Management Don Sweeney IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was at that game but I meant ,can he fight like McCrimmon?

Fighting today verse then 180 degrees

I was at game and left to go meet friends at Clarke's in Fanuel Hall anc missed it. I hardly ever left early but there was a minute left

The tvs at Clarke's still had fight on when I arrived

Lazaro's parents sat 4 seats to my left / his dad always had head phones on and never said anything but he was always smiling - they also seemed older than most folks but maybe it was just me; his mom was nice and I was horrified when that happened thinking of her

By the way didn't a drunk Bruins fan actually start that

Whatever happened to him

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Fighting today verse then 180 degrees

I was at game and left to go meet friends at Clarke's in Fanuel Hall anc missed it. I hardly ever left early but there was a minute left

The tvs at Clarke's still had fight on when I arrived

Lazaro's parents sat 4 seats to my left / his dad always had head phones on and never said anything but he was always smiling - they also seemed older than most folks but maybe it was just me; his mom was nice and I was horrified when that happened thinking of her

By the way didn't a drunk Bruins fan actually start that

Whatever happened to him

I believe someone threw a punch at Yzerman, but that was after the fight..

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Don't you think though the right side will just work itself out

They got McAvoy Carlo C Miller K Miller McQuaid

Left side

Chara
Krug
Morrow
Grzelcyk
O'Gara
Zboril
Lauzon
Lindgren
Johansson

Lot of legit projects

Possibly. McAvoy seems certain to make an impact soon. I like Colin Millers game but he hasn't proven he can put it all together for more than a stretch of games.

I'm concerned with the left side. Once Chara retires, that's a ton of "ifs" on that list. Lauzon I'd pencil in for a role. Krug a 3-4 IF he has the right partner and isn't carrying a McQuaid/ KMiller. Everything else is a toss up. Which would be fine by me if Bergeron was 3 years younger. But a couple could hit and next thing we know the 2018-19 Bruins are in the Cup Finals.

Brucentric*

Dec 9, 2016
I'd like a youngish top-4 dman on a short deal to push McQuaid down to 3rd pairing. Tempting to wait out McAvoy & Lauzon however. I'm sure we can all agree that a Shattenkirk type in the top-4 right now would make this team instantly better. Puck moving and PP QB. I just don't think one is available at a reasonable cost. Not to mention contract status. Look at the contract Burns just signed at his age. Maybe Sweeney realizes this and his only sane play is to wait out his draft picks?

As far as the forwards go, I think the answer comes internally. JFK, Czarnik, Vatrano, some options here. Bergeron & Krejci off to slow starts. If they get healthy and pick up their games, things would be looking a lot better. I'm torn. I want a top-4 dman, but at what cost

Shattenkirk is perfect. Offer Spooner and McQuaid. The Blues are not resigning Shattenkirk. Whatever the offer, If he is available Sweeney needs to be listening hard. Also if we can sign him for 5 years at 6.5 M, it free's us up to trade Krug and recoup that salary. Krug, McQauid and Spooner is around 8-9 million. That we dont need to pay if we have Shattenkirk. Czarnick gets Spooner minutes at center.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Possibly. McAvoy seems certain to make an impact soon. I like Colin Millers game but he hasn't proven he can put it all together for more than a stretch of games.

I'm concerned with the left side. Once Chara retires, that's a ton of "ifs" on that list. Lauzon I'd pencil in for a role. Krug a 3-4 IF he has the right partner and isn't carrying a McQuaid/ KMiller. Everything else is a toss up. Which would be fine by me if Bergeron was 3 years younger. But a couple could hit and next thing we know the 2017-18 Bruins are in the Cup Finals.

They have so many guys on the left side who are prospects they should hit on some - Lauzon looks like he's got the goods

2014-16 is what will make or break Sweeney and the Bruins

Drafting in those years summary
Forwards

Pastrnak
JFK
Donato
Heinen
Bjork
Frederic
Senyshyn
DeBrusk
Gabrielle
Hughes

Defense

Lauzon
Carlo
Lindgren
McAvoy
Johansson
Zboril

Also college FA

Acciari
Czarnik
Vatrano

Traded for

C miller
Kuraly

Just 2014-16

Going to let the 2016 guys be able to become legal before passing judgment

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Ha ha believe what you want after all it's your belief system

and Jeff Gorton traded for Rask and drafted Lucic (that would be Chia)

I'll take Sweeney on this you can take Chiarelli who was focused on trying to get Cam to allow his job saving deal

That would be true.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That would be true.

Ha

No way Jose.

After being around that place since the 60's you know a few people (or better yet your parents do)

I can assure you Chiarelli did but you and everyone else can believe otherwise

If there is one thing I learned from nearly 20 years on HF people believe what they want at least 20% of them

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
They have so many guys on the left side who are prospects they should hit on some - Lauzon looks like he's got the goods

2014-16 is what will make or break Sweeney and the Bruins

Drafting in those years summary
Forwards

Pastrnak
JFK
Donato
Heinen
Bjork
Frederic
Senyshyn
DeBrusk
Gabrielle
Hughes

Defense

Lauzon
Carlo
Lindgren
McAvoy
Johansson
Zboril

Also college FA

Acciari
Czarnik
Vatrano

Traded for

C miller
Kuraly

Just 2014-16

Going to let the 2016 guys be able to become legal before passing judgment

Optimistic list. I'm not passing judgement. Im more hopeful now after watching Carlo. If JFK Bjork Lauzon & McAvoy hit in the next 2 years and all the others fail, I'll be quite impressed with Sweeney. But as you said, these past 2 years of drafting will make or break him. IF he hits on no others, he may be in it deep.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Ha

No way Jose.

After being around that place since the 60's you know a few people (or better yet your parents do)

I can assure you Chiarelli did but you and everyone else can believe otherwise

If there is one thing I learned from nearly 20 years on HF people believe what they want at least 20% of them

So Chia sat at the Senators table at the draft, but was responsible for drafting Lucic? Knowing all the Sens scouting reports? If he did that it was more than a little sleazy.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Can someone explain to me why they keep bringing guys like Blidh (he's been good, not not an offensive threat), Schaller, Acciari, Kuraly etc from AHL (not Schaller, duh) but not someone like Cehlarik, even Mueller or give Heinen an extended shot (more than 10-12 minutes per game)

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Can someone explain to me why they keep bringing guys like Blidh (he's been good, not not an offensive threat), Schaller, Acciari, Kuraly etc from AHL (not Schaller, duh) but not someone like Cehlarik, even Mueller or give Heinen an extended shot (more than 10-12 minutes per game)

Going into the season, Don Sweeney thought it would be too easy for this team to make the playoffs. In order to add a degree of difficulty, he decided that they could only score a maximum of 164 goals this season to do it.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada

I'm also very curious why Mueller hasn't had a shot yet on a team that is starving for offensive production.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I am beginning to realize that it may not matter what moves the Bruins make or don't make - because I am just, after 35 years of rabid adoration, not as much a fan of NHL hockey anymore. The game is completely different.

The millennial generation, on the ice and off, have turned it into a video game.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am beginning to realize that it may not matter what moves the Bruins make or don't make - because I am just, after 35 years of rabid adoration, not as much a fan of NHL hockey anymore. The game is completely different.

The millennial generation, on the ice and off, have turned it into a video game.

The players today are much better but when coaches bench guys who can skate and have hands like Ryan Spooner for Reilly Nash because they want defense not offense

The coaches want guys that don't make mistakes

Vanilla

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Because they are better hockey players?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The players today are much better but when coaches bench guys who can skate and have hands like Ryan Spooner for Reilly Nash because they want defense not offense

The coaches want guys that don't make mistakes

Vanilla

Like Martin Gaborik Sunday for the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad