Doughty calls out Canucks: embarrassing to lose 8-2 to “a team like that.”

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Man western Canada is going to hate doughty more than they hated kesler at the rate he is going.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This is how I took it when saw the clip....

I don't think he was swiping the team in the sense the Canucks should not be able to beat em... Just the Canucks shouldn't have been able to put up a snowman on them like they did.

And he's kinda right.

I just hope the Canucks show this game wasn't a one off... show that depth and defensive scoring is a thing this yr. That way, next time the Canucks put up a 8 spot on the Kings this year, he won't be as discombobulated.
Agreed. Canucks are not TB.

And it’s more than just that game for DD. Lost in Edm despite getting gift wrapped 2 goals by smith. And blew a 3-0 lead which hurts their tie breaker which for them is more about making or not making the playoffs rather than just seeding.

Doesn’t want the rails to come off in week 1.

But deep down he knows the situation the kings are in.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
why are you calm and rational? i don't like this

As I'm Canadian, I apologize.

The Kings are basically the Canucks in the 2013-15 era. Right off success where they were winning games by blowouts to losing more games than not, with some of the team not willing to accept that the team they're on a team that is no longer a cup contender. If it sounds reasonable, it's because I lived through those years just a little while ago.

Doughty shouldn't have implied that the Canucks aren't a good team as it's not a diplomatic way of putting it down. Yesterday's game was when the Canucks got the bounces (e.g. Miller's goal) and the Kings didn't. But he did call out his team for not playing well, even though it didn't help that anytime the Kings scored, the Canucks answered right back less than a couple minutes later in both goals. Quick was the main reason the Kings lost, but you can't call out your own goalie for being bad because the team will lose faith in him.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
I love it, i wish there wasnt some weird rule that u had to win a cup or have elite production to talk **** without old media heads talking bad about you. Either way im glad Doughty has the creds and balls to bring some storylines into the league.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Doughty seems to be either trolling or incensed. There is no middle ground with him.

giphy.gif

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Agreed. Canucks are not TB.

And it’s more than just that game for DD. Lost in Edm despite getting gift wrapped 2 goals by smith. And blew a 3-0 lead which hurts their tie breaker which for them is more about making or not making the playoffs rather than just seeding.

Doesn’t want the rails to come off in week 1.

But deep down he knows the situation the kings are in.
Don't need to look too deep. He knows, he's just loses his shit a lot.

Do you think this rebuild is going to take a little bit longer than people thought?
“I think about it every day, but I really don’t know what to say,” Doughty said. “I don’t want to get myself in crap or anything. I just want to bring this team back to where we used to be and the past in the past. We’re a new team. We’re rebuilding. We’re going to be younger.
“We shouldn’t be surprised if we make trades this year. Whatever happens, happens. We just got to be better.”
Doughty doesn’t self-edit much. But the player who is appreciated for unflinching honesty was walking a linguistic tightrope on Friday.
There is the simple fact that the rebuild is going on, coinciding with the first year of his self-negotiated eight-year, $88 million contract extension.
“I signed here because I like being in L.A. and I want to make this team a Stanley Cup champion again, and that’s all I can say,” Doughty said.

'We shouldn't be surprised if we make trades': Drew Doughty...

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Doughty's a beauty, but this after saying the Kings have been **** for 4 year or whatever, and then they get drubbed 8-2 and he says the other team sucks...oh well
just emotional because he cares I guess

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Well I for one enjoyed watching the Queens get **** on and then having Nancy Drew throw a tantrum.:popcorn:

Ah yes, let's equate him and his team to women for a musty old misogynistic burn in the year of our lord 2019. Is that the best you can bring? Up your game - dig a little.

Reactions: rumrokh

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Reaaaaally wish the thread title was changed to match context instead of being clickbait intended to draw the wrong intention but maybe that's just me.

"Doughty calls out canucks" is absolute garbage, but I guess when the local media does it, it's hard to come up with your own interpretation...

Last edited:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I simply think he means that they shouldn't lose 8-2 against a team which is not IMO a cup contender or any close.

Reactions: bouncesonly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad