Central MA
Insane money to FA

Big class next year

Sweeney needs to save his money for

McAvoy
Heinen
Carlo
DeBrusk

This is exactly why I didn't think they'd be real players in the Tavares sweepstakes. Too many of their own homegrown players coming due in the next year or two.

Has Sweeney or the Bruins said anything yet about their offer to Tavares? After hearing the rumors of some of the offers, I can't think the Bruins were serious in this pursuit.

Reactions: KrejciMVP and DKH

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
This is exactly why I didn't think they'd be real players in the Tavares sweepstakes. Too many of their own homegrown players coming due in the next year or two.

Has Sweeney or the Bruins said anything yet about their offer to Tavares? After hearing the rumors of some of the offers, I can't think the Bruins were serious in this pursuit.
you didn't think they were serious in the Tavares pursuit before the offers were revealed.

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I personally think if he didn’t select them they would not have gone after him because they got McAvoy & DeBrusk coming up

If this was the State of the Bruins when they signed Beleskey & Backes coming off DNQ for playoffs they’d be bent over at his front door

My only concern is the age and injury history at center

Other than that bring on the JVR less Leafs

Reactions: LSCII

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
You always hope for a big splash, the new toy, my laundry needs proper filling!

So far we've gotten very Harvard moves, blue chipping, improving (we're not getting a new kitchen but the foyer gets new carpet) and planning ahead.

Now it's time to drink and remember that 37+63+88=19,666,666 ... lol, love Pasta's contract number and how it skews things.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Lets be serious. Getting Tavares would have been a serious home run for the Bruins. Bergeron and Krejci are not getting any younger and now they also have to find a good third line center for reasonable money. Leafs can improve their D by trading one of their blueship prospects or youngsters. You have to congratulate them after today. The only good thing is that the stanley cup isnt won paper

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You always hope for a big splash, the new toy, my laundry needs proper filling!

So far we've gotten very Harvard moves, blue chipping, improving (we're not getting a new kitchen but the foyer gets new carpet) and planning ahead.

Now it's time to drink and remember that 37+63+88=19,666,666 ... lol, love Pasta's contract number and how it skews things.
Like saving for kids college coming up

The bill next year will be for Kids

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Like saving for kids college coming up

The bill next year will be for Kids

There’s no longer much money for them unless they are done making moves. Kuraly still will be paid and at best i’d Say that will leave them 2.5 under the cap. 7.25 after chara and about 10ish after mcquaid. For carlo, mcavoy, heinen. Donato.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Insane money to FA

Big class next year

Sweeney needs to save his money for

McAvoy
Heinen
Carlo
DeBrusk

The money he needed for those guys he wasted elsewhere in seriously mediocre moves. At some point we just have to say that out loud and accept it.

Signing Backes and a few others and passing on Barzal is the cup window. The league is brutally tough, you can't make mistakes that big and bring home the ultimate prize.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The money he needed for those guys he wasted elsewhere in seriously mediocre moves. At some point we just have to say that out loud and accept it.

Signing Backes and a few others and passing on Barzal is the cup window. The league is brutally tough, you can't make mistakes that big and bring home the ultimate prize.

Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. Stop f***ing bitching about Barzal. Good f***ing lord, you people are annoying as f*** lmfao. Whiniest bunch in the NHL.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

I mean, the Cup Champs traded away Filip Forsberg for nothing.

But I agree with the point about Nash. Then again, the Bruins looked like a fringe team a year ago so I'm going to give management some slack.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. Stop ****ing *****ing about Barzal. Good ****ing lord, you people are annoying as **** lmfao. Whiniest bunch in the NHL.

Stop talking about passing three times on the first rookie to drop a point per game in ages? I dunno man, if we're talking about Don Sweeney, it's gonna be hard to avoid. Specially with aging c's. It's forever a part of his legacy now.

Reactions: Estlin

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Stop talking about passing three times on the first rookie to drop a point per game in ages? I dunno man, if we're talking about Don Sweeney, it's gonna be hard to avoid. Specially with aging c's. It's forever a part of his legacy now.

Easy to put up points when your team doesn't play defense.

Reactions: Alicat

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
There’s no longer much money for them unless they are done making moves. Kuraly still will be paid and at best i’d Say that will leave them 2.5 under the cap. 7.25 after chara and about 10ish after mcquaid. For carlo, mcavoy, heinen. Donato.

Fine... at least he didnt do this signing

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. Stop ****ing *****ing about Barzal. Good ****ing lord, you people are annoying as **** lmfao. Whiniest bunch in the NHL.

Criticizing isn’t whining. Whining would be like “oh tavares is such a loser for not coming here why didn’t he just come to Boston I hate him.” That’s whining

Reactions: Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad