Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filip Larsson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
It's that time of year again, let's rank our prospects. I did not include Rasmussen, Hronek, or Cholowski since they played more than half the season with the team last year. Will keep threads open for 48 hours unless they're complete blow outs, in which case, for one day. Please post who you'd like to see included in future polls.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
For me it's still Zadina, I think clearly he has the highest ceiling of any of our prospects and is the most likely of any of them to reach that potential, even after some growing pains this year in Grand Rapids. He has the most potential of any of our prospects to be a genuine star player.

My vote for an add is Oliwer Kaski.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Zadina is still at the top for me. People who watched him through the year in both GR and Detroit could see the talent. It was easy to stay watch with him, but I really think he will double his point total in year two.

Add Grewe.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
It was a toss up, but went with Veleno over Zadina. Still think he's our steal of the draft. Lower ceiling, but imho, higher probability to succeed in NHL & more impactful on a daily basis, especially away from the puck. Also C vs. a Winger.

Add Kaski

Reactions: Realgud

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Seider. Mostly on the hope that we have a #1 D in our system and perhaps we opened a pipeline into German hockey for future stars a la Sweden.

Add Grewe

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I don't watch kids games so nobody should trust my opinion but

I feel like Seider sounds like an under-the-radar gem for several reasons (German league, defense-first system...) and I'm gonna predict that his career overall is going to blow everyone away.

Here's hoping.

Reactions: LucaBrasil

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Zadina pretty easily at this point for me. Veleno and Seider may end up being more impactful in the future but right now Z is top of the heap.

This list looks better than previous years in terms of guys likely to have long NHL careers.

Add T. Rex Grewe and Regula.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Zadina easily for me. Seider is interesting and I can see argument that perhaps he'll be more impactful for the Wings if all goes according to plan just because he's a D... But Zadina is really far ahead right now and our best bet at a star player. He has all the skills to pot 40. Huge upside, the most NHL ready and safest bet. Seider also has huge upside and is a D, but he's further away, less certain and he'd really have to develop well to be the same caliber of player as Zadina.

I guess Veleno is the other guy that deserves consideration, but he's not close to Zadina. I am wary of projecting him as anything more than a middle 6 C

Reactions: hkydave04

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Going with Seider. He should be a solid NHL player with great upside for a long time. I think he'll move up the system pretty quickly.

Zadina is that player that I really want to like because of how high we drafted him and the flashes that he shows. To be honest, I get a lot of underwhelming feelings watching him play. I think he'll be a reliable NHL player, but I don't see future 40 goal all-star in him yet. Still very early though and he has a lot of time to grow. I think at 6th overall (and early on top-3 projected), he shouldn't be as much of a project as he is.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Seider for me, think he makes more of in impact if he reaches his upside. Just don't see the elite potential in Zadina that others do, should be a good top six guy who can pot 30.

Add Mastrosimone, Kaski is just the new Sulak.

Reactions: Realgud

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Maybe a little short-sighted?
The vast majority of these Euro signings don't pan out, he's gonna be 24 and no one even knew who he was till last season. Hard for me to justify putting him ahead of guys who are just much better prospects at 18-20 then he was.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'm surprised (but maybe I shouldn't be) that we have some people with opinions based on recency bias. Seider is the new shiny toy which means he has "a lot of potential" and "high upside" while Zadina is the old toy who is "underwhelming" and "missing elite potential".

Reactions: Goodman68

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm surprised (but maybe I shouldn't be) that we have some people with opinions based on recency bias. Seider is the new shiny toy which means he has "a lot of potential" and "high upside" while Zadina is the old toy who is "underwhelming" and "missing elite potential".

I think Zadina is a top 10 prospect in all of hockey, not just our team's system, so I don't get that at all.

Last edited:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Zadina over Seider based upon NA professional experience at this point and likelihood of reaching his potential. Zadina's GR season was not nearly as bad as some made it out for a player of his age. He will always play less with the puck than Larkin, AA or Veleno which will turn some people off to him. If they both reach their potential, these two should have a relatively equal impact on the game though.

Add Barton

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think Zadina is a top 10 prospects in all of hockey, not just our team's system, so I don't get that at all.

I shouldn't be surprised. We have seen a few prospects be lambasted on this site. Svechnikov, hasn't made it through turbulent first few years riddled with injury, so he's a disappointment. Cholowski, had some growing pains mid season and needed seasoning, so he's a disappointment. Rasmussen, wasn't an impact center in the NHL as a 19 year old, so he's a disappointment. Zadina couldn't make the NHL or be among the AHL league leaders in his D+1 year, so he's a disappointment.

For the sake of Seider, I hope he goes to the CHL just to attempt to lessen the criticism the fan base will put on him after we draft Anton Lundell #6 overall in 2020.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I agree, that is the case way too often around here. Players go from shiny new toy, next elite all-star, to completely forgotten before they ever have a chance in the NHL.

However, I did vote for Seider. And I'll admit don't have the best reasoning for it. I've never liked Zadina much. I like Veleno a lot and almost went with him. My reasoning for Seider is basically that he went 6th overall and he doesn't have enough video to say that I disagree with taking him there (where I feel like I see plenty of flaws with Zadina... but if you cut his entire youtube videos to the best 4 minutes, I'm sure I'd love him too)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->