Claimed off Waivers: Ducks claim Pontus Aberg

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Swedes are sometimes late bloomers.
Perhaps having alot of Swedish teammates on the Ducks has motivated Aberg ?
Swedes that have played on the Ducks roster this year: Lindholm, Rakell, Silfverberg, Larsson, Lundestrom(2018 1st round pick), Pettersen & Aberg.

I think it's a confidence/work ethic thing. On Nashville he played with Forsberg, Jarnkrok, Arvidsson, and Ekholm and it didn't seem to help much.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
He'd show flashes of that offensive potential every now and then, then turn into an offensive black hole for the next three games. I'm glad he's doing ok now.

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
Sometimes a player just finds a fit somewhere else. Sometimes they mature a bit later as well. I always think for Europeans, it would be much tougher to adapt.. new country, new language, and for a lot, new sized ice.

He's talented, so maybe it's all starting to click now.. maybe it's just a flash. Either way, it has to be boosting his confidence going forward.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Damn, good for him. I really liked his game in the 2017 postseason. Thought he looked a useful, industrious player, but never saw him putting up offensive numbers like this. Plus he's got a fantastic name.

Damn fine job by the Ducks's brass to roll the dice on him, though a waiver pickup is hardly a gamble. Always like it when fringe guys like this just find a home and start thriving all of a sudden.

BTW Ducks fans, how is Dotchin doing for you so far?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Sometimes a player just finds a fit somewhere else. Sometimes they mature a bit later as well. I always think for Europeans, it would be much tougher to adapt.. new country, new language, and for a lot, new sized ice.

He's talented, so maybe it's all starting to click now.. maybe it's just a flash. Either way, it has to be boosting his confidence going forward.
Didn't the ducks almost waive him as well? Awesome for him to keeping on keeping on.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

Funny how there isn’t anyone just “fitting” with Edmonton.

I don’t know what it is about that franchise. They remind me of the Family Guy episode where Peter meets that construction worker with the eyes super close together and Peter says: “...I must paint you.”

That’s to say, they’re such a messed up situation you can’t help but be drawn in to the chaos.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Didn't the ducks almost waive him as well? Awesome for him to keeping on keeping on.

I'm pretty sure the Ducks DID waive him. He cleared and was in San Diego for a while, then started looking like a different player when he came back up. I'm hoping that being waived (again) and not being claimed by anyone (including Edmonton for their farm team) was what he needed to turn things around and take hockey seriously. Hopefully he'll keep this up and won't lose motivation in a week or a month.

Reactions: triggrman

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'm pretty sure the Ducks DID waive him. He cleared and was in San Diego for a while, then started looking like a different player when he came back up. I'm hoping that being waived (again) and not being claimed by anyone (including Edmonton for their farm team) was what he needed to turn things around and take hockey seriously. Hopefully he'll keep this up and won't lose motivation in a week or a month.
He was sent down and played 1-2 games in SD. Then was recalled and started playing really well.

Reactions: triggrman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad