Confirmed with Link: Drouin taking indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons - placed on LTIR (Mod warn #28, 382

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I don’t want to analyze any of this other to confirm the timeline. He was at the pregame skate and after a chat with a trainer he left the ice. Non-Covid related. Now we are looking at him being out for a long time. I wish him the best.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
I think he has played his last game for Montreal. He must leave the market and his baggage behind. Will be traded in the off season for peanuts.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
What it entails : He's out for at least 10 games and 24 days.

Oh wow, so he can't come back until game 2 of the playoffs at the earliest?

Although can't they make it retroactive from the last game he missed?

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I really hope he's ok and can get through whatever he's dealing with.

He seems like a good guy who loves hockey and genuinely wanted to make it work here, but once you get past the unfair expectations set by Bergevin's loyal media (and I truly believe the Anglo and Franco media in Montreal are equally terrible here), the warning signs were always there that he just didn't have that extra gear to be the player he was in juniors. He's not the first and not the last, but if an organization as strong as Tampa didn't see it with Drouin it should have been obvious Drouin was at best a very flawed player.

Hopefully whatever he is dealing with isn't too serious and Drouin can actually be appreciated for what he is, which is a hockey player talented enough to play in the NHL but a flawed and streaky playmaker who should probably be considered closer to a Tomas Tatar than a guy with unlimited upside. It might be best for all parties involved if he can be moved somewhere where he doesn't have constant media attention - the overhyping being just as bad for him as the criticism. But either way I hope whatever happens he can get through this and the GM who set him up to fail in Montreal is soon unemployed.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Oh wow, so he can't come back until game 2 of the playoffs at the earliest?

Although can't they make it retroactive from the last game he missed?

Since there's a days count AND he was put on the LTIR today, I doubt they can make it retroactive.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Really hate the Habs not saying anything and running their organisation like the KGB/FBI

It will once again lead to a lot more speculation ( sick wife sick kid, dying parents, drugs, depression.......) than coming out with the truth.

He did the pregame skate and pulled himself out so none of it makes any sense

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I hope everything is okay. Things like this definitely puts things in perspective.

If this is related to all the pressure he has been feeling, I hope we all can take it easy on our players. They're human too after all.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Really hate the Habs not saying anything and running their organisation like the KGB/FBI

It will once again lead to a lot more speculation ( sick wife sick kid, dying parents, drugs, depression.......) than coming out with the truth.

... To be honest, if Drouin was in any of the situations you mentionned, he could have a legit interest in keeping things to himself (and not make them public)
And the Canadiens would be right to respect that.

Edit : Except maybe the drugs part, if he was at his second check at the NHLPA program, then they'd have to disclose (I think...).

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

What’s the point? Any reason they say will be met with criticism. Look at how disgusting people were when Rask pulled himself out of the bubble last year because his kid was sick.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

The KGB....what is this garbage. Fans don't need to know everything that is going on with the club. Take the info provided and live with it. This is a problem with the world today.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
What’s the point? Any reason they say will be met with criticism. Look at how disgusting people were when Rask pulled himself out of the bubble last year because his kid was sick.

Didn't it take a long time before we knew what was going on with Rask? At the beginning he simply looked like a guy who didn't want to play. Like the game bored him to death. Pretty sure it took days if not weeks before knowing the truth.

And if they said it right off the bat, most people would've understood and he would've been left alone.

Those who are fueling speculations are always the pseudo-journalists on Twitter.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Hope whatever issues he has he can get better/resolve positively quickly.

I wonder how long whatever it is has been happening. As far as I can tell he was playing very good to start the year, and eventually his play dropped off. Wonder if there's a connection, or if this just recent and he was just having a bad season for purely hockey reasons.

Reactions: llamateizer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad