Draft Lottery Night!!! (Devils win, move up to #4)

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Congrats Jersey. Glad things worked out for your team and mine. Hopkins in Oil silks, Couturier a Devil? That's how I see it panning out.

Zajac and Couturier - two guys who can put up 30-30 seasons and be potential Selke candidates. Sounds like Jersey type of team.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When you really evaluate life, this is the only way it the lottery could have ended.

DevilzFan

PS3 GM Conn. Oilers
Feb 4, 2010
Jersey
www.cobraisland.com
A couple of them were already smug in this thread. I really don't want to have them trumpet from their high horse saying how much they "deserved" it because they were the only team who tried to win and didn't tank.

I don't think they "deserved" it. But I will agree they certainly did not try to tank. They are too proud of a franchise for that.

This is the year the NHL needs to confiscate the Devils' 1st rounder.

Just sayin'.

Too bad the NHL has no say. The ruling was that the Devils would choose which year to give up the pick.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
This draft lottery is stupid, no excitement with only the teams from 4-6 moving around a little. It's hard to get excited about the draft lottery, wow the #2 gets #1 at best (and the chances of it are happening are low). U Mad? Yes I am, not a Sens fan at though.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
First, I'm a Habs fan, but Ottawa is my 2nd favorite team of all time. I've been to my first nhl game at the Corel Center and since then, I like them. Being out of the top 5, they're going to miss on the player they've wanted and I think that Gabriel Landeskof could have been an excellent player for Ottawa. Under Alfie's leadership, he could have been the next Captain in line too. Anyways, I hope Couturier falls to you guys.

Okay? I don't think Landeskog is making it to fifth. At fifth it was going to be one of Strome, Huberdeau or Couturier. At 6th it will be one of Strome, Huberdeau or Couturier.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
WOW... didn't see that coming, I see NYI and then I go who won then my jaw drops when It was NeW jErSeY??? :amazed:

1. Edmonton - Larsson
2. Colorado - Landeskog (NO MORE CENTERS)
3. Florida - RNH
4. NJD - Couturier
5. NYI - Hamilton (I see them trading down though)

I'm happy Boston didn't get jumped and they can get Zibanejad at 9 (assuming he does not go higher)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I don't think they "deserved" it. But I will agree they certainly did not try to tank. They are too proud of a franchise for that.

I agree that the Devils didn't try to tank. In fact, I was quite impressed with their second half run.

It's the borderline trolling of accusing the other teams of intentionally losing that I don't think is cool. And I'm not trying to lump an entire fanbase off of the actions of a few... but it's the select few that will be most obnoxious about it.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It's a bitter pill to swallow after a nightmare season and with the way the lottery is done it made us think we moved up to #1.

Believe me, I thought you guys had won it too and was angry for 5 seconds as a result, but the difference between 5th and 6th seems to be insignificant this year. I wouldn't be breaking stuff if I was a Sens fan.

nowayguy

Maybe Next Year
May 31, 2009
Why would boston draft another center?

I think the B's are in a place where they can go BPA. If the scouts say Zibanejad, then they go with him. Depending on how versatile they see him (and other current Bruins players and prospects) he could definitely be the choice.

4thliner*

A couple of them were already smug in this thread. I really don't want to have them trumpet from their high horse saying how much they "deserved" it because they were the only team who tried to win and didn't tank.

Ottawa didn't tank either and deserved good Karma for their elite play in the last 2 months of the season. But Jersey was BY FAR the worst team in the NHL in the 1st half of the season.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

1. Edmonton: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Colorado: Adam Larsson
3. Florida: Gabriel Landeskog
4. New Jersey: Sean Couturier
5. New York: Ryan Murphy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad