with secondary defenders. There's a reason all these teams have made it so far.

This is a perfect summary.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I am curious why some people think Tampas success vs the Ducks/Hawks during the regular season won't translate in the playoffs? Have both those teams really improved that much with roster changes? Because Tampa has only gotten better since then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I am curious why some people think Tampas success vs the Ducks/Hawks during the regular season won't translate in the playoffs? Have both those teams really improved that much with roster changes? Because Tampa has only gotten better since then.

I won't speak for Chicago, but yes. The Ducks are a better team. On top of that, they struggled in the month of February, following the All Star break. They lost almost half of their games in February. It was their worst month of the season. And without putting too fine a point on it, not all credit goes to their opposition. They were playing their worst hockey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad