Confirmed with Link: Drouin taking indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons - placed on LTIR (Mod warn #28, 382

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbz

Jun 10, 2008
Moncton, NB
Drouin strikes me as a guy that reads press articles and goes on social media to read about himself. After so much negativity it probably got to him mentally. I could tell in his body language there was something not right. In the end, hockey players are humans too. Just hope he gets through it.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Oh wow, so he can't come back until game 2 of the playoffs at the earliest?

Although can't they make it retroactive from the last game he missed?

My daughter suffers from depression. It's not really an illness you can easily come back from like a broken thumb. If it is depression he may have to live with it for the rest of his life.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
What’s the point? Any reason they say will be met with criticism. Look at how disgusting people were when Rask pulled himself out of the bubble last year because his kid was sick.

This is Montreal sooner or later it will come out and Rask deserved everything he got bailing on his teamates like he did

Reactions: Galactico

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Really hate the Habs not saying anything and running their organisation like the KGB/FBI

It will once again lead to a lot more speculation ( sick wife sick kid, dying parents, drugs, depression.......) than coming out with the truth.

He did the pregame skate and pulled himself out so none of it makes any sense

What do you want them to say? I think if it had been family related (such as a sick parent) we'd have already heard about it. Participating in a pre-game warmup and then getting pulled seems...fairly telling. It's also completely fair. When you know, you know. It can hit you anywhere. Vontae Davis retired mid-game with the Bills and whoever gave him shit was wrong.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Really hate the Habs not saying anything and running their organisation like the KGB/FBI

It will once again lead to a lot more speculation ( sick wife sick kid, dying parents, drugs, depression.......) than coming out with the truth.

He did the pregame skate and pulled himself out so none of it makes any sense
They are things that should stay personal and I think it’s the case here. It’s Drouin private live and we don’t need to know that

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
This fanbase finally got to him.
Tampa got to him way before this fanbase could.

He's a talented player, but psychologically he's obviously got some demons/issues/weaknesses/callitwhateveryouwant.

Hope he can figure it out, for himself and his family.

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
I have seen him work out (he was at the same gym as me... years ago, I think it was his second season here in the summer), he was pushing himself hard, I was impressed and hopeful.

He was a sweet kid, my wife had no idea who he was... she starts chatting him up, just normal gym talk and he seemed genuinely interested.

Afterwards, I was like "Do you know who that is??" you could hear the sound of crickets, then she turned red and I unleashed MILF jokes for a year thereafter. Her impressions were pretty positive - wow what a nice guy. She said you could tell he was raised right, very sensitive, etc.

Hope everything works out for him, he's still young and can still make something of his career. Hopefully he gets the help he needs (if that is the case) or everything works out for whatever the issue is.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Drouin strikes me as a guy that reads press articles and goes on social media to read about himself. After so much negativity it probably got to him mentally. I could tell in his body language there was something not right. In the end, hockey players are humans too. Just hope he gets through it.
I can confirm that he does that ! Drouin is passionate of hockey and know everything about the league (that was aid by many players that played with him)

Reactions: dinodebino

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Obviously he's waiting for the cable guy to adjust his wifi... more seriously, best of luck for him.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
More than likely......and it's ok to wish him well, and still be glad he is gone....
He needs time and professional help. Anyone who knew him from his halifax days, realizes this all to well.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I have seen him work out (he was at the same gym as me... years ago, I think it was his second season here in the summer), he was pushing himself hard, I was impressed and hopeful.

He was a sweet kid, my wife had no idea who he was... she starts chatting him up, just normal gym talk and he seemed genuinely interested.

Afterwards, I was like "Do you know who that is??" you could hear the sound of crickets, then she turned red and I unleashed MILF jokes for a year thereafter. Her impressions were pretty positive - wow what a nice guy. She said you could tell he was raised right, very sensitive, etc.

Hope everything works out for him, he's still young and can still make something of his career. Hopefully he gets the help he needs (if that is the case) or everything works out for whatever the issue is.
Never heard anything negative about Drouin. He’s just a passionate about hockey

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad