News Article: Dorion: We’re going to take a big step forward this year

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
It seems as if most players don't want to leave their first team.

It's pretty natural - they don't have any basis for comparison and they are treated so much better than they are in Junior or overseas, even if it might fall short of other NHL teams.

However, once they do, it's seems to be much easier for them to keep moving on.

It's the same any field. I'm in software, and I was pretty attached to my first company even though in hindsight it was a total shitshow. It felt sentimental to me because it was a smallish company who I had deep ties to and had poured most of what I had into it for 3.5 years. I truly believed we could do something special there. It was really hard for me to face the reality that it wasn't going to happen and that leaving was the best thing for me professionally. Even though I knew I needed to move on to better my skillset, deep down I still wished it could work out there.

Once I left and took a position in my new company (which was miles better at basically everything) I wondered how I had stayed there so long. Won't be nearly as hard for me to jump again when I feel like it's time to do so, because I'm going to know that feeling of "it's time to move on", and how to handle it.

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Is something different about this message? Is he actually listening to us?

Thats actually not an accurate quote, he said that they will be in the mix this year and then doubled down on it with his interview with Lloyd and AJ. They asked him if the Werenski deal was a break through , Dorion refused to acknowledge that they asked if the extension on the CBA had anything to do with that. Dorion refused to acknowledge that too and he said no basically this was all us.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thats actually not an accurate quote, he said that they will be in the mix this year and then doubled down on it with his interview with Lloyd and AJ. They asked him if the Werenski deal was a break through , Dorion refused to acknowledge that they asked if the extension on the CBA had anything to do with that. Dorion refused to acknowledge that too and he said no basically this was all us.

Oh.. ok... I was a little hopeful that the tune had changed to a more humble realistic one.
I am a long way from being or becoming a Dorion supporter but.. I'll give him the thumbs up on getting the Chabot deal done a year out and at great value imo.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->