Pre-Game Talk: Drop a deuce: Part Trois?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
hysjuqc5cpd11.jpg

7C95.gif

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
We fully expected this, going into Winnipeg 0-2. Both teams were superior road teams, and inferior home teams, all season. The Jets are seasoned playoff vets by now, with multiple runs the past few years, they taught this young team what playoff hockey is, and how it's going to be all the way to round 4. All the media and fans saying how easy this is going to be for Edmonton made me cringe, and it almost set us up for failure.

But these 2 losses, the way they lost, and to an experienced playoff team, is the best thing to happen to this young team. The playoff jitters and excitement is over, they'll go on the road with a do or die mentality. Game 3 will be the toughest game of the series imo, another overtime thriller. 'Connor McDavid.' that's the post game 3 headline. Still with the same prediction pre-playoff, Oilers in 6. Habs/Oilers round 2.

This is it, game 3. Keep the faith in this team, they've owned the Jets all season. I'm very confident they'll do it again the next 4 games. If I'm wrong, I'll change my profile pic to the Jets logo for the remainder of the playoffs.

We win game 3 and game 4, come back home all tied up

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Oh hurray... Why worry now? We have a fool's chance at winning this series at this point anyways.

Over the summer these players need to ask themselves:

At least I made plans to go camping these next couple days...

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Archibald - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Ennis - McLeod - Kahun/Neal
Khaira - Haas - Shore

Nurse - Barrie
Kulikov - Larsson
Koekkoek - Bouchard

I have no idea about at the bottom six, but I don't think Chiasson and Kassian should be playing on Sunday.

I could get behind this :nod:

Reactions: Del Preston

Oct 15, 2017
Poolman, Tominanto, Stasny.

I won't count open net goals.

Those 3 goals all pretty greasy because shots are coming from anywhere. Unfortunately same as Chicago series. Oilers d and fwds needs to start just trying to get pucks on net not looking for cross seam passes that aren't there.

Reactions: Duke74 and AT14C

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Khaira - Haas - Shore

Nurse - Barrie
Kulikov - Larsson
Koekkoek - Bouchard

I have no idea about at the bottom six, but I don't think Chiasson and Kassian should be playing on Sunday.

I could get behind something like this, though I wouldn't shake up the top 6 too much.

Overall the Oil haven't been bad, but two close loses in still two loses, and they need to find a why to generate more offence. Adding in Bouchard and Ennis would be decent solutions. Considering the Jets aren't really a team that lean on you, they don't need all 4 of Khaira, Neal, Kassian, and Chiasson dressed. Two is fine, especially when they've still got Nurse, Larsson, and even Kulikov on defence.

Kahun-McDavid-Pulju
RNH-Draisaitl-Yams
Ennis-Haas/McLeod-Neal
Haas/McLeod-Khaira-Archibald

Nurse-Barrie
Kulikov-Larsson
4K-Bouchard

Reactions: Del Preston

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
"Poolman" sounds like the perfect name for a Jim Carrie comedy series but I guess the laugh is on us.

The "Oiler grades" today in the Journal were interesting. I tend to agree with all of them except for Smith who deserved better than a 7. He stopped them all and then got beat when 2 veteran D-men couldn't get out of the way in OT. I also thought that for a raw rookie in a high pressure game McLeod wasn't bad but course its the long list of "can't find the net" vets who are the issue. I suspect that Alex has played his last game as an Oiler.

If I were starting (and picking) an NHL team from scratch then based on the last 2 games I would say Mc-D, Drai, Puls (and McLeod as a project). The rest all have serious issues-- too old, too soft, no hands, no boots, no work ethic etc. etc.

Well, we are not done yet but the fat lady is clearing her throat.

Oct 15, 2017
Oilers need to watch Colorado. They are not built to be defensive stalwarts, but their style of play is so high octane and so gogogo that it's aids in their defence.
They are built to move pucks and go fwd. That's the game the Oilers need to play. Why they are so tenantive is perplexing to me. They are playing like if they let 1 goal in the games over and I just don't think that's a winning attitude with this Oilers team. It's like they forgot their identity, just like they did with Chicago. Make the other team match your style not you matching theirs.

Reactions: TheNumber4

pls dont play bear

Apr 30, 2021
BEAR OVER BOUCHARD= JOKE
80% OF TEAM LAZY
if this team loses this series mark my post trade request coming
and if this team has any class left they will let them go to my new team:help:

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
The long weekend has a real suck feel to it so far. Between crypto and the Oilers, it hasn’t been a great few days. At least I’m pretty sure crypto will recover. Not sure about the Oilers.
I feel that way as well. Plus it's like minus degrees out.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
They sure didn't sound angry about losing.
When have you seen a player be angry after losing in public? Again with the BS trying to tell us how players are feeling, they are trained for years to deal with the media 1 way....just stop. it's a cool trick to know what other humans are feeling sitting your ass on your couch and nothing else.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Khaira - Haas - Shore

Nurse - Barrie
Kulikov - Larsson
Koekkoek - Bouchard

I like those forward lines but I'd like to keep McLeod in and play him with Ennis.

Barrie has been absolutely trash and needs to sit as well. Put bear with nurse and bouch with koekoek.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Could’ve fooled me. If they cared they go to the dirty areas and mix it up rather than playing this ice capades shit that isn’t working.

Well I guess they did fool you.

They lost in overtime to a team that has more depth, better coaching and arguably the best goaltender in the World.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Well I guess they did fool you.

They lost in overtime to a team that has more depth, better coaching and arguably the best goaltender in the World.
1 goal in two games after they couldn’t beat this team enough during the regular season. I’m not convinced this team even realizes that it’s the playoffs or that by losing last night they basically sealed their fate. One team clearly had a game plan, the other had its thumb up it’s ass.

And yes Hellbuyck is a great goalie but the sad thing is that he hasn’t needed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad