Claimed off Waivers: Ducks claim Pontus Aberg

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Funny how things can change for goalscorers, couple weeks ago i posted how pretty much everything for the last calendar year had gone the worst possible way for him and now with the Ducks injuries he's getting an opportunity and finally cashing in on some chances.

I don't know if it'll last but it seems like he likes it in Anaheim and doesn't want to waste this chance.

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
I didn't even realize this guy wasn't on the Preds anymore. When I saw him score two goals the other night in the ANA game I was watching, I was really happy for the dude.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Good for him. He always looked so down and out in Nashville, hopefully he can carve out a permanent role in the league.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Definitely. I mean for each game they've been down 3-6 of their projected top 10 forwards, but still...collectively and individually it's been scary bad outside of the goaltending.

can't wait to see what a Ducks Kings game will look like this year

it'll be either comically entertaining

or a snooze fest with a ton of face palms

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Good for him. He always looked so down and out in Nashville, hopefully he can carve out a permanent role in the league.

I wouldn't get too excited yet... Yes he had TWO solid games, but this is no something new: last year he had 2G and 5A in a 4 games span in March... He had another 2G and 7A in the other 49 games of the season...

Two years ago, the sample was too small, but got all his regular season points in a 2 games span. In postseason again 4 of his 5 points came in a 4 games span...

Now, maybe he will turn it around this year, but my bet is that in 10 games nobody will talk about him anymore...

paine

Jun 4, 2007
I'm most surprised by his hustle and willingness to get dirty. I always thought of him as a floater.

Not sure if it's starting to click or if I had the wrong impression.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I wouldn't get too excited yet... Yes he had TWO solid games, but this is no something new: last year he had 2G and 5A in a 4 games span in March... He had another 2G and 7A in the other 49 games of the season...

Two years ago, the sample was too small, but got all his regular season points in a 2 games span. In postseason again 4 of his 5 points came in a 4 games span...

Now, maybe he will turn it around this year, but my bet is that in 10 games nobody will talk about him anymore...

Yep. He also doesn’t have an assist, so he only has 4 points total. If he shot his usual ~6%, instead of 40%, he might not even have a point yet. It’s a tiny sample size, with a shooting percentage that can’t continue

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
Rakell - Getzlaf - Aberg

He went from "why" over "useless" to "good" pretty quickly.
Didn't fit the Preds lineup - Probably wasn't interested in toxic Edmonton - Fits in with in the Ducks

Good for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad