Claimed off Waivers: Ducks claim Pontus Aberg

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I mean, Jaskin's been in the league 4+ years and hasn't broken 20 points once. He kinda made himself expendable.

Still seems as though he'd be a fine fourth line player, but they had more intriguing options. The Blues have a plethora of young forward riches, Jaskin would seem to be more of a victim of circumstance than perhaps any other forward who ended up on waivers as he's at least proven he can play at this level.

But yeah that does go without saying he'd be more firmly entrenched in a roster spot had he produced more.

Reactions: DrSanchez

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Why? He was outplayed, plain and simple.

Edmonton traded for him, still young and has potential to be good, should've traded him to a team in need of offense. Edmonton would've got value going back, even late draft picks have a good value.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Edmonton traded for him, still young and has potential to be good, should've traded him to a team in need of offense. Edmonton would've got value going back, even late draft picks have a good value.
Do you think these teams aren't all talking to one another, trying to make trades? If he was put on waivers and sent down, chances are it was because nobody was going to offer up anything in trade for him. They wanted their chance to claim him off of waivers, ha ha.

And we traded a guy who is in the AHL now in a trade deadline deal. It's not like we really lost value on this.

Section337

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
One of those, there seems to be something there guys (but not quite). Would not surprise me if he found it, though don’t expect it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nice move by the Ducks.

This kid has some potential. Fairly good Relative numbers, has produced at the AHL level, has had moderate success at the NHL level.

Just needs a stable team to give him a chance.

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Guy needs to become a hall of famer. I have the puck from his first career point, but so far it’s worthless.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Wait I thought Aberg was gonna outscore Gallagher??? Where are those Oilers posters lmao!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So it was "posters", now its one guy? All team have that one guy, who cares if one idiot thought Aberg was going to light it up.
It was started by an Oilers fan. I dont recall if other fans joined in. It was a long time ago. Lol either way that post was funny as f***

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It was started by an Oilers fan. I dont recall if other fans joined in. It was a long time ago. Lol either way that post was funny as ****

Well, yeah, it sounds hilarious, but as I mentioned, every team has some of those fans. I debated with a Habs fan once not long ago about Karl Alzner actually having value. So it happens.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

The Ducks were a 100 point team last year. Likely if a team were desperate for offence and willing to pay for a talent like Aberg, they would be above the Duck on the waiver wire priority, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->