Doughty calls out Canucks: embarrassing to lose 8-2 to “a team like that.”

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hate to tell you this Drew, but the Kings are "a team like that" having watched both the Vancouver and Edmonton losses. LA is very much "a team like that" and the Canucks should have been embarrassed if they'd lost to them.

Reactions: haveandare

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Why do you think he's a *****ebag?

There's no way they are going to be a better team than us by the end of the season." -- Kings defenseman Drew Doughty on the Golden Knights

Las Vegas swept the kings in round 1.

"

also stuff like this

this one is mere trash talking probably happens more often then never.

The Douchebagery is all the charts.

but I personally don't have an issue with the comments. His team shouldn't be losing 8-2 to anyone even a bad team. I find it rather funny actually. he does have a hot wife.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Maybe should have kept his mouth shut when his team hired a coach so incompetent it was a blatant attempt to tank for a better pick just last season. There will be a lot of teams beating the Kings that badly.,

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Oh Drew, you poor thing.

Frankly I couldn't give a crap what he thinks about our team. It's how he views his own team that's a shame.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I feel like Doughty has been really overcompensating for how badly the Kings suck these days.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I love to dislike Doughty, but realistically there is nothing wrong with his statement.

I think to quote "a team like that" is placing misplaced emphasis - rather it should be we shouldn't "lose 8-2 to a team" like that.

The misplaced modifier... gets even the best of us.

We shouldnt lose like that, 8-2 to a team. Sounds a bit better

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Opposing players should ask if he's taking a run at the green jacket again this season. He was so close last season. I think he can pull it off this time.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
There's no way they are going to be a better team than us by the end of the season." -- Kings defenseman Drew Doughty on the Golden Knights

Las Vegas swept the kings in round 1.

"

also stuff like this

this one is mere trash talking probably happens more often then never.

The *****ebagery is all the charts.

but I personally don't have an issue with the comments. His team shouldn't be losing 8-2 to anyone even a bad team. I find it rather funny actually. he does have a hot wife.

Just to be clear, you’ve determined that Doughty is a douchebag because of on-ice chirps, including saying the phrase, “Buddy, you suck at hockey.”

Got it.

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
As a Canucks fan I agree with him. No team in the NHL should lose to the Canucks (or any team really) 8-2 and he has every right to be embarrassed. He isn't saying they shouldn't have lost, he's saying they shouldn't have been routed like that.
Everyone agrees with him to the point where it literally goes without saying that you shouldn’t be loosing by 6. That’s why nobody else actually bothered saying it.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Sure. But even if I think Doughty is a knob, BUT he speaks his mind, I actually support him, because I'm infinitely more sick and tired of the clichées, than Doughty speaking his mind.
I respect that he speaks his mind, I just don’t respect what he says. :laugh:

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016
The Kings were the worst team in the West last year and aren't gonna be much better this year.

It's the delusion and denial from Nancy Drew that makes this funny. They got absolutely SPANKED by a better team. The score was predictable, not an abnormality. :laugh:

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
NHL needs more personalities like Drew Doughty. This would be like the 20th headline on a regular week in the NBA.

Not these robotic NHL vibes

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Hey Drew Pouty ...
NastyRemarkableGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad