GDT: Ducks @ Jets | Sun Oct 6 | 7PM | MTS CENTRE | " THE NEW BOSS" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Agreed, I thought Halischuk had a better pre season than both Tangradi and Wright.

It's too bad we haven't seen Halischuk or Peluso yet.
You gotta figure one of those two would be more useful than Thorburn.
Peluso would offer the same type of game, while being better at it IMO.
While Halischuk could change the dynamic of the line.
I'd like to see one of them play sooner than later.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I'm hoping that we don't have another of those games where the crowd cheers every time Teemu touches the puck. That is so 2011...

I love Teemu and was a huge fan back in the day, but he plays for the Mighty Ducks, not the Jets.

Yup. I loved the guy when he played for Jets 1.0, I was super pissed when he was traded, and he's still one of my favourite players. HOWEVER, this is the new Jets, and Selanne plays for the opposition. Cheer for him during introductions and such, but during the game give it a rest. Let's move on, people. Oh, and by the way, he doesn't love Winnipeg and the Jets - he loves Anaheim and the Ducks. He will retire as a Duck, and rightly so.

On another note, I'm so proud of us Jets fans - almost 50K vCash bet on the Jets to win. More than the total amount bet on ALL other games played today.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup. I loved the guy when he played for Jets 1.0, I was super pissed when he was traded, and he's still one of my favourite players. HOWEVER, this is the new Jets, and Selanne plays for the opposition. Cheer for him during introductions and such, but during the game give it a rest. Let's move on, people. Oh, and by the way, he doesn't love Winnipeg and the Jets - he loves Anaheim and the Ducks. He will retire as a Duck, and rightly so.

On another note, I'm so proud of us Jets fans - almost 50K vCash bet on the Jets to win. More than the total amount bet on ALL other games played today.

Huh?
What makes you say he doesn't love the city. He says he loves the city.
I doubt he loves this iteration of the Jets, but he has talked about how special Jets 1.0 was to him.
Also he can love Winnipeg AND Anaheim...

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Huh?
I doubt he loves this iteration of the Jets, but he has talked about how special Jets 1.0 was to him.

Easy there, Mr. Logic... who do you think you are coming to the Internet thinking you can just say things like that? :sarcasm:

I have no problems with people wanting to cheer Teemu. Some of them might have been big fans during Jets 1.0 and this is just a way to remember those times. I don't really get on board with Teemu getting traded here or signing here, it's pretty obvious that Anaheim is now his hockey home.

I think it's different compared to other players because Teemu is one of those really likeable guys. Plays a good game, very personable guy, hard to hate.

Duir

7-4 Jets. Zhamnov 2G 2A. Dallas Drake with two helpers and is second star. Kris King vs Ken Baumgartner lasts 1:27 and is declared a draw but ignites the fans. Paul Kariya does incredible move from an Oleg Tverdovsky stretch pass and beats Tim Cheveldae (the original Chevy) for an early Play of the Year candidate. Igor Korolev (RIP) makes season debut after ankle injury gets 1G.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I have no doubt that Winnipeg is a very special place for him. I mean how could it not be ...it was the scene of his record blasting rookie season. That record probably won't ever be broken. Given that and the unfortunate circumstances of his trade that left hi with a real unresolved feeling about his time here and it's easy to see why he'd enjoy the chance to come back and soak up the love. The fact the he's a duck and settled in his current situation doesn't diminish that. We're not 12 year olds in the schoolyard - he doesn't have to pick one or the other for his best friend...

jetbomber96

Dec 9, 2011
Just remember folks when Teemu goes into the Hall of Fame, it will not just be because of what he did in Anaheim. He will be a Jet and Duck on that special day. Let's cheer him on and show him who the best fans are in the World.

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
We're not 12 year olds in the schoolyard - he doesn't have to pick one or the other for his best friend...

Oh you love Winnipeg? Are you gonna marry it? :sarcasm:

I'm just excited to see Teemu and pumped for another Jets game. I dunno if it's just me but this season has been incredibly exciting so far :D

GO JETS GO

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Huh?

Let me rephrase my statement - he doesn't love Winnipeg quite the way he loves Anaheim. He's said many times that Winnipeg holds a special place in his heart, but he has also stated many, many, times that he and his family love Anaheim, and it's their permanent home now.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, and he's one of my all time favourite players, along with Marty Brodeur and Pavel Datsyuk, but I won't cheer for any of them when they're playing against my Jets.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Wish I didn't have a game tonight... will have to go with the PVR.
It's going to be hard to avoid spoilers in the lockeroom afterwards.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Just to be clear, the jets have a chance to start off 3-0 tonight? And in that game my man Tony P will be playing?
Oh and what's that? Teemu is in town tonight?

This'll be a goodie.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Oh yes he's staying.

30 points is conservative.

I'd guess 15 goals, 25 assists

30 pts is very conservative - it's really only possible if he leaches off of Kane for half the year and spends the rest on the 3rd.

Based on what we've seen so far from Jokinen and Scheifele I think that spot with Kane is his outside of a few brief "sending a message" demotions. I like your guess, but I'm going higher: 17 goals, 33 assists. I have a lot of faith in Kane showing more ability to use his linemates now that he actually has some.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
I'm getting excited! So I made part 2 of this silly CD cover.

Evander-Kane-Las-Vegas-Cash-Phone_zps18b6d036.jpeg

GO JETS GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->