Ducks or Hawks: Who matches up better against the Palat-Johnson-Kucherov line?

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
TB is fast and skilled, not sure why everyone is writing them off. This line has dominated, I see little reason why that won't continue.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Vegas has TB as an underdog to both Western Conference teams.

Put a couple hundred thousand on TB at plus money if you guys are so confident.

The Jesus*

Vegas has TB as an underdog to both Western Conference teams.

Put a couple hundred thousand on TB at plus money if you guys are so confident.

Yeah, because people have a hundred thousand dollars of expendable income laying around.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
TB is fast and skilled, not sure why everyone is writing them off. This line has dominated, I see little reason why that won't continue.

Hawks could put out the Toews line which consists of two of the best defensive forwards in the game and Brandon saad who is also very good defensively and fast. They could also match up hjalmarsson, who is one of the best defensive defensemen in the league or Duncan Keith. When it comes to shutting down one line, Chicago probably has better personnel available than any other team in the league. This doesn't mean they will be stopped I'm just saying Chicago has a better chance of shutting them down than anybody else IMO. Gotta get there first tho.

bolts71*

To say lightning has no chance is absurd, When is the last time either team has beat the lightning in regulation. :popcorn:

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
To say lightning has no chance is absurd, When is the last time either team has beat the lightning in regulation. :popcorn:

I think theh have a chance, I think they're underdogs by quite a bit, but with the firepower they have on offense, they can win. Regular season doesn't mean **** come playoff time. That's been proven over and over and over again.

bolts71*

I think theh have a chance, I think they're underdogs by quite a bit, but with the firepower they have on offense, they can win. Regular season doesn't mean **** come playoff time. That's been proven over and over and over again.

Im pretty sure Redwings,Habs, and Rangers thought the same thing.The Lightning has faced the 2 best goalies in the league and made them look pedestrian,Just like they did in the regular season.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
TB has advanced playing weaker competition than the west teams. Anahiem will destory TB Chicago not as much. Anahiem to me has it all skill size toughness scoring defense and when they really turn it on nobody will beat them as much as I dislike them They are impressive.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Why did Tanpa fans heads get 20x the size overnight? Sheesh, I was pulling for the bolts too. I think you hit the kid line with physicality and use Kesler to annoy the **** out of Stammer. I can see the Hawks vs Bolts be a series but the Ducks are going to be to rough for Tampa while matching their speed.

bolts71*

Why did Tanpa fans heads get 20x the size overnight? Sheesh, I was pulling for the bolts too. I think you hit the kid line with physicality and use Kesler to annoy the **** out of Stammer. I can see the Hawks vs Bolts be a series but the Ducks are going to be to rough for Tampa while matching their speed.

Pretty sure the only fans that are being arrogant are the west fan's.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
TB has advanced playing weaker competition than the west teams. Anahiem will destory TB Chicago not as much. Anahiem to me has it all skill size toughness scoring defense and when they really turn it on nobody will beat them as much as I dislike them They are impressive.

I'm sorry what? TB has played the top 2 teams in the league, and a team that has more playoff experience than anyone else with arguably the best coach in the playoffs. Included in their run is beating the top two goalies in the league. They played the team that allowed the fewest goals against in the league and the team that scored more goals than anyone in the league except themselves and one other team.

Anaheim played arguably the two worst teams in the playoffs before Chicago, and Chicago played a weber less predator team and a Minnesota team that had a journeyman goalie who had his bubble burst at the completely wrong time.

TB skated circles around Anaheim in their two meetings this year. They got a lot better from trading half their team at the deadline, but still not close to TBs speed.

No matter who it is, it's gonna be at least a 6 game series. And no way in hell do either of the west teams have any massive advantages over TB in any area of the game.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

Did our heads get 20x bigger because we're not saying that we're going to get swept in the Finals? Whichever team gets out of the West is probably going to be the favourite but to say we have no chance or that we're going to get handled easily is underrating this team. We can keep scoring because Andersen or Crawford aren't as good as Price or Lundqvist. The challenge is to keep the puck out of our net. We'll see what happens.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
Im pretty sure Redwings,Habs, and Rangers thought the same thing.The Lightning has faced the 2 best goalies in the league and made them look pedestrian,Just like they did in the regular season.

Let me correct you by saying you beat two teams carried by goalies in the regular season. That doesn't happen very often in the playoffs. Flaws in lineups get exposed in playoffs, Tampa did an excellent job of that. I could say the Hawks turned on "the switch" come playoff time and swept the hottest TEAM in the NHL in the second half of season, but I won't cause it doesn't matter. Nobody should feel overly confident heading into the finals this year. Last year was a different story.

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
I love that Tampa fans keep mentioning beating good goalies as a factor. How many cups between Lundqvist, Price and Bishop?

Neither of these teams rely on their goalie.

Crawford is also underrated and has stolen many games, won a cup, etc... Not sure it's going to be a goalie duel whoever plays Tampa.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I love that Tampa fans keep mentioning beating good goalies as a factor. How many cups between Lundqvist, Price and Bishop?

Neither of these teams rely on their goalie.

Crawford is also underrated and has stolen many games, won a cup, etc... Not sure it's going to be a goalie duel whoever plays Tampa.

You're completely missing the point. Which was TB has scored very well against the two best goalies, so there's no reason to think either of the West goalies will suddenly shut them down considering they are inferior.

Neither Anaheim nor Chicago has faced an offense like TB. And they aren't exactly playing like defensive juggernauts as it is.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
TB fans seem to be far more arrogant and/or cocky than Chicago fans in this thread.

Sure, TB beat the 2 best goalies in the game in the playoffs. But they also went to 7 games against a fairly weak team in Detroit, MTL has **** defense and not much offense, and NY has crap offense.

Chicago will be a different animal than any team they have faced if CHI makes, as will ANA. It will be a great series, and i certainly can see TB winning. But give it up with the sarcasm and cockiness already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad