GDT: Ducks @ Jets | Sun Oct 6 | 7PM | MTS CENTRE | " THE NEW BOSS" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
LLW comes alive this game. A point each minimum, Wheels gets 2 goals, Ladd unselfishly gives the empty netter away yet again. If something similar doesnt happen, we should all be worried. They collectively have to look even partially alive...

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
LLW comes alive this game. A point each minimum, Wheels gets 2 goals, Ladd unselfishly gives the empty netter away yet again. If something similar doesnt happen, we should all be worried. They collectively have to look even partially alive...

6a010535ce1cf6970c0147e3c07d5e970b-320wi

Now after the first loss of the year, watch the meltdown on here if LLW isn't clicking.:D

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm hoping that we don't have another of those games where the crowd cheers every time Teemu touches the puck. That is so 2011...

I love Teemu and was a huge fan back in the day, but he plays for the Mighty Ducks, not the Jets.

Yeah this.

Love teemu so let's give him a huge ovation at the beginning of the game and then after that he's the enemy.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Teemu wearing a Palomino Club shirt :laugh:

Never realized how much talent Anaheim lost since the Cup days. I'm pretty surprised they traded Ryan considering the state of their forward group.

This is a game we should win...which is previous years usually meant that we wouldn't.

Must not watch a lot of West games I assume.

Our forwards are the least of our worries, (except Perry, he's played like **** for the better part of last season, playoffs and our first 2 this year). Silfverberg has already looked better than Ryan had in his last 2 seasons in Anaheim, and Perreault has looked dangerous. We were 8th in GF/G last year, lost Ryan, who played like **** last year, gained Perrault, Penner (who cares) and Silfverberg and our young guns are really starting to come on. This team has a glut of talent up front.

Now, on defense...Beauch looks like crap after his offseason surgery, Fowler has been up and down, Lovejoy has been terrible, Sbisa is injured, Fistric is meh, Allen has been okay and Vatanen has been very good for only playing 10 NHL games.

Our goaltending also looks shaky at best.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Our forwards are the least of our worries

As a Jets fan that's how I see the Ducks as well. Anytime you have Getz and Perry on a line I would be worried... Silfverberg played very well against us last year on the Sens. I see this being another high scoring affair if the Jets D can't tighten up a bit from the last few games.

Jets 6 - Ducks 3

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Our forwards are the least of our worries, (except Perry, he's played like **** for the better part of last season, playoffs and our first 2 this year). Silfverberg has already looked better than Ryan had in his last 2 seasons in Anaheim, and Perreault has looked dangerous. We were 8th in GF/G last year, lost Ryan, who played like **** last year, gained Perrault, Penner (who cares) and Silfverberg and our young guns are really starting to come on. This team has a glut of talent up front.

Now, on defense...Beauch looks like crap after his offseason surgery, Fowler has been up and down, Lovejoy has been terrible, Sbisa is injured, Fistric is meh, Allen has been okay and Vatanen has been very good for only playing 10 NHL games.

The Ducks' D better get ready for an onslaught of big, fast forwards. The Jets can really bring it.

RonJon

May 18, 2011

Silfverberg is a keeper. I would do that trade everyday.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
We know all about perrault, good pickup. Always played good against the jets. Just lacks finish.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Really looking forward to the game tonight. If you see someone in row 5 in the arena tonight wearing a Jets 1.0 jersey with a big SELANNE 13 on the back that may or may not be me :yo:

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Must. Win. Game.
I'll cheer Teemu before the game. I'll cheer Teemu after the game. But during the game he'll be another duck.
I want to see our boys continue rolling. If we give a good effort the rest will fall into place.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@JimTothCJOB
#NHLJets Grant Clitsome took part in this morning's Pre-Game skate for #Ducks game tonight. Source tells me he is playing.

@DarrinBauming
Tobias Enstrom (day-to-day, lower-body) is skating this am and will likely be a game-time decision tonight. #NHLJets

Ducks Ahoy

Effort = overrated
Jun 9, 2013
Orange County
Ducks fan coming in peace, until during the game;)

Wanted to wish you guy good luck and let's celebrate Teemu's final return to Winnipeg:cheers:

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
As a Jets fan that's how I see the Ducks as well. Anytime you have Getz and Perry on a line I would be worried... Silfverberg played very well against us last year on the Sens. I see this being another high scoring affair if the Jets D can't tighten up a bit from the last few games.

Jets 6 - Ducks 3

Yeah I would not be surprised at that score, the Ducks D has been really bad to start the season, they have not been able to move the puck efficiently at all. I'm hoping Lindholm draws in tonight, he can really move the puck, both with his skating and his passing.

The Ducks' D better get ready for an onslaught of big, fast forwards. The Jets can really bring it.

Yep, the Ducks are going to have a hard time with the size the Jets bring upfront, it's going to be a test.

Silfverberg is a keeper. I would do that trade everyday.

It's looking like a great trade for the Ducks, though it's early. Now, I really hope Ryan does well in Ottawa too, he was always one of my favorite players and if he can figure it out, he'll be a phenomenal player for them. It clearly wasn't going to work for him in Anaheim though.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Selanne and Setoguchi had almost identical stats last year. Almoat scary. Playing time too.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
I had a dream last night (after partying until 4:30 am) that the Ducks were up 8-3. Let's hope that doesn't come to fruition! :amazed:

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
@JimTothCJOB
#NHLJets Grant Clitsome took part in this morning's Pre-Game skate for #Ducks game tonight. Source tells me he is playing.
Great news. Maybe now we can win without having to score 4 or 5 goals. :help: Neither Postma nor Stuart would make the lineup as regular Dmen on several teams. Having them playing together on the 3rd pairing is... to quote Count Dracula... wo-o-o-o, ver-r-ry scar-r-rey. On the other hand, Clitsome would easily be #3 or #4 Dman on several other teams. A HEALTHY top 5 of Bogosian/Byfuglien/Clitsome/Enstrom/Trouba, with possibly Redmond developing into #6 would make us a threat for a deep run into the playoffs.

Anyhow, with an improved D, I'm calling for a nailbiting Winnipeg win. Final score Jets 2 Ducks 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->