Confirmed with Link: Duchene to NSH 8 AAV/ 7 years

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Poile still GOAT GM...1-2 mill less per year than a bunch of forum know it alls were calling for...eat it keyboard warriors! Welcome to Smashville, MD!

Reactions: jumb0

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He better not make it big with his country music career and quit on us lol.
So pumped to have him in Nashville!

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
In his press conference MD basically said that he is not playing wing, especially left wing. Apparently Poile also said anymore moves would be through trades and not FA (for whatever that's worth). Turris?

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Poile: Matt, you want us, we want you let's make this happen. Now I know the market is crazy and you're thinking 9-10 would be about right. But I was hoping you'd see our stance and match RyJo's contract and we go 7x8m.

Matt: We were thinking more 7x9.5, and we're hoping for some upfront money and a NTC, MTL will offer me that.

Poile: You kinda owe us...

ducheneoffside.jpg

Matt: ....8 it is...

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
In his press conference MD basically said that he is not playing wing, especially left wing. Apparently Poile also said anymore moves would be through trades and not FA (for whatever that's worth). Turris?
Ellis for Nylander and Turris for a decent Top 4 D-man. We can dream.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I'm not sure this can be considered official but if it is all the people who were preemptively ****ting on Poile need to put on their bibs and line up for their serving of crow.

A deal like this means Duchene wanted to be here and wanted Poile to have the flexibility to add additional pieces.

LOL shows what you know. This had NOTHING to do with Poile being a good GM or Duchene wanting to be in Nashville. It has EVERYTHING to do with a tax system so complex I don't understand it. Me, a naive person who faithfully trusts rich people to pay their taxes in the first place, knows exactly what happened here, and the LEAGUE needs to step in to level the playing field for teams like Montreal.

You really gotta step outta here and onto the main boards to learn a thing or two, doc.

Smashville Stroke

Apr 25, 2016
Lawrenceburg, TN
LOL shows what you know. This had NOTHING to do with Poile being a good GM or Duchene wanting to be in Nashville. It has EVERYTHING to do with a tax system so complex I don't understand it. Me, a naive person who faithfully trusts rich people to pay their taxes in the first place, knows exactly what happened here, and the LEAGUE needs to step in to level the playing field for teams like Montreal.

You really gotta step outta here and onto the main boards to learn a thing or two, doc.

Did the tax break help? I’m sure it did. But to say that him wanting to live here had nothing to do with his decision is just wrong. He has been talking about living here for at least 2 years.

I’m sorry that I don’t feel bad that a team that has been around forever isn’t getting free agents because of constant mismanagement and the fact that they aren’t a contender. How many years could we not get any free agents because we weren’t a desirable location or a contending team? It happens in cycles for different teams. If the cap is lowered for teams without state income taxes, you’re going to impact: Us, Florida, Tampa, Dallas, Vegas, and the new Seattle team. I would imagine the NHL doesn’t want to do something to hurt the teams in the south and their newest teams. TN has the highest sales tax in the US, should there be an adjustment in cap rules for that as well?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Montreal, and Canada as a whole, have such a regressive tax system that it is ridiculous. At the federal level in the US, the rich pay the majority of income taxes which will apply to Duchene.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I've been debating if I should post this or not, but Duchene has been one of my favorite players not on the Preds over the years. I remember watching him prior to his draft year. Reminded me of Joe Sakic. I remember that draft well too because of the rumors swirling around Weber for the 1st overall (Tavares).

I remember watching the videos and how excited Duchene was to go to the Avs (boy did that change). Watching him be so excited to be drafted by the team of Sakic, a player he loved growing up, was so cool. That was my favorite player growing up.

Now, he's so excited to join the Preds. That's an awesome feeling.

Last edited:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Did the tax break help? I’m sure it did. But to say that him wanting to live here had nothing to do with his decision is just wrong. He has been talking about living here for at least 2 years.

I’m sorry that I don’t feel bad that a team that has been around forever isn’t getting free agents because of constant mismanagement and the fact that they aren’t a contender. How many years could we not get any free agents because we weren’t a desirable location or a contending team? It happens in cycles for different teams. If the cap is lowered for teams without state income taxes, you’re going to impact: Us, Florida, Tampa, Dallas, Vegas, and the new Seattle team. I would imagine the NHL doesn’t want to do something to hurt the teams in the south and their newest teams. TN has the highest sales tax in the US, should there be an adjustment in cap rules for that as well?

For the record, that was entirely sarcasm and I spent probably too much time last night mocking and/or destructing dumb arguments on the main boards about this mythical tax benefit a few teams have.

Reactions: Smashville Stroke

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
For the record, that was entirely sarcasm and I spent probably too much time last night mocking and/or destructing dumb arguments on the main boards about this mythical tax benefit a few teams have.

I made a new promise to myself to put any new tax threads on ignore and any posters who harp on taxes on ignore... i hope there's no limit to the ignore list

Smashville Stroke

Apr 25, 2016
Lawrenceburg, TN

I was really hoping it was lol. All I’ve read from other fans the last few days is how we need to get the death penalty of cap hits for the Weber deal and how we are cheating the cap system by not having a state income tax.

I probably saw your posts regarding it and just didn’t realize it was you. Wasn’t really directing that at you personally, just my bottled up feelings on the whole issue lol.

Reactions: ThirdManIn

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It makes me laugh because the same fans fussing about that see absolutely no issue with the bigger markets being able to pay huge front loaded bonuses that a lot of the tax free teams can't pay.

That's not an advantage at all :tmi:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad