News Article: Dorion: We’re going to take a big step forward this year

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I don’t get why he’s putting undue pressure on...

We’ve not improved, and we’re going to be shit.

All of us are smart enough to expect 31st so he’s clearly trying to appeal to the casual fan with this rubbish he’s chatting.

Finally, for someone so glued up on drafting... he knows this year could be a winner.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I say this about myself every year.

Let's hope it turns out differently for the Senators.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I think Brown sees the money signs and a 50 point season followed by a 60-70 point year and he’s cashing in

6’6 230lbs... other then a defensive god like Bergeron or a monster like Barkov... he’ll have 4 inches and 20-30lbs on every center that matches up against him

Big centers are a rare commodity in the NHL
It’s why Kevin Hayes cashed in

Other then Byfield... there’s no young giant centers out there 22 or under
I've been watching brown a bit in belleville. I predict that he dissapoints at the nhl level and is thrown into a trade package as a sweetener at the deadline or next year's draft. I guess time will tell!

Reactions: Rand0m

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I've been watching brown a bit in belleville. I predict that he dissapoints at the nhl level and is thrown into a trade package as a sweetener at the deadline or next year's draft. I guess time will tell!

He just had a monster summer with a new trainer and is 6’6 230lbs with very little body fat...

There’s nobody in the organization that can match him physically

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
He just had a monster summer with a new trainer and is 6’6 230lbs with very little body fat...

There’s nobody in the organization that can match him physically
But he's not an overly physical player, so i'm not sure how much that will factor in. He reminds me of spezza at times. Big guy that occasionally makes spectacular plays but otherwise you dont hear his name that much. Seems to be the exact opposite type of player from what the org is targetting right now.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
But he's not an overly physical player, so i'm not sure how much that will factor in. He reminds me of spezza at times. Big guy that occasionally makes spectacular plays but otherwise you dont hear his name that much. Seems to be the exact opposite type of player from what the org is targetting right now.

He's not a physical player in terms of punishing other players but how many skill guys are? That size will be difficult to defend

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

Count me in the wait and see camp for sure.

I get the optimism over the size Brown brings. However I was trying to recall if the NHL has ever seen a dominant skilled #1C at 6'6 or higher.

All of the super skilled 'big' dominant centres people usually think of are around 6"4.

Thornton, Kopitar, Barkov, Malkin , Getzlaf

Classic: Lemieux , Lindros, Beliveau etc etc

Obviously someone is always going to be first, I just don't think we've ever seen someone at that height bring the true top end of skill. They have ended up like a Bryan Boyle big man.

Reactions: Rand0m and Cosmix

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
He's not a physical player in terms of punishing other players but how many skill guys are? That size will be difficult to defend
But hes also not a malkin type of player thats going to steamroll guys physically with the puck on his stick. Or a crosby possession type that you can't push off the puck. He doesnt engage physically much in either a defensive or offensive context. That applies to both hits and puck battles. Hes more of a shifty passer and fancy stick guy like spezz.

I just dont see him being the style of player that can put his size to good use.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
But hes also not a malkin type of player thats going to steamroll guys physically with the puck on his stick. Or a crosby possession type that you can't push off the puck. He doesnt engage physically much in either a defensive or offensive context. That applies to both hits and puck battles. Hes more of a shifty passer and fancy stick guy like spezz.

I just dont see him being the style of player that can put his size to good use.

Alexei Yashin did not steamroll people and he put up some pretty good numbers

Browns game compares well to Yashin

Sens

Jan 7, 2016

I get the optimism over the size Brown brings. However I was trying to recall if the NHL has ever seen a dominant skilled #1C at 6'6 or higher.

All of the super skilled 'big' dominant centres people usually think of are around 6"4.

Obviously someone is always going to be first, I just don't think we've ever seen someone at that height bring the true top end of skill. They have ended up like a Bryan Boyle big man.

Kevin Hayes is 6’5 and just signed a pretty nice contract... his numbers are without much PP time too

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Iam on the fence with Brown as well,the kid has skill for sure...Hopefully he can learn to put that huge frame to good use,otherwise at the nhl level he wont be able to buy time to use that skill

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Peak Daze was pretty darn good before his back gave out on him.

Drop an inch and at 6'5 you have Sundin Arnott Maholovich Wheeler

Last edited:

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

I hope we finish last. But it's nice to see DJ talk about how important the development of the young players is. Complete 360 from Boucher. Excited to watch this team this year, hopefully we lose a lot of close games.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

I hope we finish last. But it's nice to see DJ talk about how important the development of the young players is. Complete 360 from Boucher. Excited to watch this team this year, hopefully we lose a lot of close games.

Hahaha, love that stuff. I’m looking forward to camp!

Was a long summer, hockey drama-wise, looking forward to getting back to watching hockey

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Looks like maybe... maybe some new outlook on the media for this team.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Would be nice this year, but doubtful. Should know the direction on September 15th.

That's the thing, the longer it gets delayed the more fans will compare it to the karlsson/stone situation. Signing him now will actually go a big way in bringing back a large portion of the fan base

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
That's the thing, the longer it gets delayed the more fans will compare it to the karlsson/stone situation. Signing him now will actually go a big way in bringing back a large portion of the fan base
Chabot will most likely bet on himself and play out the full season and discuss a contract extension next summer.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Chabot will most likely bet on himself and play out the full season and discuss a contract extension next summer.

And then you have Sens fans including me dealing with an offer sheet threat loaded with signing bonuses, followed by Chabots character assassination

I rather overpay Chabot now and play it safe. Build back the trust and the fan base

Reactions: Rand0m

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The goal of this season is to finish dead last and hopefully win the lottery. If Dorion is insinuating that he's going to push this team to make the Playoffs as a 'bubble' team then he must be out of his damn mind. I'll fly from LA down to Kanata to get his ass out of town
Dorian can "want" to push for the playoffs all he wants.. the team he has assembled is not a playoff team. or a bubble team

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad