Brad Marchand - Greatest Contract Of All Time?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Marchand is under a tremendous contract, but Crosby at $8.7M since 2008, spanning two contracts (2008-2013 and 2013-2025), is better.

Not by much, though. Marchand gets underrated, I think. If you prioritize clutch play when it really counts, he's one of the very best players in the game. He rarely shows up in those conversations, though.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Just over 6M a year for 8 years for a warrior, leader, and someone who saves his absolute best for the playoffs.

Does it get better than this?
He might even be the best “rat” of all time, with the skill set he brings. Ken Linseman, might have coined the term, but Marchand has perfected it.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Marchand is a stinker! But darn it, if ya don't gotta give him his due. He's already a great player, that steps up in big moments. But thrown in this unbelievable value -vs- production, that's become an insane contract. He's been captain-like since getting that gig too...

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
This thread - worst take of all time?

Marchand is a great contract for Boston but ludicrous to call it best of all time.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He's got more Cups and Finals appearances than the Canucks franchise...

More cups, debut unless he's been to 4 finals, I don't think that's true.

For the bruins, there was vancouver, Chicago, and st Louis. Which one am I forgetting?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I’m a habs fan and I don’t hate him.

I *secretly* respect him.

Yep, Leafs fan here and he's one of my fav players. If I hate anything it's the fact that he plays for Boston and is making $5M less than Marner and Tavares
Geez - you guys are really taking all the fun out of this. Can't you give me and my fellow Bruin fans just one " ... and I wouldn't want him on my team even if he played for free " comment. :laugh:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He's easy to hate, but no one can deny that Marchy is a great Captain. Gritty, tough, and high energy and skill. Dude leads from the front and as a Bruins fan I'm enjoying his Captaincy so far.
and no one can deny the title of this thread.
Take all the 6 million a year players in the league ..... and then make a list of those better than Marchand. There is no list.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Brodeur had an history of quite reasonable contract:

Even the first season of a fully new fresh contract, after season where he was 1-1-2 at the vezina and would win the next 2:
#31 in the nhl in salary, #6 among goaltender.

Considering how low Devils number 2-3 goaltender could be paid with how many game Brodeurs played...

Marchand is up there with how little you need to do versus what he bring to make more than him these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad