Pre-Game Talk: Drop a deuce: Part Trois?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
How come I bet that the "influx of offense" addition will be Devin Shore because that is all Tippett thinks he has?

Rather than Ennis, or Bouchard.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Even if it has that affect, I'd just as soon play hard for a coach that actually seems like he cares about the outcome of the game and is willing to risk a fine. Tippett is content to go quietly into the night as his stars get hooked and held into oblivion.

I don't disagree with you about Tippett and his leadership. Two years straight he's coaching to get his team embarrassed out of the post season.

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don't disagree with you about Tippett and his leadership. Two years straight he's coaching to get his team embarrassed out of the post season.
I've never been a fan of this coach and he's certainly not proving me wrong. No matter what happens in this series he won't get fired but if this team doesn't win at least one game in this series he should be shown the door.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Kassian had his chance. He’s been utterly ineffective. Time to sit.

Hit the blender.

RNH - McDavid - Yamo
Kahun - Draisaitl - PJ
Shore - JJ - Chaisson
Nygard - Haas - Archi

Nurse - Barrie
Kulikov - Larsson
Jones - Bear

Interrssring. And the old fine Nygård Haas arch is a proven line.

The Kahun Drai Pulj line though. not so much chemistry going in there?

but the Nuge and yam thing may be worse. Two struugöing cold players

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
none of these guys move the needle
the only way the Oilers win the series is if McDavid and Draisaitl wake the f*** up...the rest is window dressing

Even if they some how eeked out a come from behind win against Winnipeg leaning only two players, they would get destroyed by Toronto playing that way in the 2nd round even without Tavares.

So maybe it's for the best they learn some cold, bitter truths now and stop kidding with themselves that this set up is in any way close to being successful for playoff hockey. It's not and if it's not they need to learn this now.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Even if they some how eeked out a come from behind win against Winnipeg leaning only two players, they would get destroyed by Toronto playing that way in the 2nd round even without Tavares.

So maybe it's for the best they learn some cold, bitter truths now and stop kidding with themselves that this set up is in any way close to being successful for playoff hockey. It's not and if it's not they need to learn this now.
I think 90% of people figure if the Oilers make it out of this series, they'd lose to the Leafs (if they beat the Habs)

you're not unearthing some major secrets about the Oilers

Reactions: jesusbuiltmyhotrod

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Kassian had his chance. He’s been utterly ineffective. Time to sit.

Hit the blender.

RNH - McDavid - Yamo
Kahun - Draisaitl - PJ
Shore - JJ - Chaisson
Nygard - Haas - Archi

Nurse - Barrie
Kulikov - Larsson
Jones - Bear

I like your top 6, but not those lines. JP, McDavid and Kahun were just fine.

I like your bottom six but I would still have someone else not named Nygard. Ennis maybe. I am not sure.

Defense is fine, but I would sure like to see what Bouchard can do against the Jets forecheck. Too bad Bouchard did not play more in the regular season to see what he could bring against a tight forechecking opponent.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
none of these guys move the needle
the only way the Oilers win the series is if McDavid and Draisaitl wake the f*** up...the rest is window dressing

They could wake up and it doesn't mean they won't need a depth goal or two.

Them waking up is just to win a game or two, the series means you need more.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Because it won't make things better, it'll likely make them worse because the Oilers aren't a darling team of the league. The refs will just say "f*** you" and will either a) call nothing at all or b) call ticky tack shit on them here on out.

As much as I want someone to call these pricks out from the team, I think it'll cause more damage than good.
This. Joanette, for example, doesn’t like being embarrassed. Call him out and that sob will swallow his whistle.

Reactions: TB12

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think 90% of people figure if the Oilers makes it out of this series, they'd lose to the Leafs (if they beat the Habs)

you're not unearthing some major secrets about the Oilers

Well that's why I'm not terribly stressed by this. Toronto would play the Oilers the exact same way, but they have more fire power and it would get ugly and this board would also be flooded with trolls coming to boast.

We're not ready for that, we can get into the playoffs, but thinking you're going to reliably beat anyone built as is or being cocky is stupid. This team is in reality up against a wall in a playoff round if the opposing coach does any home work on the group and game plans hard against them.

It's a two man team and even that is somewhat tenous, Draisaitl is hard pressed to do much without McDavid, I hate to say it, but the DRY line isn't doing shit this year, so I have to wonder if that was just a 25-30 game one off stretch that he can't replicate.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
They could wake up and it doesn't mean they won't need a depth goal or two.

Them waking up is just to win a game or two, the series means you need more.
I agree, but Shore, Ennis, Khaira, Haas, Turris..all these guys have an equal chance of scoring, one isn't better than the other...inserting Shore and Ennis doesn't do a lot IMO

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If I was calling the shots this would be my game 3 line-up:

Khaira-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Kahun-McLeod-Ennis
Archibald-Haas-P. Russell

Nurse-Barrie
Jones-Larsson
Koekkoek-Bouchard

Smith

PP1
RNH-Puljujarvi-McDavid-Draisaitl-Barrie

PP2
McLeod-Ennis-Yamamoto-Khaira-Bouchard

Give Connor 2 big bodied wingers to dig for the puck and crash the net while he sorts his game out.

Reunite the DRY line and hope that they can get on the board for us.

Swiss army knife and hard working line.

Speedy and skilled 3rd line to hopefully give the Jets fits.

On defense we insert 2 puck movers in Jones and Bouch. Bouchard's shot and passing is a huge upgrade on everyone not named Barrie and Nurse. We can toss him out with the lower lines to hopefully generate some offense.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Smitty for game 3 for sure, yeah?

Koskinen with his first shutout of the season on Monday to get the series even:naughty::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad