Does y'all think the NHL will continue this season?

Does y'all think the NHL will continue this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
no. A false choice is “well the economy is going to suffer either way”. As if it’s the same? every economic choice we make with public funding causes years of ripple effects in our hospitals.

That’s as foolish as “well we are all going to die sometime anyway” which is true. so let’s just not bother making any efforts to stop the spread. That’s nuts.

You might want to spend some time reading on the health care system/policing/EMS in Canada.

Canada is woefully understaffed. Waiting room times/police presence/ems distances are insane. There are times in major high needs cities that there is 1 ambulance on the road. for hundreds of thousands of people. People die based on the current healthcare systems lack of funding. It’s just a fact.

Adding a trillion dollars of Debt isn’t going to help that. It will increase wait times, which will take ambulances off the road, cause addictions/crime etc.

No one is saying that social distancing is bad, or that people should be filling up clubs. But you can’t shut down a country long term. It’s not built for that. You will have a global Detroit

it’s not economy or lives. It’s. Lives now or lives later. There comes a point where that won’t make sense. If it comes To a point of save 1 life now for 5 lives later... is that worth it?

I’m all for doing everything we can to not overload the system. We absolutely need it right now. But just shutting down the country is a nuclear option that will do more long term harm than good.

Lots of people who are young and healthy who don’t live with/work in the system won’t have to think about it. Many people will get to sit inside and watch Netflix and feel like they changed the world

But for those of us who do..... this is going to cause issues and deaths for years to come. Way above and beyond the numbers you see in trudeaus daily updates.

Cant have one without the other, so what you are really advocating is dollars over lives.

Do you really think people want to sit home watching NETFLIX?

With your attitude all I can plead is please go isolate yourself ASAP

Reactions: egd27

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Cant have one without the other, so what you are really advocating is dollars over lives.

Do you really think people want to sit home watching NETFLIX?

With your attitude all I can plead is please go isolate yourself ASAP

? Im advocating for saving the most lives possible in the best way possible. I’m saying. That many people don’t understand how bad our healthcare crisis was and how poor funding was prior too this.

Routinely there were no ambulances for hundreds of thousands of people. Paramedics response from different cities because there is no one. Rural police officers who often perform The role of EMS are riding solo for hundreds of square kilometres.

There was a Woman in Toronto before this crisis who waited 3 hrs for an ambulance. 7 were dispatched and re routed To higher emergencies than a heart attack. She died.

Eventually it will break the system and cause way more harm than good. Most people who don’t work in the system are lucky enough to not know these things. I am saying it is not as simple as “well just stay home till the virus is gone”
It’s not a shark in the water you u can wait until
It passes. We have to mitigate the risks now. But long term it will cause more issues for more people and cause more deaths

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There are Two choices. Making one and not making one. What happens after that is the stands alone. You just have to make choices every time and hope they are the right one. False choice hahaaa f&@)in no minds come up with catch phrases.

A professional, a person that actually gets paid to help people make decisions once told me this: why doesn’t matter, it was a big expanded explanation on the “why” why doesn’t matter that i had to listen to. So when he was all done i told him that he better call the CBC right away and tell them to change the name of W5 to to W4 right away because Why doesn’t matter lol. He wasn’t impressed lol

Sorry this b.s just reminded me of that b.s haha :)) I don’t know “ why” i responded to this. Must have been a false choice or something lol

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I am hopeful because i want to believe this thing will pass by fast ... but reality kicks me in *ss like 5 seconds later

Resistance

Nov 10, 2019
I am hopeful because i want to believe this thing will pass by fast ... but reality kicks me in *ss like 5 seconds later

Probably not even the appropriate amount of reality, too.

Professional sports leagues could be done permanently with this virus around, or at least, for 2+ years, would could be crushing enough to just end "The NHL" as it is anyways.

How can a league operate when one player testing positive at the tail end of the pandemic (which is still 18 months out) would result in the isolation of all of their teammates and teams from the last 2 weeks of games?

I think you need to worry more about societal collapse, feeding your family, and the potential of world war before caring about sports again.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Yes you are! Better treatments? Better than what? There is no treatment at the moment. You can lock down a society and in this case it's a must that you do!
Lives over dollars is absolute rubbish. And your respirologist brother-in-law should be ashamed.
Lives over dollars is absolute rubbish? Okay, maybe take a few deep breaths before responding to posts. They will be more coherent.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The way things are headed, we might be looking at a major disruption to the 2020-21 season.

Resistance

Nov 10, 2019

Professional sports leagues could be done permanently with this virus around, or at least, for 2+ years, would could be crushing enough to just end "The NHL" as it is anyways.

How can a league operate when one player testing positive at the tail end of the pandemic (which is still 18 months out) would result in the isolation of all of their teammates and teams from the last 2 weeks of games?

I think you need to worry more about societal collapse, feeding your family, and the potential of world war before caring about sports again.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Lives over dollars is absolute rubbish? Okay, maybe take a few deep breaths before responding to posts. They will be more coherent.

images

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Now that is a WORST case scenario. I can't think that way ever. It is just not in me to do it. We will get over this virus. I am not sure when exactly but when you look around at different countries who have got over da curve you see hope. If it is 1 month 2 months or longer oh well that is reality of our world today. Yes things are gonna change but they always do. This one is just forced on us. and if it causes a depression well they do happen every hundred years or so. my hope is it is just a recession.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Now that is a WORST case scenario. I can't think that way ever. It is just not in me to do it. We will get over this virus. I am not sure when exactly but when you look around at different countries who have got over da curve you see hope. If it is 1 month 2 months or longer oh well that is reality of our world today. Yes things are gonna change but they always do. This one is just forced on us. and if it causes a depression well they do happen every hundred years or so. my hope is it is just a recession.
Heard yesterday that they are working on getting golf courses open with obviously very strict guidelines.
Lets hope they can figure it out. A spring without hockey and a summer without golf is too much to take.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
No way they can restart until the Canada-U.S. border is back to normal, or close to normal. I have now resigned myself to believing the next meaningful NHL game will be played in October, 2021. And if it happens sooner, I'll consider that a bonus.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The way things are headed, we might be looking at a major disruption to the 2020-21 season.

The fear being we get some sense of control over the virus during the summer months, and then come the colder weather again in the fall, that a 2nd wave of the virus breaks out again which many scientists are predicting is all but inevitable.

With a vaccine projected at best 1 year to 18 months away we could very well be facing disruption to next season.

All it would take is a single player on a team to test positive, and then much of his teammates who have been in close contract also down at the same time and being quarantined.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
They are on the conference call noon today with bettman trump etc mcmahon etc nba silver etc and probably making a day out of it like july 1 allowing the teams to get it on again. Play ice hockey and all for television. No need for them to be guaranteed then anymore. Just play and do sports just like other humans are doing their jobs (young). Might be fun again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad