Management Don Sweeney VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
So the team that took the Bruins seven games and just improved dramatically is going to be beaten by a team has not improved it's secondary scoring, which was a huge issue, has not improved it's left side D size with anybody decent, Moore is terrible and a depth D at best, has no number three center at the moment and the only real improvement made was a fourth line banger (which is the only really good news).
Please explain the logic to me of not being worried, unless you want a better draft pick in the first round next year I would say there is considerable need for concern.

It's early, which is fine, but somebody should wake up Sweengenius and explain that not all of his super prospects are going to make the NHL. Frederic and JFK are years away at center, the don't have a top 2 lines center prospect anywhere in the organization, they are small and soft up front and for a small and soft team they aren't very fast.

They have a couple of very good young players in Pastrnak, McAvoy and DeBrusk but I am pretty sure this team as currently constructed is easily beaten by Toronto and Tampa right now. Too many holes that need to be filled by established players which now requires a trade, something Sweengenius is not good at. With the current playoff structure these are teams they will have to deal with for years in hopes of advancing, that doesn't look so hot right now either.
It's early in free agency. There is no doubt in my mind another move is coming. You want him to make a trade but you say he sucks at it. You can't have it both ways unfortunately. I agree with the latter and would like him him not to make a stupid trade and just continue developing, unless you want him to drain the pipeline of prospects for a quick and maybe a one year shot at a cup. Then another 3-5 years of rebuilding again. They are on the right path. Making a move to counter Tavares is dumb. You can't do it. Who out there can you get to make a difference? Last year was a bonus.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Was actually shocked at the $'s being so low. The only thing that makes any kind of sense is that they really like someone else for 3C coming out of camp. So on that I guess wait and see. DKH how many years until you figure Donato can start at C in this league?
I like him on the wing with not so much defensive responsibility and the ability to create

Not sure ETA for Studnicka but he’s pretty impressive- looks like Joe Colborne younger brother. He probably with Lauko stood out the most at camp - seems like a very smart player

JFK is the great unknown

Frederic looks like a guy who’s got most if not all but seems destined for a year in the AHL

Heinen according to Glorydaze can play center and he exhibits all the necessary traits - responsible, calm, good stick, plus passer

Backes ? Seems Cassidy likes him on the wing playing the wall where he can win battles and skate less

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
It's wild that C went from a position where we simply had too much nhl talent, to one where we're trying to figure out what comes next.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sensei Sweeney playing chess while the 20 year old wearing fake glasses to look older playing tiddlywinks

Leafs next year

Marleau 6.25- Taveras 11- Marner 8.25*

Hyman 2.25- Matthews 11- Nylander 7.25*
Brown 2.1- Kadri 4.5- Kapanen 1.9*

I actually may be low on all * guesstimates

Line 1 : $25.5
Line 2: $19.5
Line 3: $8.5

Total 9 players 53.5 M

They still have to dump Matt Martin $2.5 and are carrying $1.2 M of Kessel contract for 4 more tears and tears

They are so rhymes with ducked

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Sensei Sweeney playing chess while the 20 year old wearing fake glasses to look older playing tiddlywinks

Leafs next year

Total 9 players 53.5 M

They still have to dump Matt Martin $2.5 and are carrying $1.2 M of Kessel contract for 4 more tears and tears

Really good post. That said I wont be happy if those nine guys bounce the Bruins from the post season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Really good post. That said I wont be happy if those nine guys bounce the Bruins from the post season.
They remind me of the Dan Fouts SD Chargers or Marino’s Dolphins

Who plays D?

Zaitsev?

His M-NTC kicks in at $4.5 M next season

The Leafs are going to be fun to watch on and off the ice

Reactions: Baddkarma

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Leafs next year

Total 9 players 53.5 M

its worse than that.

Reilly - 5
Zaitsev - 4.5
Andersen - 5

so really, its 68M tied up in 12 players.

So basically 12 million to pay the other 11 guys

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This is my proposal for the Bruin's roster in two years. It supposes the following:

One of JFK/Frederic/Studnicka takes the 3C spot
Backes dealt for a pick
McAvoy signed for $6m per
Heinen and Carlo for $4m per
Donato $3m per

$77m Cap hit with $3m in space using 18/19 Cap

Is this too ambitious? I don't think so.

2019-20 Bruins Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Marchand, Brad
$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Bergeron, Patrice
$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Pastrnak, David
$6,666,666
RW
UFA - 4
DeBrusk, Jake
$863,333
LW
RFA - 1
Krejci, David
$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Heinen, Danton
$4,000,000
C, LW, RW
RFA
Donato, Ryan
$3,000,000
C, LW
RFA
Frederic, Trent
$925,000
C
RFA - 2
Bjork, Anders
$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Nordström, Joakim
$1,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
Kuraly, Sean
$1,500,000
C, LW
RFA
Wagner, Chris
$1,250,000
C
UFA - 1
Acciari, Noel
$1,000,000
C, RW
UFA
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Krug, Torey
$5,250,000
D
M-NTC
UFA - 1
McAvoy, Charlie
$6,000,000
D
RFA
Rask, Tuukka
$7,000,000
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Moore, John
$2,750,000
D
UFA - 4
Carlo, Brandon
$4,000,000
D
RFA
Halák, Jaroslav
$2,750,000
UFA - 1
Grzelcyk, Matt
$1,400,000
D
RFA - 1
Miller, Kevan
$2,500,000
D
UFA - 1
Vaakanainen, Urho
$925,000
D
RFA - 2
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: DKH

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
It's wild that C went from a position where we simply had too much nhl talent, to one where we're trying to figure out what comes next.

And look around at what you have to beat to get out of the East: Crosby/Malkin, Matthews/Tavares, Kuznetsov/Backstrom, whatever combo Tampa throws at you with two of Stamkos/JT Miller/Tyler Johnson/Brayden Point. There is more to winning than center depth, but those first three teams in particular are beastly down the middle.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
its worse than that.

Reilly - 5
Zaitsev - 4.5
Andersen - 5

But according to leaf fans, signing Tavares to an 11 million AAV contract was brilliant because it sets a cap for what the others can ask for :laugh:

Reactions: JOKER 192

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
They remind me of the Dan Fouts SD Chargers or Marino’s Dolphins

Who plays D?

Zaitsev?

His M-NTC kicks in at $4.5 M next season

The Leafs are going to be fun to watch on and off the ice

boy were they fun to watch!

Muncie Galbreath, JJ, chandler, winslow whoa what an arsenal!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
its worse than that.

Reilly - 5
Zaitsev - 4.5
Andersen - 5

If any GM gives up anything for Matt Martin they should be fired

I’d tell Toronto I want your 2nd rookie pick

They are talking to de Hann which is a good player for that team but how ????

They lose after this year
Gardner & Hainsey

They got decent kids coming along
Dermott & Liljegren (both mine in sim I might add)
Borgman

But are these inexperienced offensive first players going to shut down the Bergeron line or Tampa top 6

Can’t wait to see the spin by Leafs fans

They need to rig it where Tim Horton’s signs a deal with Marner for say $5 M and the Leafs give him less

Clearly illegal and won’t hsppen but don’t see a solution unless they go with a lot of kids

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This is my proposal for the Bruin's roster in two years. It supposes the following:

One of JFK/Frederic/Studnicka takes the 3C spot
Backes dealt for a pick
McAvoy signed for $6m per
Heinen and Carlo for $4m per
Donato $3m per

$77m Cap hit with $3m in space using 18/19 Cap

Is this too ambitious? I don't think so.

2019-20 Bruins Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Marchand, Brad
$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Bergeron, Patrice
$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Pastrnak, David
$6,666,666
RW
UFA - 4
DeBrusk, Jake
$863,333
LW
RFA - 1
Krejci, David
$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Heinen, Danton
$4,000,000
C, LW, RW
RFA
Donato, Ryan
$3,000,000
C, LW
RFA
Frederic, Trent
$925,000
C
RFA - 2
Bjork, Anders
$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Nordström, Joakim
$1,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
Kuraly, Sean
$1,500,000
C, LW
RFA
Wagner, Chris
$1,250,000
C
UFA - 1
Acciari, Noel
$1,000,000
C, RW
UFA
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Krug, Torey
$5,250,000
D
M-NTC
UFA - 1
McAvoy, Charlie
$6,000,000
D
RFA
Rask, Tuukka
$7,000,000
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Moore, John
$2,750,000
D
UFA - 4
Carlo, Brandon
$4,000,000
D
RFA
Halák, Jaroslav
$2,750,000
UFA - 1
Grzelcyk, Matt
$1,400,000
D
RFA - 1
Miller, Kevan
$2,500,000
D
UFA - 1
Vaakanainen, Urho
$925,000
D
RFA - 2
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Excellent job

Makes a lot of sense my only change is I got Fitzgerald on 4th LW

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I like him on the wing with not so much defensive responsibility and the ability to create

Not sure ETA for Studnicka but he’s pretty impressive- looks like Joe Colborne younger brother. He probably with Lauko stood out the most at camp - seems like a very smart player

JFK is the great unknown

Frederic looks like a guy who’s got most if not all but seems destined for a year in the AHL

Heinen according to Glorydaze can play center and he exhibits all the necessary traits - responsible, calm, good stick, plus passer

Backes ? Seems Cassidy likes him on the wing playing the wall where he can win battles and skate less

What's crazy is that if they'd just move Backes to C, things would fit together nicely.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Backes-Donato
Norstrom-Kuraly-Wagner
X:Acciari

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

All Sweeney had to do was draft Barzal in 2015. Had he done so, then all this hand wringing about who is going to be Boston's #3 center next season would be a non-issue. Sure, some posters don't like that he's brought up from time to time, but this is the Sweeney thread, and passing over Barzal has proved, at least to this point in time, to be mistake on the part of the GM.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
All Sweeney had to do was draft Barzal in 2015. Had he done so, then all this hand wringing about who is going to be Boston's #3 center next season would be a non-issue. Sure, some posters don't like that he's brought up from time to time, but this is the Sweeney thread, and passing over Barzal has proved, at least to this point in time, to be mistake on the part of the GM.

And...here we go.

I wish I had a f***ing dollar for every time someone cried about Barzal. I could have retired already.

Spilled milk, it's done, deal with what is here and what they can do, not things you can't change at this point.

Would be like me regretting not moving to NY when I was 21 and hooking up with Heidi Klum.

Pointless.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
And...here we go.

I wish I had a ****ing dollar for every time someone cried about Barzal. I could have retired already.

Spilled milk, it's done, deal with what is here and what they can do, not things you can't change at this point.

Would be like me regretting not moving to NY when I was 21 and hooking up with Heidi Klum.

Pointless.

Or they could have done a better job tanking in 2015 or 2016 and had McDavid or Matthews

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What's crazy is that if they'd just move Backes to C, things would fit together nicely.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Backes-Donato
Norstrom-Kuraly-Wagner
X:Acciari
Totally agree

I wish someone would ask Cassidy

He’s the coach he puts the player where he wants

Does he think his strength is board work, pressuring the D on forecheck and net front presence on Offense?

If so he can’t be a center doing that

What I think is why he is not playing center

But it should not be etched in stone

He was a good defensive center at one time

Reactions: Dr Hook

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
And...here we go.

I wish I had a ****ing dollar for every time someone cried about Barzal. I could have retired already.

Pointless.

The clear difference being that Sweeney regrets it because it was something he easily could have done versus well...

But in some sort of bizzaro world where your activities were interesting enough to generate a message board thread discussing your performance than the non-existent chance you had with Heidi Klum would be a topic of discussion.

Just like whenever there's a topic about Peter Chiarelli he'll be the guy who dealt Tyler Seguin and Taylor Hall.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
And...here we go.

Pointless.

If you had that opportunity and passed on it you'd think about it every day of your life, so maybe not the best example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->