Management Don Sweeney IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed. And what scares me is he, other than Pasta, is how biggest trade chip, and with McAvoy in the wings I hope they dont trade him. Im uneasy of that situation.

I think Bs need to start drafting ultra skilled players, Claude won't be coach when they make the team, so the 'hard to play against defensively responsible' guys who don't have the natural skill of scoring at the blink of an eye should be a thing of that past.

First things first, we need wingers on our wings and Centres playing centre. And we just need to get some speed up front. We are by no means a fast team. This to me is why I think Krejci's effectiveness has literally been halved in the last 5 years, the game got faster, and his cerebral style of play isnt as effective anymore. (that could be BS but thats something I have noticed)

They aren't trading McAvoy

Me and my buds I go to games with did a list a month or two ago one night out to eat of the 10 prospects kids who would impact Boston

We had Pastrnak and Carlo on. We put McIntyre on over Subban based on his college game anc makeup and he's making us look very good

We had Vatrano on it but had not put Czarnik or Blidh. We debated Cehlarik but left him off- that looks dumb he's got 'it'

Those two have shown they can play here

Good times ahead

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
current team a blast, Hischier alone worth the price of admission. He`ll be back next year, not yet ready for prime time IMO. Next year`s team going to be a blast to watch

It sure will. The Swiss WJ experience will be an interesting test for Hischier. Will be watching him closely. So many other quality kids being brought along with him with the current assembled group of Moose. Hope it all falls into place for them to get back to another memorial cup opportunity, which could very well be in front of the home crowd.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
current team a blast, Hischier alone worth the price of admission. He`ll be back next year, not yet ready for prime time IMO. Next year`s team going to be a blast to watch

kid is definitely one heck of a player.

It sure will. The Swiss WJ experience will be an interesting test for Hischier. Will be watching him closely. So many other quality kids being brought along with him with the current assembled group of Moose. Hope it all falls into place for them to get back to another memorial cup opportunity, which could very well be in front of the home crowd. :handclap:

Enjoy!

I wouldn't count on Nico and other players still being on the roster in 2019

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia

Was thinking of Groulx, McIssac and Gravel who all have 2000 birth dates as being core pieces that hopefully will still be there. Nico would be an unbelievable addition but c'est la vie. They are sure to be looking to add a few more impact pieces as the head down the road.

Will see how Nico makes out against Canada tonight. Exciting player to watch.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
It upsets me that there is no indication from management that they want to put a better product on the ice this season. The fact that Hayes continues to get any NHL ice time sends the wrong message to our players. Time for some changes, or this season has a very good chance of ending the same as last season.

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
It upsets me that there is no indication from management that they want to put a better product on the ice this season. The fact that Hayes continues to get any NHL ice time sends the wrong message to our players. Time for some changes, or this season has a very good chance of ending the same as last season.

Ya think? Stay the course. No accountability.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

He sure is a heck of a player, top 10 pick IMO but that`s a totally biased opinion of course. I got to meet him prior to the season beginning in a season ticks holder gathering where you get to meet/greet the players, appears to be a really nice young kid

agreed, he`ll be back next year IMO but that`s it. In comparison to recent Mooseheads like Mackinnon/Drouin/Ehlers, he doesn`t have that "dynamic" element where he picks the puck up in his own zone and blazes down the ice. He appears to me to be that guy who does everything exceptionally well, plays a quiet game in the sense that he`s almost always in the right position.

Kid has eyes in the back of his head. I truly feel spoiled with Junior hockey here, some fantastic years being a holder of tix, great fan base, even during "rebuild" years, this city comes out and supports this team exceptionally well.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
He sure is a heck of a player, top 10 pick IMO but that`s a totally biased opinion of course. I got to meet him prior to the season beginning in a season ticks holder gathering where you get to meet/greet the players, appears to be a really nice young kid

agreed, he`ll be back next year IMO but that`s it. In comparison to recent Mooseheads like Mackinnon/Drouin/Ehlers, he doesn`t have that "dynamic" element where he picks the puck up in his own zone and blazes down the ice. He appears to me to be that guy who does everything exceptionally well, plays a quiet game in the sense that he`s almost always in the right position.

Kid has eyes in the back of his head. I truly feel spoiled with Junior hockey here, some fantastic years being a holder of tix, great fan base, even during "rebuild" years, this city comes out and supports this team exceptionally well.

Did get to enjoy his debut at the WJ's in last nights exhibition game against Canada. His considerable skills were on full display. Provided what was likely a surprise performance to some. Many more will surely take notice in short order. Two terrific goals from him and the accolades from the TSN crew were flowing all night. Button relayed that he believed he would surpass Niederreiter, taken at #8, as the highest pick for a Swiss born player ever been taken in the entry draft. Went as far as to say that scouts he has spoken with have offered that Nico is not to be counted out as potentially finding his way into the conversation for number one overall at some point. Realized to was a blue chip prospect but wasn't entirely sure how the decision makers might view him. Seems there is some evidence they recognize the immense potential the kid has. Awesome for Nico and continued success with your ascent young man! :handclap:

Video of his first goal from the Moose twitter feed below.
https://mobile.twitter.com/HFXMooseheads/status/812465321982443522/video/1

Last edited:

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Most suggestions of the potential for offer sheets are often just empty talk. When Bob Mckenzie says that players like Drouin and Pararin will receive offer sheets this off seasons you tend to sit up a little and take notice. Sure to create lots of buzz.

Wonder if other players may be in similar situations (ie: perhaps a budding defencman) and would Sweeny venture down that road in an effort to enhance the building plan in place for the Bruins? Lots of factors at play such as compensation, cap and expansion to name a few. Perhaps those type of factors create the perfect situation to act that may otherwise not really be an option a team would normally pursue.

His comments on the situation are in the attached. Much talk on the WJ talk as well. The offer sheets comments start at the 12 minute mark.
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-69...l-receive-an-offer-sheet-on-july-1st-1.637637

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Yeah, definitely seems like management is in the bunker this year. Not many interviews at all.

It's ridiculous.

It has been touched on in the media thread, but you cannot charge what they charge and, when the product on the ice fails to match the price tag, hide from public scrutiny.

They should be accountable.

Outside of Clode's post game "softball" session with Jack and Brick, they are not heard from.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How many consider Marchand a number one LW? Pastrnak a first line LW if not now sooner rather than later ?

I do on both

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
How many consider Marchand a number one LW? Pastrnak a first line LW if not now sooner rather than later ?

I do on both

Hard to say, IMO.

I don't know that there are clear cut #1s as opposed to "top 6" and "bottom 6" wingers and so much of it depends on the match ups.

There's some kind of combination of regression/injury with Bergeron plus lack of scoring depth that's hampering this team's ability to score.

I'm not enough in the know to put my finger on what it is exactly. I see the scoring chances happening and the failure to finish on those chances and turn 2 goal leads into three goal choke holds and so on.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

I do on both

well, that bergeron line is arguably the best in the entire league. their possession is elite, and even with bergeron's production offensively way down, they still dominate most of the time they take the ice.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

I do on both

Marchand is a slam dunk first line winger and Pastrnak is producing like one!

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, definitely seems like management is in the bunker this year. Not many interviews at all.

I for one am glad about that. Management interviews in mid season (at least Boston management) do nothing but cause problems and put them in a bind as to value of pieces they might move.

B's are about exactly where I expected them this season as far as standings go.

Defense is much better than I expected.

Offense is a worse (we've talked a lot about lack of vet production).

Kids playing a lot. Hell, after Czarnik made that gaff on the PP last night? Yep, next PP he was back out there again. Guess Claude really doesn't hate kids so much!

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Pasternak and Marchand shouldn't be in the same line. They cancel each other out in terms of being creative with the puck. Pasternak is the go to guy right now on his line. It kind of takes away from Marchands puck handling and shooting time. Put a fast center with Pasternak and sit back and watch.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Pasternak and Marchand shouldn't be in the same line. They cancel each other out in terms of being creative with the puck. Pasternak is the go to guy right now on his line. It kind of takes away from Marchands puck handling and shooting time. Put a fast center with Pasternak and sit back and watch.

Duchene?

flooredaccord

Apr 30, 2011

Or someone who can SPOONer feed pasta the puck

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec

It is sad we don't have Spooner avaialble for this role, he would be perfect as your description...:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad