News Article: Dorion: We’re going to take a big step forward this year

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
https://www.tsn.ca/pierre-dorion-ottawa-senators-feel-connor-brown-can-regain-20-goal-form-1.1356558

“Heading to camp I feel we’re a better team,” Dorion added. “First and foremost, I think the personnel changes that we made are more reflective to the type of team that we want to be.

As a reminder, the personnel changes we made since the start of last season:

Out:
Mark Stone
Matt Duchene
Ryan Dzingel
Cody Ceci
Zack Smith

In:
Artem Anisimov
Nikita Zaitsev
Ron Hainsey
Connor Brown
Tyler Ennis
Anthony Duclair

It seems like the type of team "we want to be" is filled with Leafs' 3rd and 4th liners.

“We know that [finishing] 30th and 31st the last two years is unacceptable and we know that we’re really going to take a big step forward this year.”

Circle the wagons!

Reactions: NyQuil and Cosmix

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
We probably will, we have some pretty good prospects and media always craps on our prospects.

Unless it's Bob McKenzie talking about or prospects I take it with a huge grain of salt. Think were ending 8th last being a bubble playoff team for some of the second 1/2.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
A bottom 3 rebuilding team that just missed out on a lottery pick last year, with no game breaking forwards in the pipelines shouldnt want to take a step forward next year, especially with the draft were heading into,that would be idiotioc, expect nothing less from Dorion tho.

Reactions: h2

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
To be fair. this is literally taking things from the Garrioch piece, without some of the context. For example, when he talks about personnel, he’s directly referencing the coaching staff.

He also makes references to being the worst in the league for GA, and how the team should be better there, and that progress will be development of the younger players.

“Our expectation isn’t just to see our younger player take a step, we want them to take two steps and we’d like to make this process move along sooner than later,” Dorion said. “For us, it’s about making sure the young players grow, the veterans surround them well and, at the same time, we’ve got to make sure the veterans teach the young players to be the best pros possible. That’s what we’ve gone our and done getting some of these players.”

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
https://www.tsn.ca/pierre-dorion-ottawa-senators-feel-connor-brown-can-regain-20-goal-form-1.1356558

As a reminder, the personnel changes we made since the start of last season:

Out:
Mark Stone
Matt Duchene
Ryan Dzingel
Cody Ceci
Zack Smith

In:
Artem Anisimov
Nikita Zaitsev
Ron Hainsey
Connor Brown
Tyler Ennis
Anthony Duclair

It seems like the type of team "we want to be" is filled with Leafs' 3rd and 4th liners.

Circle the wagons!
Why @DaveMatthew, why...? :skeptic:

As @benjiv1 said, the bolded above was presented completely out of context. There is enough reason for negativity without the "false advertising". :laugh:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The best pr for the Senators is no pr. This guy has done so much damage just by opening his mouth.

No matter how this all turns out, I still pine to kick this guy in the balls really really hard one day.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What's really sad is that the Sens sent their best man out to deliver the PR/Marketing message. It just happens to be Dorion taking full advantage; saying "I think I did good. I think I did real good."

Reactions: Icelevel

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dorion and Melnyk look like such fools trying to schmooze over the casual fan by making bold, ridiculous and irrational grand statements such as the above.

It also hugely alienates the more intelligent or "plugged in" fan even more.

They would be better off stating the obvious in a delicate and professional manner whereby they state that the next couple years WILL be tough but that its essential in our long term growth and continued development towards striving for a playoff berth.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Dorion and Melnyk look like such fools trying to schmooze over the casual fan by making bold, ridiculous and irrational grand statements such as the above.

It also hugely alienates the more intelligent or "plugged in" fan even more.

They would be better off stating the obvious in a delicate and professional manner whereby they state that the next couple years WILL be tough but that its essential in our long term growth and continued development towards striving for a playoff berth.
It's been a two year lesson on how not to handle public relations.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Just eregriously silly PR work.

The veterans that are there now are supposed to be ideal role models for young players?

Artem Anismov ?
Nikita Zaitsev?
Tyler Ennis?

They are all guys trying to hang on and figure their own shit out, let alone guide newbs.

The only legit mentor brought in was Hainsey, and the only other non tire fire guy acquired was Connor Brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->