Management Don Sweeney IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
My goal is to win the Cup, I can't settle on mediocrity.
This isn't a down year, this is the norm for this team.

You keep going on about how it's all fine, they have all the players they need in the system but this is yet another year where we aren't seeing progress. They are struggling to make the playoffs in the worst division of NHL.

It's not going to take long before Toronto becomes a longterm playoff team and potential contender, same for Buffalo if they can ever be a healthy team.
Nothing ever happens with this team.

Toronto was a disaster for years and even now I'm not sold on their D or goalie.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto was a disaster for years and even now I'm not sold on their D or goalie.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander trio is going to lead them and make them a painfull team to play against.

Sure their defense needs to improve but that goes for Boston as well.
They are 5 points behind with 4 less games, they aren't even today that far off and Matthews is just a rookie.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
I'd rather see him out there on the 4th line than Hayes, that's for damn sure, and neither Blidh, Acciari, or Schaller have really brought us anything more than Nash.

At any rate, we can disagree about Nash, not a big deal, but in terms of where this team needs to be going forward, Riley Nash as a 4th liner is really not the largest of problems.

Blidh, Acciari, Schaller, and Nash all shouldn't be in the NHL. Those four are a result of poor drafting and development at the AHL level, as well as handing out overpriced, long-term contracts to some of our veterans (and at bad positions, such as goalie). For too long, management has valued intangible, unmeasurable qualities about hockey players and placed comparatively little value on skill. One need only watch the world junior championships and see what's gone wrong and what continues to go wrong.

Sweeney and Neely are not the answer.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Blidh, Acciari, Schaller, and Nash all shouldn't be in the NHL. Those four are a result of poor drafting and development at the AHL level, as well as handing out overpriced, long-term contracts to some of our veterans (and at bad positions, such as goalie). For too long, management has valued intangible, unmeasurable qualities about hockey players and placed comparatively little value on skill. One need only watch the world junior championships and see what's gone wrong and what continues to go wrong.

Neither Schaller nor Nash were drafted by or developed by the Bruins.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Broken. Record.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Matthews, Marner, Nylander trio is going to lead them and make them a painfull team to play against.

Sure their defense needs to improve but that goes for Boston as well.
They are 5 points behind with 4 less games, they aren't even today that far off and Matthews is just a rookie.

Toronto Tampa and Florida all gained ground tonite.But I am 0k with it.Just puts more pressure on Bruins management.The more the merrier.They never answer for nothing Not a peep out of them during this 8 lost in 11

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Literally the only reason we have a playoff spot right now is the insane 36M in players that Tampa has injured, (and a few more just joined that list). That's it. There's no overperforming from the B's, it's just the Tampa slaughter.

It's now:

Stamkos, Kucherov, Drouin, Callahan, Palat, Cobourn, Paquette AND Bishop.

I think Stamkos is the really long term one into March. They'll probably slowly start to get their guys back coming out of the all star break end of this month. Bruins need to find a way to get an 8-10pt lead on them by then or forget it. They'll catch up.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
McAvoy reminds me stylistically and of Ryan Suter but the Scott Stevens comp got my attention. I Dave Starman and he works for Habs so that is quite praise. Stevens post 66 expansion ranks easily in my top 10 defenseman

McAvoy RH would be a fine compliment to LH Krug or Gryzz

Carlo on the second pair could go with one of Grzelcyk/Krug, Lauzon, Zboril or others

Most top to bottom talented group I've seen in my hockey viewing life

Peanuts the Elephant or whoever is GMing or gets credit looks like they nailed it

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They were signed because they were bad picks and poorly developed?

Not everything on the plate can be the steak.

I was able to watch Acciari live in college much more for Baby B's and in Boston and if I had a chance to acquire him in a deal I would - I love his honest tough game

In typical HF narrow mindedness from the Vocal Minority he can't clear a puck against LA I read countless posts his a bum

As for Blidh he served a role and very well

Both would be in my 4th line mix and my 4th line after Hayes is resolved would be

Blidh-Moore-Acciari

Hayes on 4th line is fine but in the end I want Blidh & Acciari

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

I was able to watch Acciari live in college much more for Baby B's and in Boston and if I had a chance to acquire him in a deal I would - I love his honest tough game

In typical HF narrow mindedness from the Vocal Minority he can't clear a puck against LA I read countless posts his a bum

Both would be in my 4th line mix and my 4th line after Hayes is resolved would be

Blidh-Moore-Acciari

Give me Campbell Paille Thornton or Carleton Bailey Schock!

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Literally the only reason we have a playoff spot right now is the insane 36M in players that Tampa has injured, (and a few more just joined that list). That's it. There's no overperforming from the B's, it's just the Tampa slaughter.

It's now:

Stamkos, Kucherov, Drouin, Callahan, Palpartat, Cobourn, Paquette AND Bishop.

I think Stamkos is the really long term one into March. They'll probably slowly start to get their guys back coming out of the all star break end of this month. Bruins need to find a way to get an 8-10pt lead on them by then or forget it. They'll catch up.

Part of the league. Everyone has injuries. We do too.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Blidh-Moore-Acciari

Why does the fourth line have to be the shut down line? I thinks it's dumb. I would put a top line against a top line. If your top line is good, you can make the other teams top line waste energy trying to play defense while at the same time they aren't scoring. Maybe I'm in the minority.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Part of the league. Everyone has injuries. We do too.

Bergeron out walking dog with a protective boot on probably just so he doesn't step in poop with his good sneakers

No inhury to their best forward. Move along nothing to see

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Bergeron out walking dog with a protective boot on probably just so he doesn't step in poop with his good sneakers

No inhury to their best forward. Move along nothing to see

I'd like to see you come up with a better way to avoid stepping in poop. I only wear my protective boots when outside.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
DKH;126139521 Most top to bottom talented group I've seen in my hockey viewing life [/QUOTE said:
Dkh, what do you think of the flyers w Gautisbere, Provorov, Morin, Sanheim, plus hagg, Meyers, alt. That group looks pretty darn competitive w ours. A lot remains to be seen w both units

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario

in my opinion it's little early to make that statement about Blidh

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd like to see you come up with a better way to avoid stepping in poop. I only wear my protective boots when outside.

No kidding I have a dog trees and a fenced in back yard- I have backup sneakers that find poop easily

How was your 10 hour trip?

And you probably wear 2 boots not 1

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Blidh-Moore-Acciari

Zero goals in 37 career NHL games for Noel "No-goal" Acciari tells me he's nothing special, even if I do like his physicality.

But this is 2017, get with the times DKH, an NHL team can't afford to dress both an Acciari and a Blidh. An NHL team can probably afford to dress one guy like this, but not two. I'll take Blidh over the guy with zero goals at age 24-25 in 37 NHL games.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Zero goals in 37 career NHL games for Noel "No-goal" Acciari tells me he's nothing special, even if I do like his physicality.

But this is 2017, get with the times DKH, an NHL team can't afford to dress both an Acciari and a Blidh. An NHL team can probably afford to dress one guy like this, but not two. I'll take Blidh over the guy with zero goals at age 24-25 in 37 NHL games.

Blidh is quietly becoming Clodes binky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad