Doughty calls out Canucks: embarrassing to lose 8-2 to “a team like that.”

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
"A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 8-2"

Emphasis mine, for all of you that have reading comprehension problems.

This is how I took it when saw the clip....

I don't think he was swiping the team in the sense the Canucks should not be able to beat em... Just the Canucks shouldn't have been able to put up a snowman on them like they did.

And he's kinda right.

I just hope the Canucks show this game wasn't a one off... show that depth and defensive scoring is a thing this yr. That way, next time the Canucks put up a 8 spot on the Kings this year, he won't be as discombobulated.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I mean he’s kind of right. It might be one thing to give up 8 goals to Tampa Bay, but you definitely shouldn’t to Vancouver.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Doughty is not even calling out the Canucks. He's simply saying they shouldn't have lost to a weak team in a 8-2 manner. Might want to change the thread title.

He's essentially calling out his own team more than anything.

As a Canucks fan, I have no problem with what he said. His comments are generally entertaining.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
"a team like that"

What about your team Doughty? Wasnt such a good one last year. Even said it himself. New year means new things can happen. Who knows, maybe JT Miller leads the Canucks to the cup!

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Well he can dish it out but has a hard time taking it lol trolls Flames fans after OT winner but then gets embarrassed in Vancouver... touché!

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
"We need more personality in the NHL!"
"No, stop!"

“the nhl needs personality”

“not when doughty does it though”

While there are a few people who think players should keep their mouths shut, I think the majority here find Doughty's antics entertaining, but also think he's wrong. You can be in favor of personality and still openly disagree when people with personality spout dumb garbage.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Well with Tkachuk in their head for their game the night before that was their Stanley Cup Final and most important game of the year to them so I'm not surprised that after such a high in Game 2 of the season that they crashed the next game. They're probably all hungover and checked out now.
You guys paraded around 17th ave sw to a 4-3 loss, now taking shots at a team who got just got Khabib smesh’d and piggybacking the Canucks victory. A Canucks victory. No pride.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Meanwhile, a fan will angrily type the same thing on these boards, but it’s okay. DD is frustrated and says the same thing, he’s in the wrong lol.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Love Drew as a player but last few years he is talking way too much. He should really shut up and start earning his salary for the Kings. Stop getting into childish arguments with opposing players, and disrespecting other NHL teams. Canucks actually look better than the Kings. He's probably just talking shit for jokes but he has to step up now. Lead by example instead of insulting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad