Confirmed with Link: Duchene to NSH 8 AAV/ 7 years

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Great deal if true. The Flyers are paying Hayes a coupe hundred thousand less a year...

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I'm not sure this can be considered official but if it is all the people who were preemptively ****ting on Poile need to put on their bibs and line up for their serving of crow.

A deal like this means Duchene wanted to be here and wanted Poile to have the flexibility to add additional pieces.
it's official.

just like NBA can't sign their deals till July 6th but those are all over ESPN.

every insider is reporting it.

7 years 56 million. 8 AAV w/ signing bonuses.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I'm not sure this can be considered official but if it is all the people who were preemptively ****ting on Poile need to put on their bibs and line up for their serving of crow.

A deal like this means Duchene wanted to be here and wanted Poile to have the flexibility to add additional pieces.

I definitely talked some trash so I'm setting up a big spread of crow right now

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Technically not confirmed until he actually signs but I don’t really care to try and figure out how to change the title on mobile.

Reactions: 63 others

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Same AAV as Johansen. Someone will find a way, but if we were determined to hitch our wagons to Duchene there is very little room for complaint as far as the contract goes.

This is the correct take.

I’m not in the Duchene is the answer camp. Hope I’m wrong and Poile is right.

Reactions: predfan98

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Could be a similar situation where the team puts a cap on the highest paid player. With Subban gone, this deal makes a lot of sense. Guessing Josi will either sign for $8 as well or become the highest paid player on the team by a hair over $8. Detroit did this for years as Lidstrom was the internal cap. Not much to argue if that's the route the team goes. Love that we have a solid one two punch down the middle now. Adds much needed speed up front too.

Reactions: SouthNash and Gh24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->