Who will score more goals this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Matthews.

Draisaitl should keep it close because of his inability to carry a line or produce without McDavid, resulting in him being force fed 25 mins a night with McDavid to produce.

Draisaitl centring his own line lasted what, half a game? He’s a great complimentary winger.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
I'm sure this thread is full of posters who didn't read the OP.

I believe Matthews will score more if he stays healthy this year. If I had to put money down, I'd go with Draisaitl though.

This is about goals not points.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
well considering that he's also getting 3 minutes more per game thus far at ES and a minute more on the PP I would say it definitely a factor for his increased production (riding shotgun to McDavid being the other)
It may surprise you to learn that playing more tough minutes doesn’t always equate to more points. Drai is a work horse that can still perform well with those tough minutes added on. Not many NHL players can handle that.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
5 elite players + making playoffs every year >>> 1 world class player and making the playoffs once every decade
Just imagine if you had a McDavid and a Draisaitl on your team instead of Matthews and Marner, you might actually make it out of the first round.

They'd be the best and 2nd best players on your roster, even with those 2.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Whenever I see those silly LD > Matthew's posts, always amusing to see the fact they're two draft classes apart seems to fly over the heads of so many people, or perhaps is conveniently ignored.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Toronto fans actually getting to see a world class/elite player would actually be pretty cool for them

This post makes no sense. We have five elite players on our team. Just because there's no Leaf on McDavid's level doesn't mean the team lacks high-end talent. On the contrary, there is a plethora of it.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
goals
Matthews 7
Draisaitl 4

30+ goal seasons
Matthews 3/3
Draisaitl 1/5

playoff appearances
Matthews 3/3
Draisaitl 1/5

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This post makes no sense. We have five elite players on our team. Just because there's no Leaf on McDavid's level doesn't mean the team lacks high-end talent. On the contrary, there is a plethora of it.

its the ol "our team is terrible but at least we have the best player in the world" argument.

Edmonton has 2 elite players, both forwards. Leafs have 3 elite forwards, an elite dman, and an elite goalie

oilers start off with a few wins and the fans come out of hiding. they will miss the playoffs again. James Neal isn't gonna get 125 goals

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Good poll, I'll go with Drai since Auston hasn't played a full season lately. Could go either way though if Matthews stays healthy all season long.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Toronto fans actually getting to see a world class/elite player would actually be pretty cool for them

Kawhi Leonard?

Edmonton fans actually getting to see a world class player deliver their city a championship in over 30 years would be pretty cool instead of wasting his talent and picking in the lottery.

Reactions: dubey

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'm sure this thread is full of posters who didn't read the OP.

I believe Matthews will score more if he stays healthy this year. If I had to put money down, I'd go with Draisaitl though.

This is about goals not points.

This is how I feel, except I think Austin is going to play 75+ games so I took him.

He is also my choice for the Richard.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Kawhi Leonard?

Edmonton fans actually getting to see a world class player deliver their city a championship in over 30 years would be pretty cool instead of wasting his talent and picking in the lottery.

Seriously? The leafs haven’t won anything in 53 years lol.

Reactions: ChokeOnOil

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
I think the announcer during tonight's game said something like "18 goals for Matthews' in his last 19 october games".

If only auston could score like this all season and not just october.

Healthy I'd say matthews will score more. But, I'd say theres a ~35% chance he misses a handful of games so it's close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad