Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filip Larsson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
I thought Zadina looked great. He's clearly putting himself under a lot of pressure and needs to relax a bit but once he gets the monkey off his back I think he's going to start rolling.

Aye he had quite a few blunders. Hope your assessment is right and its just the pressure and now what to expect in the future.

Whiffing on passes, passing straight to opposition, failing on most shots to hit net.

He did good job of skating, did decent on forecheck, although, was clueless about stick-checking. Couple times he pressed opposition near blue-line or neutral and just skated by them instead of trying to use his stick to nudge the puck away. Just your classic Mantha 'fly-by'.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If he winds up being a 2nd liner, he's not a complete bust but a disappointment. Need to get top line players with top 10 picks.... though looking at past #6 picks, they don't seem to fair well for some reason.

Based on one study, 6th overall has 52% probability to become TOP4 defenceman or TOP6 forward. And has 32% proability to be 4th liner or worse. So it looks like it leaves 16% chance to be 3rd liner or 3rd pair D.

Of course you should hit with your Top picks, but it's very far from a guarantee. Most of a coin flip (50/50 chance for a Top6 forward in case of Zadina) with 6th overall.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Based on one study, 6th overall has 52% probability to become TOP4 defenceman or TOP6 forward. And has 32% proability to be 4th liner or worse. So it looks like it leaves 16% chance to be 3rd liner or 3rd pair D.

Of course you should hit with your Top picks, but it's very far from a guarantee. Most of a coin flip (50/50 chance for a Top6 forward in case of Zadina) with 6th overall.

6 overall picks from 2000 - 2016

Matt TkachukTop 6 F
Pavel Zacha Mid 6 F
Jake VirtanenBot 6 F
Sean MonahanTop 6 F
Hampus LindholmTop 4 D
Mike ZibanejadTop 6 F
Brett Connolly*Bot 6 F
Oliver Ekman-LarssonTop 4 D
Nikita FilatovBUST
Sam GagnerTop 6 F
Derick BrassardTop 6 F
Gilbert Brule6th/7th D
Al MontoyaBackup
Milan MichalekTop 6 F
Scottie UpshallBot 6 F
Mikko KoivuTop 6 F
Scott HartnellTop 6 F
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Connolly has chance of becoming middle 6 after breakout season

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't see Gagner and Brassard as career Top6 forwards, so that leaves 8/16 guys = 50%.
Didn't I say that Oiler picks don't count? We all know they suck at drafting, lol.

Like I said, about 50/50 if you exclude Oilers. Regardless, the team absolutely needs to hit on their 1st round picks or else we're gonna be just like Oiler and Sabres. Heck, if the team promotes Disco Dan, then we can be just like the Sabres.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
6 overall picks from 2000 - 2016

Matt TkachukTop 6 F
Pavel Zacha Mid 6 F
Jake VirtanenBot 6 F
Sean MonahanTop 6 F
Hampus LindholmTop 4 D
Mike ZibanejadTop 6 F
Brett Connolly*Bot 6 F
Oliver Ekman-LarssonTop 4 D
Nikita FilatovBUST
Sam GagnerTop 6 F
Derick BrassardTop 6 F
Gilbert Brule6th/7th D
Al MontoyaBackup
Milan MichalekTop 6 F
Scottie UpshallBot 6 F
Mikko KoivuTop 6 F
Scott HartnellTop 6 F
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Connolly has chance of becoming middle 6 after breakout season

Gilbert Brule isn't a defenceman.

Reactions: Mlotek

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Gilbert Brule isn't a defenceman.
He's a good example of what happens when you rush a kid into the NHL before he's ready. 2 injuries first season and got sent back to juniors. Then he got stuck with Hitchcock, got traded to the Oilers (lol), then more injuries. I wonder how much the injuries affected his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->