Does y'all think the NHL will continue this season?

Does y'all think the NHL will continue this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Well I guess those Leafs played just well enough to make it:phew:. No different if they actually made it to the end of the full schedule and barely squeezed in. Some team(s) will always be on the bubble. Again very easy to say.
24 is better than the standard 16 fairness wise if you value participation over actually earning the right to participate.

When the standings on the bubble are changing on a day to day basis, stopping the season at some arbitrary point in time and using that as the final standings is anything but fair.

And LOL at "no different" than if all 82 games were played, seriously?

Last edited:

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Bettman to make an announcement in about 3 hours.

It’s looking like this is actually going to happen!!!

Reactions: Coachcorner

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Bettman to make an announcement in about 3 hours.

It’s looking like this is actually going to happen!!!
This is FREAKING SOO GOOD FOUR GAME AND the WORLD!!! WE DID IT!!!! WE DID it sire!!! :clap: WE WON! The 21 % WON!!!!!! Bettman!! Bettman!!! Bettman!!!! :pump: :air: :fist: :fisto: :heman: he-man: :leyla: :fisto: :skeletor: :tiger: :castle:

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
A Leafs Jackets playoff series is actually pretty nice.
Until you consider how they dispatched Tampa last year in the first round and Pittsburgh the year before in the first round (not to mention pushing Washington to 7 games).

Based on talent alone we should beat them, but they have a mindset to upset the favorite while our team's mindset is to crumble mentally at the first sign of something going wrong. Also, Freddie has not proved he's a playoff performer. I have zero faith in him to close out a series let alone make an extended run

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Until you consider how they dispatched Tampa last year in the first round and Pittsburgh the year before in the first round (not to mention pushing Washington to 7 games).

Based on talent alone we should beat them, but they have a mindset to upset the favorite while our team's mindset is to crumble mentally at the first sign of something going wrong. Also, Freddie has not proved he's a playoff performer. I have zero faith in him to close out a series let alone make an extended run
I was talking more in terms of excitement, but I agree with you.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
When the standings on the bubble are changing on a day to day basis, stopping the season at some arbitrary point in time and using that as the final standings is anything but fair.

And LOL at "no different" than if all 82 games were played, seriously?

Well of course not Captain Obvious, do you have a problem with basic comprehension?
upload_2020-5-27_6-58-39.jpeg

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
NHL salary CAP basically provides PARITY in league. We are now a mediocre quality league which distributes talent fairly equally by choice. You have to get really lucky with draft, timing of picks/trades and RFA signings to get a 3-6year run with a good team before it is disassembled by CAP. Our Leafs made playoffs in 3 of past 4 seasons in last week of season.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
So the content of your post was so laughable that you view LOL'ing at it as the obvious response. Interesting.

If your post are that bad, why bother posting at all?

BTW your LOL reference at me stating 82 games being no different than a suddenly shortened season at 85% complete is LOL worthy?
Re-read my post and try to comprehend that whether it be 82 games or a 85 % complete season, there is always going to be a bubble team(s).
Why is this so LOL to you and prompted a seriously?
It's like you are 12 years old or something. :huh:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
BTW your LOL reference at me stating 82 games being no different than a suddenly shortened season at 85% complete is LOL worthy?
Re-read my post and try to comprehend that whether it be 82 games or a 85 % complete season, there is always going to be a bubble team(s).
Why is this so LOL to you and prompted a seriously?
It's like you are 12 years old or something. :huh:

So you say BTW, change the subject, throw out a strawman argument and then insult me. This is becoming a waste of time, have a nice day.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

It is one of worst possible matchups for us. But what can you do? Even worse is Bruins in round 2 likely. We are much better off in a fast moving fast paced series against a Tampa or Pittsburgh. We need to make sure every single inference penalty is called. This can't turn into a forecheck and neutral zone trap small ice series.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00