GDT: Ducks @ Jets | Sun Oct 6 | 7PM | MTS CENTRE | " THE NEW BOSS" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
No one will ever tell me to 'stop talking about Teemu'. He was a GIGANTIC part of my life growing up and brought so much pride to being a Winnipeg Jets fan. The Jets were extremely important to me through my teens and Selanne was more than just a player.

In case you guys missed it in the Pre Game Talk thread, there is a Finnish documentary just out called Sel8nne. I am definitely going to try and track it down.

As for the game at hand... I really wish Wheeler would have scored that goal where then net came off. It seems like he needs to score a goal to get himself going, and the sooner the better. We aren't going to continue scoring 5 goals a game without better overall play from LLW.

My bet is in! Go Jets Go!!!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets pre-game

Jets-practice-Oct-6-2013-300x200.jpg

Jets: Pavelec, Stuart, Clitsome and Wheeler.

To listen click here.

Coach-Noel-pre-game-300x167.jpg

Coach Noel spoke to Ken Wiebe and I as everyone else abandoned ship to speak to coach Boudreau.

Coach Noel - Status of Clitsome. Enstrom game time decision. What is happening with Pardy? Looking at the D-pairings. Thoughts on Ducks. Thoughts on Teemu. Unique relationship he has with city (and crowd). How does he feel being at top of the Western Conference? "brings joy to my life".

To listen click here.

Teemu-speaks-300x200.jpg

Teemu - Will he soak it up longer this time? Can anything top the reception he received in 2011? Can he play another 5 or 6 years? His thoughts on Don Baizley. Connection to fans (i.e. signing autographs). How does he feel sitting out back-to-backs? How does he feel at 43? Has the scare of an early end to his career ensured he enjoys every day? Fuelled by the fans back in 2011? How did he know this was going to be his last year? Golf promo. Finishing his career where it started. Did Olympics impact his decision to return? One memory that sticks out (breaking Mike Bossy record not surprisingly). Relief to finally announce it was his final year. Who negotiated his last contract? Message to the Winnipeg fans. Will this game be easier, emotionally? What would be perfect night tonight? Where did golf idea come from? Now that he knows its his final tour, does it feel different? His thoughts on the Jets. Will he return to the city after he retires? Will he stay involved in the game after he retires?

Audio and pictures on site.

To listen click here.

Last edited:

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
1308v on the Jets.

It's early but this is the kind of game last year... Everything seems to point to a win, confidence is high, and then we poop the bed. Let's see if we really are becoming a different team.

7-2 Jets

2G Wheeler, 2G Scheif, 1G Kane, Clitty, Little

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
Jets win 4-2, Wheeler with a natural hattrick followed by lazy play by the jets leading to two quick goals (Selanne with 1g 1a), then the James Wright line steps up and shuts the Geese down for the rest of the game. Wright also scores off of a ricochet off a defender's tail feathers.

Bag us some Quacks, Jorts, all our vcash depends on it. :yo:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Pardy sent down, Clitsome activated off IR!

This is great news. Now, if everyone can temper their expectations for Clitty tonight that would be great.

He will most likely be playing with Stuart (poor him) and he is bound to be a bit rusty and nervous.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
If the Jets win this one, they really are a different team than they were before. Playing like being in first place is expected, not an aberration or some kind of temporary miracle, is not something that has come naturally to them up to now.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
They didn't do it all training camp is why. Think it's more likely Bogo Trouba are separated.

Doubt they would have Bogo or Trouba playing on the 3rd pairing at this point. The only thing that wasn't working was the 3rd pairing, fix that, the rest ain't broke.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
They didn't do it all training camp is why. Think it's more likely Bogo Trouba are separated.

Lots of things happen in training camp. Clitsome is going to be rusty. Noel has shown that he doesn't like to break things up that work. Who do you pair with who, then?

Do you demote Bogosian or Trouba into the bottom pair to play with Stuart? God I hope you don't want to put Trouba with Stuart, that is a great way to ruin his confidence and get him a ticket to St. John's.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

Who do you demote?
Bogosian is obviously not a third pairing defender, and Jacob has been out playing Bogo.
I'd rather have my top 4 dmen playing top 4 minutes. It's worked pretty well thus far.

If Trouba plays with Stuart ie far less minutes to make way for a rusty clitty (lol) I'll be unhappy. You don't weaken your line up just to get a lefty righty pairing.

EDIT: I like the way that "Jet" guy thinks :laugh:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If you keep Bogo Trouba together then Stuart should sit. You want a rusty Clitty to play his offside? Or a slow lumbering Stuey?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If you keep Bogo Trouba together then Stuart should sit. You want a rusty Clitty to play his offside? Or a slow lumbering Stuey?

You will get no argument from me wrt sitting Stuart. He can stay there all season for all I care. However, this is reality. Noel will not sit Stuart. So, in that case we are back to the original scenario of Stuart playing with Clitsome.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I wonder if we sometimes make a bigger deal of the handedness of the D men than there is. Some guys can do opposite sides and some can't I guess, and it seems like Bogo needs some more time to be comfortable on the left, but didn't Detroit play with like 5 lefties last year?

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

IIRC, Stuart is quite used to playing his off side. I imagine we'll see Clitsome with Stuart as the bottom pairing if Enstrom's in. If not, then Clitty-Buff pairing, and the rest stays the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad