Pre-Game Talk: Drop a deuce: Part Trois?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Ever hear of Geocaching? It’s when you Get the kids to go for a hike via a little treasure hunt, leave something in the little container and take something. Well today we sacrificed a fairly decent and valuable Connor mcdavid hockey card. Some lucky kid will find it and hopefully spread a little luck out to the hockey gods. We can only do what we can do... I hope they find a way to get haas back into the lineup.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I’m a firm believer in going with the team that got you to the dance. I’d also put Archibald with McDavid and JP. Archi needs to be told to play in straight lines- crash the net and crash the boards. McDavid needs to put everything on net. Our defencemen need to be told to limit D to D passes- move the puck up and put everything on net.

Also need to be loyal to the players that got you there- Shore, Haas need to go back in. Neal is doing nothing- but we all know Tipp is stubborn. Jones over 4K. I like 4K’s game- but he isn’t moving the puck up quick enough to the forwards. I’m also putting in Nygard- Winnipeg’s very mediocre dmen are having no issues moving the puck up- need some disruption to their transition game. I’d throw in Ennis as he has no issues getting greasy.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Am I crazy?

I'm watching Toronto, with Rasmus Sandin quarterbacking the top unit PP, he makes a mistake game 1, Leafs go back to him, he scores.

Evan Bouchard is better than Sandin no?

If Bouchard made a mistake he wouldn't play until 2022.

He was brutal last game. Good on Keefe for believing in him, I wouldn't have :laugh:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Interesting to note that Tippett benched Kahun first.

Kahun so far made the best forecheck in the series, which led to the first goal.

Promoting Kassian on that one shift is another reason why Dave is making me so mad.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'd try this out next game.

Archibald-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Ennis-RNH-Chiasson
McLeod-Khaira-Neal

Nurse-Barrie
Kulikov-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Am I crazy?

I'm watching Toronto, with Rasmus Sandin quarterbacking the top unit PP, he makes a mistake game 1, Leafs go back to him, he scores.

Evan Bouchard is better than Sandin no?

If Bouchard made a mistake he wouldn't play until 2022.

Have a look at TORs PP success this year before they put Sandin there and look at EDMs PP success this year without Bouchard

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
I just don't see how we can win against the Jets, it feels like the series against the Leafs. They knew how to play us and we have zero idea on what to do.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Have a look at TORs PP success this year before they put Sandin there and look at EDMs PP success this year without Bouchard

Well it's a good point that Edmonton's D-man really doesn't matter on their PP. Most of the success is McDavid + Draisaitl, specifically their down low and cross-ice seams.

After all, they were No.1 no matter who was at the top - Klefbom, Barrie, Nurse

I think my point is more look at the trust Trotz (Dobson) or Keefe (Sandin) or Ruff (Ty Smith) are putting in their young D knowing their development is crucial to being good long-term. They're not ALWAYS spoonfed top everything, but they're sprinkled in opportunities and get at least some kind of NHL minutes. These teams recognize their guy is one of the best 6D they can play.

We sat our guy for two months. Are we the smartest team in the league? Doubt it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Ennis-RNH-Chiasson
McLeod-Khaira-Neal

Nurse-Barrie
Kulikov-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard
It's Tippett. The odds of that happening are more astronomical than the Milky Way Galaxy.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Won’t even be around for this one :(

going to a friends house I haven’t seen since the start of Covid. He has no cable ugh. I’ll be watching on my phone though lol.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I’m a firm believer in going with the team that got you to the dance. I’d also put Archibald with McDavid and JP. Archi needs to be told to play in straight lines- crash the net and crash the boards. McDavid needs to put everything on net. Our defencemen need to be told to limit D to D passes- move the puck up and put everything on net.

Also need to be loyal to the players that got you there- Shore, Haas need to go back in. Neal is doing nothing- but we all know Tipp is stubborn. Jones over 4K. I like 4K’s game- but he isn’t moving the puck up quick enough to the forwards. I’m also putting in Nygard- Winnipeg’s very mediocre dmen are having no issues moving the puck up- need some disruption to their transition game. I’d throw in Ennis as he has no issues getting greasy.

That would be ideal, but like we all know.. Tipp is stubborn. Watch him just take out Kassian for Shore and do nothing else.

Reactions: foshizzle

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Ennis-RNH-Chiasson
McLeod-Khaira-Neal

Nurse-Barrie
Kulikov-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard

I agree the only option they have is to play the 3 NHL centres as centre.

We badly need a mismatch and if you're making 6m a year you should be expected to carry your line.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That would be ideal, but like we all know.. Tipp is stubborn. Watch him just take out Kassian for Shore and do nothing else.
That'd be a start at least.

Maybe by elimination Game 4 he'll finally put Ennis in and let Ennis/McLeod show that chemistry they had in all of 1 game before he broke up that line.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We should have been running 7 D and 12 F all freaking season, but what do I know.

This is even more true with the Jets playing a hard trap, because you need clean breakout passes to break that. Barrie is usually good for that, but he has been an absolute disaster so far. Might as well get Bouchard some playoff experience as well. We aren't winning this round anyhow, get the young guys who will maybe be back here again next year some playing time.

The Jets aren’t playing that kind of trap. (The clean break out pass) especially against McDavid.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
That'd be a start at least.

Maybe by elimination Game 4 he'll finally put Ennis in and let Ennis/McLeod show that chemistry they had in all of 1 game before he broke up that line.

The fact that he doesn't ice the best possible lineup is evident enough. If I see news of McDrai on the same line for tomorrow night, I'm gonna play video games instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad