Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filip Larsson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
The vast majority of these Euro signings don't pan out, he's gonna be 24 and no one even knew who he was till last season. Hard for me to justify putting him ahead of guys who are just much better prospects at 18-20 then he was.
Completely fair. Sulak, however, was never the Liiga MVP at 23 years old. Kaski was. Writing Kaski off before he plays any games for the organization seems unfair, especially considering he has developed entirely in Finland, whereas Sulak is from Czech Republic and played one season in Finland. I point this out just to make the point that their paths have been very different.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I shouldn't be surprised. We have seen a few prospects be lambasted on this site. Svechnikov, hasn't made it through turbulent first few years riddled with injury, so he's a disappointment. Cholowski, had some growing pains mid season and needed seasoning, so he's a disappointment. Rasmussen, wasn't an impact center in the NHL as a 19 year old, so he's a disappointment. Zadina couldn't make the NHL or be among the AHL league leaders in his D+1 year, so he's a disappointment.

For the sake of Seider, I hope he goes to the CHL just to attempt to lessen the criticism the fan base will put on him after we draft Anton Lundell #6 overall in 2020.

I feel like you're keying in too much on minority opinions in Cholowski and Zadinas case,this is literally a thread for voting on the best prospect in the system and Zadina still has 78% of the vote over a guy that was just drafted 6th overall a month ago and another that put up flashy numbers in juniors this past season

as for the others Svechnikov has some very legitimate concerns at this point he just missed an entire season of hockey and even before that had a disappointing second season in the AHL

Rasmussen has been viewed as a disappointment from the second he was drafted by many of us and his NHL performance does nothing other than reinforce those beliefs

Reactions: RabidBadger

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Rasmussen has been viewed as a disappointment from the second he was drafted by many of us and his NHL performance does nothing other than reinforce those beliefs

Only in the sense that he didn't suddenly shrink 5 inches.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I have Seider because from the day we drafted , potential still , Zadina it was nothing but disappointments. We don't have , and I hope I am wrong, Larkin 2.0, someone who can turn this franchise around, caring team on his shoulders . Seider is very raw , they need develop him by pairing him with veteran defenseman . I hope he might become one of those

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
Another stat I like about Seider is that while (pretty much) everyone likes his defensive game but questions his offensive upside, he compares well to another German prospect stat-wise.

International teams they have played together:
Dominik Bokk - 18 Games 20 points (12 games 14 points in U20)
Moritz Seider - 18 Games 16 points (12 games 13 points in U20)

Dominik Bokk was drafted in the first round. In 2018. And is a forward.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
One season pass to Seider Town, please.

Like Winger98 said, a big 200-foot defender is worth their weight in gold and I think he has the potential to be something pretty great. Good head on his shoulders and he's got the toolbox to work with.

Zadina is still an exciting prospect, but I've given up on the Hossa-esque hype that existed around his draft.

Reactions: Syckle78 and lilidk

izlez

Feb 28, 2012

Like Winger98 said, a big 200-foot defender is worth their weight in gold and I think he has the potential to be something pretty great. Good head on his shoulders and he's got the toolbox to work with.

Zadina is still an exciting prospect, but I've given up on the Hossa-esque hype that existed around his draft.

XDPMDHH2Rk11cQooVtuGQEvxL22t8UyWnEPMokdxf2s.jpg

Reactions: Bench

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Svechnikov is the one that had Hossa-esque hype in that draft.

I want to see Seider show some offensive proficiency before I put him over someone like Zadina. If he comes over to the OHL and puts up a PPG or better, or posts solid numbers in the AHL, I will gladly hop on the hype train. But until then, I think his offensive upside is a question mark... and my doubts would be he could go the route of someone like Adam Larsson.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm surprised (but maybe I shouldn't be) that we have some people with opinions based on recency bias. Seider is the new shiny toy which means he has "a lot of potential" and "high upside" while Zadina is the old toy who is "underwhelming" and "missing elite potential".

Yep. Went with Veleno.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I like Seider a lot, he seems like a very likable kid. I’m really rooting for him, but at the end of the day we truly reached for him. I trust Yzerman and I mostly trust our scouting team, so I’m eager to see what he does and can do, but there’s just no way he’s ahead or Zadina. I think the conversation between him and Veleno for #2 is much closer.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Svechnikov is the one that had Hossa-esque hype in that draft.

With chip on shoulder, Filip Zadina hopes to crack Red Wings' lineup quickly - mlive.com

He's been compared for former Red Wing Marian Hossa but said he models his game after Tampa Bay's Nikita Kucherov.
"I love to watch him on the ice, a special player," Zadina said.

How Filip Zadina can help accelerate Detroit Red Wings' rebuild

Zadina models his game after Marian Hossa and Nikita Kucherov.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/blackhawks/nhl-draft-profile-f-filip-zadina

NHL player comparable: Marian Hossa

I mean, you can see how I got this idea, right?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I don’t think him saying he models his game after him equals he had Hossa hype.

Svecnikov was definitely a superior and more complete winger prospect, and I recall his name being linked to Hossa much more than Zadina before they belonged to NHL clubs.

Basically I think that’s a silly thing to use to hold against Zadina, but that’s just me.

Last edited:

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
As of right now, definitely Zadina. Fantastic pedigree going into his draft and a solid D+1 season playing in the 2nd/3rd best league in the world.

Seider could dethrone him at some point in the next year but gotta see him play some games in the Wings system first, whether he's in the CHL or AHL.

Add Grewe.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I don’t think him saying he models his game after him equals he had Hossa hype.

Svecnikov was definitely a superior and more complete winger prospect, and I recall his name being linked to Hossa much more than Zadina before they belonged to NHL clubs.

Basically I think that’s a silly thing to use to hold against Zadina, but that’s just me.

Every article about the kid mentioned Hossa, that's the point. Where did I possibly get the idea Hossa was a comparable! And no, I don't hold it against him, I just don't see that level of impact player from the wing. In contrast, I see a much more complete package in the, admittedly raw, new top defender draft pick.

I mean I'm calling my shot from home plate by giving Seider the nod. Of course that could blow up in my face, but this thread will be more fun in 5 years with me doing the Babe Ruth.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Every article about the kid mentioned Hossa, that's the point. Where did I possibly get the idea Hossa was a comparable! And no, I don't hold it against him, I just don't see that level of impact player from the wing. In contrast, I see a much more complete package in the, admittedly raw, new top defender draft pick.

I mean I'm calling my shot from home plate by giving Seider the nod. Of course that could blow up in my face, but this thread will be more fun in 5 years with me doing the Babe Ruth.

I think Seider will show some offensive ability to justify picking him at #6.... but I just want to see it first. ESPECIALLY before anointing him as our top prospect in the entire system. That's basically where I am at with this.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

I think picking Seider while knocking Zadina who was picked in the exact same draft slot from a year prior is where people are losing me. If you want to pick Seider because of Seider, I would personally disagree, but I would understand and respect it. But a lot of people are actually downgrading Zadina's upside and potential as a justification for Seider being picked number one. While it is technically an opinion that you are free to have, a lot of it is founded in minimal exposure and a lack of gaudy statistics jumping from the Q to professional NA hockey. People were (wrongfully) expecting 30+ highlight reel goals and dominating the AHL, and when they didn't see their social media feeds overflowing, they jumped ship and said "well I guess he isn't that good after all" and are now cherry picking the next big thing the team has added who hasn't faced the adversity of making a jump to a much higher skill level league.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
But a lot of people are actually downgrading Zadina's upside and potential as a justification for Seider being picked number one.

I wouldn't say it's a lot. Zadina is winning a landslide here with 78% of the vote.

I went with my choice because at this point I expect more from Seider longterm than Zadina. We'll see how that shakes out.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You can already go to 2nd voting, when the ~100 vote mark is reached. Usually the voting won't go much further, that's the voting "population" in here.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I wouldn't say it's a lot. Zadina is winning a landslide here with 78% of the vote.

I went with my choice because at this point I expect more from Seider longterm than Zadina. We'll see how that shakes out.

and Zadina being at 78% speaks volumes about how he's viewed overall because honestly if you think they are close you should probably be picking Seider on position

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad