Ducks or Hawks: Who matches up better against the Palat-Johnson-Kucherov line?

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
This line has been upstoppable all year and if they win the cup this year, its because this line carried them. But there is still a chance that either the Hawks or Ducks can shut them down and end their fate. Who do you think has the better chance?

I would think there would be a 5 man unit up against this line.

Players who we would most likely see matched up vs them.

Hawks: Keith, Seabrook, Hammer, Kruger, Toews, Hossa, Sharp. Id say, almost gaurenteed we would see Toews and Hossa on the ice everytime the T.J line is on. Maybe even move up Sharp to the top line and have Saad with Vermette and Teravainen.

Ducks: Lindholm, Beauchemin, Kesler, Perry, Getzlaf, Silvferberg, Cogliano

Toews vs T.J would be a real treat to watch.

Kesler vs T.J would be awesome to watch as well.

Last edited:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If it's the Ducks I'm pretty sure it would be Fowler-Despres Beleskey-Kesler-Silf going head to head with the Triplets. Thompson Lindholm-Beauch vs Stamkos.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Ducks have had to guard playmaker lines like Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler and Kane-Toews-Saad (only game 6, but it looks like that's gonna be the line in game 7), so I think they'd be a little bit sharper just in terms of coverages. Two whole series of guarding lines like that can really prepare you for a line like Palat-Johnson-Kucherov.

I'd never doubt Kieth/Seabrook/Oduya/Hjalmarsson, but I just think that they'd need a game or two to really make adjustments.

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
Doesn't matter.

However I think Anaheim will beat them in 5.

If Hawks were to play Tampa I think Q would be a lot more ready to give Cumiskey and Rundblad more time. Either way I think he'd have no choice. Can't play 4 d in the finals, even if the 4 are great.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Whoever wins tomorrow wins the cup.

The west doesn't have to 'match up against' anybody except the west.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
This is exactly the kind of arrogance the Ranger fans had going into their series with Tampa.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Do people really think it's going to be a short series??? These are professionals who adjust their game based on the opponent in the playoffs.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Do people really think it's going to be a short series??? These are professionals who adjust their game based on the opponent in the playoffs.

theres been only 4 series all playoffs in 5 games or less. ducks/jets, hawks/wild, ducks/flames and pens/rangers. every other series has gone 6 at least

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Tampa is very fast and offensively creative. They match up well against the Hawks but I think the Ducks will make short work of them.

dubey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Both teams squash Tampa

For the record I have a Tampa/Anaheim final in my playoff bracket so no disrespect to the Lightning

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
i think the Ducks would beat Tampa for the same reasons i thought the Caps would beat Tampa if they took out the Rangers

Tampa-hawks series would be tight, but i think Tampa beats them

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
theres been only 4 series all playoffs in 5 games or less. ducks/jets, hawks/wild, ducks/flames and pens/rangers. every other series has gone 6 at least

That's because East teams only played each other. Every East team would have been swept by every West team, had they played each other.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I am surprised at how people are taking Tampa so lightly....this is a team that is no fluke...and they are only going to get better....and I am no Tampa fan....

They will give either the Hawks or Ducks great trouble....if not win it all.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad