Claimed off Waivers: Ducks claim Pontus Aberg

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
it's a smart pick up imo, but he's bottom six fodder. He's got some good wheels and makes some good plays

pretty much my exact thoughts as well. With all the injuries (Perry, Eaves, Kesler, and Gibbson) and the lack of a contract for Ritchie; we're needing some bodies. When Ritchie and Gibbons come back (likely first two back), he'll be in pressbox or waived. I like the pickup though. Nothing special, but solid.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I never said EDM should of given him another chance.

I simply said he needed a stable team to give him a chance. Somewhere he doesn't need to be relied on for offense. That's easier done in Anaheim than it is in Edmonton.

He played his way off Nashville. He just doesn’t have any drive. Maybe this will be a wake up call for him because he’s not going to get many more chances.

Reactions: TFHockey

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
People were claiming because he was partying and on tinder all the time he wasn't focused and taking his job seriously.

People like his head coach. Him not caring enough to be professional is why we called up Rattie in the first place last year. Apparently two games beside McDavid and RNH were enough for him.

And then he got hard outplayed by Rattie, Yams, Reider, and Pulju this preseason.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Poor Aberg, we were so hyped for him.

At least he'll always have his 2 highlights:

Games 5 & 6 against Anaheim and the goal against Maata in Pitt are the only reasons he still is on an active NHL roster right now. Completely underwhelming player. He is the definition of a coaster on the ice.

If he had the heart of someone like Arvidsson he would be a solid NHLer.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
People like his head coach. Him not caring enough to be professional is why we called up Rattie in the first place last year. Apparently two games beside McDavid and RNH were enough for him.

And then he got hard outplayed by Rattie, Yams, Reider, and Pulju this preseason.

He got outplayed by literally everyone including Caggiula with a sinus infection and Kassian with a busted give a shit.

Alex Chiasson has a fifth of Aberg’s talent but ten times his drive. Which is why he’s now here instead of Pontus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad