Series Talk: Round 2 Discussion - Panthers vs Bruins - Part II

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Last year’s finals have me worried about us sitting for too long, even if this year’s team isn’t built on momentum as much
I agree. 10 days off was too much. 4/5/6 days? Fine. But at some point you're not going to keep the same level of sharpness. It's a feel for the game that you get when you play on a regular basis.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I agree. 10 days off was too much. 4/5/6 days? Fine. But at some point you're not going to keep the same level of sharpness. It's a feel for the game that you get when you play on a regular basis.

we were not sharp in that series. imo, at least.

I thought the lightning barely put up a fight. we responded (mostly) when they did, which is good. will need a little more intensity and closer to 60 minutes against BOS or TOR.

I'll take the layoff now and buy benny and gus (who seems to be ok?) some extra time.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
we were not sharp in that series. imo, at least.

I thought the lightning barely put up a fight. we responded (mostly) when they did, which is good. will need a little more intensity and closer to 60 minutes against BOS or TOR.

I'll take the layoff now and buy benny and gus (who seems to be ok?) some extra time.
I agree they were off for most of that series. I think that was just a continuation of the last month of the season. But the last half of game 5 I think they clicked. I would not want to go into a long layoff just as they got their game back. Plus, if they are sharp and playing well, the guys out with injury won't be such an urgent situation.

Reactions: MaWa and zeroG

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
When are we looking at game 1 if these chumps goto game 7 ? Can east start round 2 before west is done with 1??

Tuesday would be my guess. They play on Saturday game 7 and then get two days of rest before the next series start.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Looks unlikely now for Game 1 to start Saturday even in Boston wins tomorrow, is that accurate?

Want to get tickets, but depends on when the game is.

Reactions: batting1k

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I agree they were off for most of that series. I think that was just a continuation of the last month of the season. But the last half of game 5 I think they clicked. I would not want to go into a long layoff just as they got their game back. Plus, if they are sharp and playing well, the guys out with injury won't be such an urgent situation.

to be frank, I chalk up game 5 to TBL throwing in the towel after the 3rd goal. I thought they came out hard and were good in the 2nd but they just had nothing in the 3rd period. I was worried during that intermission and was (pleasantly) shocked at how little resistance they put up and how easily they folded once we got the 3rd goal.

Reactions: MaWa

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
to be frank, I chalk up game 5 to TBL throwing in the towel after the 3rd goal. I thought they came out hard and were good in the 2nd but they just had nothing in the 3rd period. I was worried during that intermission and was (pleasantly) shocked at how little resistance they put up and how easily they folded once we got the 3rd goal.
Actually I was thinking about how the defensemen stopped wandering randomly around the ice. And played their position. For instance. Things got more structured, in other words. A sign that their head finally got in the game. And they were concentrating on what they were doing, concentrating on the game. Instead of being off in la la land in their heads.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Tuesday would be my guess. They play on Saturday game 7 and then get two days of rest before the next series start.

I have today to next weeks thrusday off.. ffs I have bad luck

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Exclusive image of Bennett preparing for round 2:

065f828b89790d730d882d9821207674.jpg

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Inb4 Montour takes out Bennett's other wrist with a slapshot in practice

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida

Full Chucky segment

fuuuucccckkkkkk

Chucky said he would have done the Waddle when Waddle was there had he scored.

Please bring Waddle back lmao

I really like McAfee and to have Tkachuk as a guest is good shit. Interesting how he kinda hinted as "fine tuning their game." I wonder if that was during the slump, where they knew they're making the playoffs and not making wins as a much of a priority than trial and error in certain situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad