GDT: Ducks @ Jets | Sun Oct 6 | 7PM | MTS CENTRE | " THE NEW BOSS" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Top 4 D don't change for now "IF" Toby can go. Stu and Clitty play bottom pair.

If Toby can't go then its Buff Clitty, Bogo Trouba, and Stu Postma

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I wonder if we sometimes make a bigger deal of the handedness of the D men than there is. Some guys can do opposite sides and some can't I guess, and it seems like Bogo needs some more time to be comfortable on the left, but didn't Detroit play with like 5 lefties last year?

I think we do make too big of a deal of it. I am a guy who really doesn't like playing his off side, but I can, and I think if I had to all season I would get fairly comfortable with it. Thing is I never really have to play my off side because most guys don't really care either way. Of course that would be a little different in the NHL where you need every advantage that you can get but I still bet there are lots of guys who can play either side with no real issues.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
IIRC, Stuart is quite used to playing his off side. I imagine we'll see Clitsome with Stuart as the bottom pairing if Enstrom's in. If not, then Clitty-Buff pairing, and the rest stays the same.

I don't know if Stuart can, and don't recall him ever doing it, but I'm pretty sure Clitty plays both sides.

goldengladiator

Oct 21, 2012
Key's To The Game brought to you by QX104

Ducks:
- Tracking Trouba (put a body on him at all times)
- Stop Power Play

Jets:
- Fast Start
- Command in the Circle (win faceoffs)

both teams:
- control emotions

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
So I didn't have this game in my 1/2 season package(didn't get it the first season either), this is the game I really wanted this year.

I did manage to score two tickets to the game tonight, super pumped. Taking the significant other. Our second date in 2002 was to the Jets with Teemu, made this a pretty easy decision. Come to think of it would have been early in the season too, we started dating in October. So one of Teemu's first games bookended with his last game in the Peg.

So looking forward to this game!

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
Heh faceoffs...

Jets are undefeated and have positive puck possession but have the second worst FO% :P

Saw a tweet that Scheif, Slater and Noel had a faceoff session today at the pregame skate.:nod:

It's been the same story every year on faceoffs for this team...:shakehead

I liked this quote, there is joy in joyvile

Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports 35m

When I asked HC Claude Noel what he thought when he sees #NHLJets at top of Central standings early in season: "It brings joy to my life."

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Saw a tweet that Scheif, Stuart and Noel had a faceoff session today at the pregame skate.:nod:

It's been the same story every year on faceoffs for this team...:shakehead

Stuart? Do you mean Slater? Does Stuey have some secret powers we don't know about? ;) ;)

Edit: Hahaha! That's classic Noelism. :D

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I hope Clitsome plays like he did in the second half of last year opposed to the first half! Need Clitmore not Clitnone

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I've got to work this evening, so will miss the game, but here's my testament to Teemu's start in Wpg, the passage of time, and the dawn of a new order in the hockey world.
In Oct 1992, Teemu played his first game as a Jet. That same month, there was a huge 30th Anniversary concert at Madison Square Gardens celebrating Bob Dylan. Here are excerpts from one of his classic songs, Times They are a Changin'
Seems to fit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they, they are a-changin'...

The line it is drawn
And the curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast

As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'

And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'

Songwriter
Bob Dylan

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
It's too bad we haven't seen Halischuk or Peluso yet.
You gotta figure one of those two would be more useful than Thorburn.
Peluso would offer the same type of game, while being better at it IMO.
While Halischuk could change the dynamic of the line.
I'd like to see one of them play sooner than later.

Dada

May 12, 2012
Is mister Scheifele staying with the big club this year? If so what are your predictions for him STATS wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad