Draft Lottery Night!!! (Devils win, move up to #4)

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

It's tonight guys!!!

Here's the odds of first overall:

48.2% - Edmonton Oilers
18.8% - Colorado Avalanche
14.2% - Florida Panthers
10.7% - New York Islanders
8.1% - Ottawa Senators

Here's the odds of winning:

25.0% - Edmonton Oilers
18.8% - Colorado Avalanche
14.2% - Florida Panthers
10.7% - New York Islanders
8.1% - Ottawa Senators
6.2% - Atlanta Thrashers
4.7% - Columbus Blue Jackets
3.6% - New Jersey Devils
2.7% - Boston Bruins (From Toronto)
2.1% - Minnesota Wild
1.5% - St. Louis Blues
1.1% - Carolina Hurricanes
0.8% - Calgary Flames
0.5% - Dallas Stars

Uh... PS... Anybody have a stream that this could be on? I'll be gone from a TV :(

Makkeli

May 1, 2009
Finland
Yep, i would love one stream too, in Finland there isn't anything on tv or something. And does it start 8.00 ET? So it's 3.00am in Finland :laugh:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=559099&navid=DL|NHL|home

The National Hockey League Draft Drawing, a weighted system to determine the order of selection for the first 14 picks of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, will take place Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET, and fans can watch it streamed live on NHL.com in the U.S.

Not sure what that means for people not in the US(I am guessing somebody will stream it somewhere). In Canada I assume it will be streamed on the TSN site

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I think it would be fitting if New Jersey won the lottery to move up 4 spots since they obviously don't give a **** about draft positioning given their second half and trying to win against Boston knowing they would drop from 6th to 8th.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think it would be fitting if New Jersey won the lottery to move up 4 spots since they obviously don't give a **** about draft positioning given their second half and trying to win against Boston knowing they would drop from 6th to 8th.

Blues, Islanders and Ottawa also were strong down the stretch and lost spots.

Personally, I don't really know why sucking early would be more honorable than sucking late and somehow should be rewarded by lottery luck.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
I don't think it matters if colorado goes 1st and edmonton goes 2nd imo. I think col is gonna be pick larsson no matter what, and edm will pick nugent-hopkins no matter what.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I can't explain, but I have a feeling Florida's going to get it. The last time they won the lottery was 2003, and they've struggled for quite a while. I just think the wheels of fate make it their time.

Edit: I'll add that good luck to all teams though. With the troubles the Kings have had in the recent past, this is an exciting time, and the most fun until the draft. I hope the Kings don't have a lottery anytime soon.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

Personally, I don't really know why sucking early would be more honorable than sucking late and somehow should be rewarded by lottery luck.
So they were on 118 point pace for the second half of the season? I just hate this time of season, teams tanking just shows their lack of integrity.

Also, your second point makes little sense. Nobody tries to suck early in the season while many do so in the late going.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I think you will see most lists when the season is over have the same 8 guys ranked in the top 8. that being said I could see one of the 2 defensemen(Murphy or Hamilton) falling to Boston if they want to pick them

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA

Well, I think it does matter, especially when a team is scraping for a playoff spot and once eliminated they go on a long losing streak. Kind of smells fishy.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Well, I think it does matter, especially when a team is scraping for a playoff spot and once eliminated they go on a long losing streak. Kind of smells fishy.

Only if you are prone to conspiracy theories. Some of the bad teams went on winning streaks late and some didn't. Expecting all of them to have a great second half to somehow prove that they aren't tanking is unrealistic. Remember, we are talking about the worst teams in the league here. Chances are a few of them will be the worst down the stretch too.

F127

Feb 10, 2007

I think GM's have to take a look at their roster and where they are in the standings at a certain point leading up to the trade deadline and unload some UFA's to get a return on players but do you really think players and coaches tank? lol

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Only if you are prone to conspiracy theories. Some of the bad teams went on winning streaks late and some didn't. Expecting all of them to have a great second half to somehow prove that they aren't tanking is unrealistic. Remember, we are talking about the worst teams in the league here. Chances are a few of them will be the worst down the stretch too.
1 - 6 - 3 Columbus
1 - 7 - 1 Florida
2 - 8 - 0 Colorado
2 - 6 - 2 Edmonton

They are not normal ratios

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I think GM's have to take a look at their roster and where they are in the standings at a certain point leading up to the trade deadline and unload some UFA's to get a return on players but do you really think players and coaches tank? lol
The GM will put the team in the right situation to tank. Coaches and players for the most part are playing for contracts or jobs.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
And Devils first half was filled with normal ratios, you mean?
Yes, going into the season with a top line of Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk NJ thought to themselves....Larsson would look might fine on the Devils. Nobody sets themselves up for failure at the start of the season....late in the season they most certainly do.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
I actually have a good feeling for tonight. But I'm gonna say that Oilers keep it, even if I think it's unlikely that they'll keep it again. I wish the other teams good luck tonight, it's gonna be exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad