Pre-Game Talk: Drop a deuce: Part Trois?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Game 3: Sunday 5:30pm. Team could be out by end of long weekend if they don't quit dropping bombs.

Between the weather and the hockey, I think I'm going a bit berzerky.

Team must be watching their crypto accounts during games.

Last edited:
Reactions: DriveFor9th

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I bet Rnh will be on McDavid's wing.

Ennis should be playing. I thought him and Mcleod in that speedy line looked great.
Not sure though cause Tip is leaning totally into the toughness is #1 thing

Shore was hurt was he not? I think he'd be playing otherwise. I'd like to see Haas in there too.

Reactions: AT14C

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Game 3: Sunday 5:30pm. Team could be out by end of long weekend if they don't quit dropping bombs.

Between the weather and the hockey, I think I'm going a bit berzerky.

Team must be watching their crypto accounts during games.

The long weekend has a real suck feel to it so far. Between crypto and the Oilers, it hasn’t been a great few days. At least I’m pretty sure crypto will recover. Not sure about the Oilers.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
pretty wild the Oilers could be done before the long weekend is completed but here we are :laugh:
Oilers probably eek out a W in one of these games but Hellebuyck is too good, the Oilers are too shallow and the Jets have a template for beating them

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Hate to say this but I might actually skip this one. Better things to do on the May long with the weather finally looking nice.

Reactions: Duke74 and Mez

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
They should really give Bouchard a shot. If not on defense then as a forward. His puck moving ability and shot is something that we could really need right now. Also, I hope Ennis and Haas can sub in for some of our useless forwards (Kassian being one of them)

Reactions: The Safe Play

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't understand the hate Kassian is getting after this game. He's literally one of the few forwards finishing their checks on Jets defensemen. And looking at how shallow their unit is, that should be happening far more frequently.

This team needs to set the tone physically. If that means taking a few penalties, so be it. Allowing the refs to put their whistles away doesn't benefit the Edmonton Oilers, who possess strong units on both the PP and PK.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
They should really give Bouchard a shot. If not on defense then as a forward. His puck moving ability and shot is something that we could really need right now. Also, I hope Ennis and Haas can sub in for some of our useless forwards (Kassian being one of them)
Archibald - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Ennis - McLeod - Kahun/Neal
Khaira - Haas - Shore

Nurse - Barrie
Kulikov - Larsson
Koekkoek - Bouchard

I have no idea about at the bottom six, but I don't think Chiasson and Kassian should be playing on Sunday.

Reactions: The Safe Play

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Prove me wrong Tipp, but when Toronto had won those first 2 games in that middle stretch of the regular season and shut down the top line entirely he really didn't do jack to change anything for the third game, so I'm not expecting much.

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
hysjuqc5cpd11.jpg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Prove me wrong Tipp, but when Toronto had won those first 2 games in that middle stretch of the regular season and shut down the top line entirely he really didn't do jack to change anything for the third game, so I'm not expecting much.

True. And concerning. Our depth couldn’t find ways either.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Would help if we had a team actually built for that.
I don't think the Oilers are winning any street fights but they are perfectly capable of using their speed, throwing some hits, and driving the net. Hopefully they stop trying to re-invent how playoff games are won or we are gonna be sitting here saying it was a difference of a few tipped pucks, a hungrier team, and too much time off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad