Confirmed with Link: Drouin taking indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons - placed on LTIR (Mod warn #28, 382

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Really hate the Habs not saying anything and running their organisation like the KGB/FBI

It will once again lead to a lot more speculation ( sick wife sick kid, dying parents, drugs, depression.......) than coming out with the truth.

He did the pregame skate and pulled himself out so none of it makes any sense
Although I'm all for player privacy we had this situation last year with Rask, where no statement was released when it would of been really simply to clarify and it just resulted in a lot of preventable resentment and hate sent his way.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
A bunch of adult push this guy into depression. It's really f***ing revolting knowing well what this shit does to your mind.

he'll never be able to play for the habs again.

send his positive vibes and lets leave him the f*** alone.
Ya let's ban fans from commenting on games and players.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I think you should let them do it. Then we'll all know who the freaks are

I think we know who they are already. Hopefully this gives an opportunity to the mods to kick them out.

Good luck to JD. I always wanted him to become a star in Montreal. And I still think he's better than what he's shown so far. But as Stéphane Richer once said, there's more important things than hockey in life.

Reactions: dinodebino

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
I was never diagnosed but I'm 100% certain I've been depressed for about 12 years now (ever since I tried to force myself to go through engineering school). If that is indeed what he's dealing with then I completely understand why Drouin would "take the night off" sometimes. There is no on/off switch on depression but when it hits, it becomes impossible to get to work effectively. You can go through the motions by experience and talent but giving real effort can literally be impossible. I hope he can find a way to deal with this because depression is a bitch

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
How so? Let's just close this board then if we can't discuss players performances because it might hurt their feelings.
Said it before, will say it again...............It's ok to wish him well, and still be glad he is gone......
Chill guys......we can all have our opinions.....
I would think 50 percent of us on here, have battled mental health issues.....just relax. Everyone including myself deals with this stuff in their own way.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
How so? Let's just close this board then if we can't discuss players performances because it might hurt their feelings.

Ya let's ban fans from commenting on games and players.

There's quite a bit of a gap between the abuse Drouin received and discussing player performance.

Some people on social media are quite vicious.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Although I'm all for player privacy we had this situation last year with Rask, where no statement was released when it would of been really simply to clarify and it just resulted in a lot of preventable resentment and hate sent his way.

But why exactly are we entitled to know private information? I can’t call your company and ask why you’re on an extended leave of absence. Why is it different for players?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I wish him all the best. It's hard being a Franco in this city and Drouin's been as much a target as anyone I've seen not named Brisebois. I mean, I'm a Habs fan and want to see the best from the players, but they're all human in the end and you can't but feel for then when they go through rough patches.

Reactions: dinodebino

Sh4ded

Jun 30, 2016
Ive looked at the clip where he leaves the warmup and it looks to me its not Jo who says he can't go, its Graham who tells him something. My guess is that its a family matter. Take care 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad