Draft Lottery Night!!! (Devils win, move up to #4)

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Menwithouthat tricks

Dec 25, 2002
Visit site
Explain to me your love for Hamilton please!

He's just the right guy for the Isles - they're solid on forwards,they need to be able to clear the crease, and they can't sighn top free agents. Strome, Huberdeau and Murphy are all high risk; the Isles are in a position where they can take more of a sure solid RD pick.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
He's just the right guy for the Isles - they're solid on forwards,they need to be able to clear the crease, and they can't sighn top free agents. Strome, Huberdeau and Murphy are all high risk; the Isles are in a position where they can take more of a sure solid RD pick.

I wouldn't call someone like Hamilton a crease clearer. IF they want that drop back to 10 and take Siemens

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
_JnL8Z.gif

ledzep1212

COYB
Apr 5, 2007
Lindenhurst
Florida doesn't have any good centerman and even less in their prospect pool. Dale Tallon will love to have a guy like Sean Couturier. Seems to me like the perfect fit for the Panthers.

I am going to **** absolute bricks if Landeskog or Larsson fall to the ****ing Devils.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Florida doesn't have any good centerman and even less in their prospect pool. Dale Tallon will love to have a guy like Sean Couturier. Seems to me like the perfect fit for the Panthers.

Yeah I feel that way too.. But my gut feeling is this is how it's going to pan out

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
My guess:

1. Edm: RNH
2. Avs: Larsson
3. Ottawa (trade up): Landeskog
4. Devils: Couturier
5. Islanders: Huberdeau
6. Florida (trade down): Strome

Retail1LO*

Yeah I agree. But for Florida to have this great defensive prospect pool already + having a Couturier and Bjugstad as their 1-2 centerman + Markstrom as their #1 goalie...damn the future is bright in Florida under Dale Tallon.

Yeah...as long as he remembers to send out QO's.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Murray pretty much let everybody know he wanted Landeskog.

Well everybody on HF boards who knows that it's been leaked that they're very high on him.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Believe me, I thought you guys had won it too and was angry for 5 seconds as a result, but the difference between 5th and 6th seems to be insignificant this year. I wouldn't be breaking stuff if I was a Sens fan.

How wonderfully level-headed of you to say as a ******* HABS FAN!!!:rant:

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
My prediction:

EDM: Nugent-Hopkins
COL: Larsson
FLO: Landeskog
NJ: Couturier
NYI: Hamilton/Huberdeau/Strome

fazon

Oct 17, 2010
1. Edmonton: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Colorado: Adam Larsson
3. Florida: Gabriel Landeskog
4. New Jersey: Sean Couturier
5. New York: Ryan Murphy

Agreed as well. Too early to tell but if this order to change, it would probably be RNH and Larsson switching places.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

A little OT but how is Hamonic/Ness looking for the Islanders?

De Haan too..

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Yeah I agree. But for Florida to have this great defensive prospect pool already + having a Couturier and Bjugstad as their 1-2 centerman + Markstrom as their #1 goalie...damn the future is bright in Florida under Dale Tallon.

Florida is in desperate need of a star forward. Problem with Couturier is I think he will make a great #2C(which is perfect if you have a good #1 guy or star wingers), but I am not sure he is #1C star centerman material which the Panthers desperately need. If I had to think of a perfect match of a player for a team who needs them I think it would be RNH, but he most likely will be gone at 3

I've seen Islanders play a bunch of times this year and Hamonic looked VERY good.

Basing it on his performance in 60+ games I think Hamonic is already a good second pairing defenseman with the potential to be a great #2 guy. One thing that makes drafting defensemen so hard early in the first is it's much easier to find good defefensemen then good forwards in the second round(same can't be said for finding forwards in the second round)

Last edited:

Charlie Milles*

New Jersey trolls again! :laugh:

Penalized for the Kovalchuck contract, you say?

images

petrocelli

I love the Draft!!
Jan 5, 2009
Couturier just seems like a perfect fit for the Devils, so this is how I see it:

Oilers: RNH

Colorado: Larsson

Florida: Landeskog

Devils: Couturier

Islanders: Huberdeau or Strome.... something tells me the Isles scouts will love one of these two kids and they go forward one more time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad